Royal White Elephant Hotel
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$173
US$141
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$136
US$121
Agoda.com
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$99
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$115
US$97
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$152
US$122
Hotels.com
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$301
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$210
US$200
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$81
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$126
US$120
  • Room Service
US$41
US$36
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 November 2012

we know it's low rated, just don't know how terrible could it be.
we booked the day before we arrival the .

and we have 4 person. this is the only hotel have a 3 beds room at last min.
the extra bed is just a mattress without the frame. cost 10 USD.
the first day our room is 104 superior room, the room have no window. the bathroom is smelly, the room is dirty, there is so many bad bugs and flys.
second day, we change to 2 room, and we found the price for foreigners is 90 usd, and standard room is 55usd. but for location is 1500 kbs which is 2 usd.
and the room is still dirty, we stay in 319, which you cant find the electric switch, after we called them, they open from outside some where.... and the bathroom the hot and cold water pipe is invert.
they had a room service at around 23:00, we did not called them, they served hot water and a small pack of the tea. but not happened on our second day.

the breakfast the first day is good, more location foods. it's tasty. but the second day they changed, i can eat the fruits only.

In Yangon, beauty land II which we stay on our first day , it is cheaper and clean and more organized. but we booked too late when we back to yangon. T_T

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ch_Den
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Over our entire trip to Burma, we only had second rate hotel rooms. In other circumstances, I would have rated them poor but in comparison to the other places they get average. The location was wonderful. It was not in walking distance to downtown, but it was smack in the middle of a very busy area in Yangon, where few other tourists go. The food and drinks around here were cheap and plentiful. It was just a short 10 minute inexpensive cab ride to downtown or the temple.

The rooms were large but just very run down. I slept in my sleep sack the entire time and did not bother with the sheets. It felt a bit dirty but no less so than any other cheaper place we stayed. The staff was nice. We did not eat breakfast here as there are many wonderful cafes to check out.

Room Tip: Some have a balcony and some have no windows. Look first!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank planck23
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I made a reservation for my friend at this place. She showed up the night before in order to ensure that the reservation was acceptable. They informed her that everything was fine. Then, the next day, when she showed up with the same ID and reservation number, they told her that it was invalid. This was at a time during high season 2012 where there were very few rooms in any hotels bookable online, so it would appear that they resold the room to someone else.

Also, the first time she went to the hotel, she said that a foreigner was shouting at the front desk because he they could not tell him how many more days he could reserve, likely for the same reason.

She also said that the hotel was in much worse shape than the photos she saw online.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leonard P
Reviewed 4 November 2012

After having read quite a few reviews, I was actually quite pleasantly surprised, and I wish I could give the hotel a 3 1/2 rating.

I was disappointed that there was no electric jug or coffee/tea provided,however, it did not worry me, since I travel with an immersion water heater and my own coffee.

The room I had was large, and had good size windows. The air con and tv worked, wifi connection was sufficient to do my work, the bed was comfortable, and the bathroom was clean. The power cut out during the night, but the huge generator cicked in, so no discomfort. Breakfast was good, with a good choice of food, fresh fruit etc. I had a couple of evening meals in the restaurant, the food was good, and the waiter lovely. Restaurant prices were in the normal range for Myanmar hotels, not cheap but affordable.

The hotel is about 15 - 25 minutes from the centre of Yangon, depending on the traffic. Taxi fare was between 3.500 and 5.000 kyat (between $4 and $6). It's in a residential area, about 5 minutes walk (and across a main arterial road) from a beautiful lake/park.

I really don't like carpets on the floor in hotels, but it seems to be the norm in Myanmar, At the moment I am staying in a brand spanking new hotel in Bagan, and guess what? carpet floor covering! So I guess I better get used to it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank widder47
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Nothing royal here. Standard room is small, has a window that looks out to the corridor in the day and will act as a mirror in the nite..as long as no one is on the other side. Small fridge with some drinks. No coffee or tea pack provided. No flask to boil water. Have to keep calling the kitchen for hot water. Toilet bowl stained. Bath tub stained and cracked. Basically its a rest and go room. Food is alrite. I asked why its different from the pictures shown and they said those are superior rooms with windows that has the outside world view. Wifi is good. Hard pillows and mattress.

Room Tip: I am not sure which is better here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple