“Wonderful company at home away from home! The BEST!”

and 1 more site!
Bike World Bed, Breakfast & Bike
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed at Bike World for one week while in Yangon on my own. I couldn't have possibly imagined a more comfortable, clean, and relaxing place to stay. Auntie Soe Soe made me feel at home and even made sure I had everything I needed while I was sick for a few of days. Both she and Jeff, the owners, and all of the staff are warm, friendly and bright people that made the time I had in Yangon more than just a trip. The rooms are very comfortable and spotless (sometimes even cleaned/bed made more than once a day!) and always stocked with free bottled water. It's a short walk from Inya Lake - a great place to take an evening stroll in the park and get some dinner! Bike World is the BEST place to stay in Yangon to anyone looking for a clean, cozy and friendly home away from home from which to explore the city. Thank you Soe Soe and Jeff for a great week in Yangon!! :)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Situated in a peaceful and silent part of Yangon close to Inya Lake
Staff so friendly and the manager spoke very good english.Room was spacious and had aircon.Many good restaurantes along the seaside
I warmly recommend it

Jan , Sweden

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jan J
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Bike World is easily my favorite place to stay in Myanmar. I stayed for four nights and enjoyed it so much I returned for another nine nights later in my trip. Auntie SoeSoe is as friendly and thoughtful as everyone says and always made me feel at home. She and her Australian husband Jeff have thought through all of the practical considerations and, although the rooms aren't fancy, they have everything you need including good aircon. I went on the Sunday mountain bike ride and the Friday night city ride with Jeff and his group of regular riders and guests. They aren't tours so much as a good bicycle ride with friendly people. Both were a lot of fun and I recommend trying it if you enjoy biking. Bike World seems to attract a more friendly, diverse group of guests than other places I've stayed in Yangon. I hope to be back!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

The instructions that SoeSoe gave me to give to the driver assured that I did not have any issues getting to the guesthouse. It is quite far away from downtown but I appreciated the quiet location. I stayed in "Gear" which is a single room in the new building. The room itself has fast internet, new and clean. The price is a bit expensive (50usd) but since I was only staying one night, I did not mind.

But if I were to remember one thing about my stay here, it is the graciousness and friendliness of SoeSoe. She greeted me like I was an old friend and is very hospitable above all I can imagine. I participated in the midnight cycle ride with Jeff and did not manage to eat dinner prior and I was so hungry afterwards. SoeSoe actually gave me food that she bought earlier but did not manage to eat because she wasn't hungry yet.

Also, on my last day in Yangon after getting back from my morning flight from Inle, my flight back to Singapore was in the evening and SoeSoe offered that I can leave my luggage at her place while I do some last minute sightseeing and shopping and even take a shower to freshen up before heading to the airport. I appreciated it so much and will recommend this guesthouse to all my friends! :)

2  Thank caramelski
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I always stay at Bike World when in Yangon. The rooms and breakfast are great but the best part is the people who run the place, an Aussie guy named Jeff and his wife Soe Soe, along with all of the staff are great. If possible arrive on a Friday night and go along for the late night group bike ride that goes by all of the sites you will want to come back and visit later, including Shwedagon Pagoda, Chinatown, Kandawgyi lake, and the house of Aung San Suu Kyi. From the moment you arrive Soe Soe helps get your itinerary sorted and points you in the direction of whatever it is you want to see, do or explore.

The place has a cool bike theme with every room named after a part of the bicycle, but even if you re not a cycling enthusiast it is still a great place to stay. It is just outside downtown in a posh neighbourhood at Inye Lake surrounded by embassies and mansions. A short and cheap taxi ride has you anywhere you need to be in the city. The traffic isn't as bad in Yangon as in many other Asian cities and the fares being cheap means don't need (or probably want) to be on the downtown crowded and crazy grid system.

If you stay here once you will probably not bother to stay anywhere else in Yangon..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DavidMayesPhuket
Reviewed 19 February 2014

As Myanmar is not yet well known, is good to have a reliable place to stay once arriving in Yangon. This BB is located between airport and downtown. The bedroom I've got is in the new building. Small but clean with AC, TV and WiFi. The owners Soe Soe and Jeff are very kind. Breakfast is very good. Even is a little bit expensive for a backpacker I would take it again because they make you feel very comfortable which is nice when gettig into a strange country.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was greeted by the owner Soe Soe upon my arrival, the next minute we are in conversation like friends catching up with one another. I arrived early so while I'm waiting as they prepare my room, they serve me limitless Burmese food and drinks free of charge. The location is near Inya Lake and 15 minutes from downtown Yangon, but you' ll appreciate the quiet surrounding and exclusiveness of the place. I would recommend Bike World to all types of travelers who want to experience Burmese hospitality.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo