“Good and new hotel!”

Ranked #56 of 158 Yangon (Rangoon) B&B and Inns
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good and new hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Super nice staff, very good rooms And furniture- bed was top quality. Only spot is the breakfast- not particularly good, still fine tought!
It is not downtown but a cab ride costs 2 usd, so its ok- beautiful view on the park and pagoda. Wifi free and working prwtty much everywhere

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here about 4-5 times when I was in Yangon for work recently. The staff from the concierge to reception to the restaurant are very warm and helpful. Upon checking in, there is a welcome drink and check-in was pretty fast.

Room size was ok and most importantly clean. The bathroom was clean too except that the towels aren't white when i went there after the 2nd time. Like in Vietnam, even though it's a 3-star hotel, they give full bathroom amenities like toothbrush and shaver.

Breakfast at the penthouse is decent too though they don't have fresh cooked eggs. I've tried their ala-carte menu and it's quite ok.

I would recommend this hotel as it's still new and clean. The only thing I'm not that happy is the price as it's pretty steep for a 3-star hotel. Anyways, hotel rates in Myanmar has shot up through the roof ever since they open up.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Stayed her for two weeks because it is close to my office (walking distance) and this is where my local staff made reservations for me. It is a very standard business hotel. Rooms are adequate and my bathroom was quite big compared to the room size. I even had a small balcony with a view of the Shwedagon pagoda, but it was dirty from the rain and birds nesting, so I never went out.

My room was very clean and serviced regularly. One great thing about the hotel is the honest staff. I left wads of cash on the table next to my bed and it was always there when I returned. Burmese people are very honest and trustworthy.

The restaurant is on the top floor with beautiful views of the Shwedagon pagoda and the Resistance Park. Breakfast is adequate...mostly Asian food with some eggs and toast. Don't expect any pastries, but lots of Burmese dessert-like items. It was good. I ate dinner on a few nights when I had to work and the menu has a mixture of Burmese, Thai, Chinese, and Western items. Everything I had was good. It is relatively cheap compared to many hotel restaurants in Yangon.

Service is very attentive. The hotel staff loaned me an umbrella every day because it was raining pretty much every day. They called taxis, gave me directions to the mall and other restaurant, and promptly delivered my laundry. The staff speak good English and are very helpful.

Definitely consider it if you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel in Yangon with good service.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with a view of the Shwedagon pagoda if you want a view. However, these rooms also f...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank The_Nomadic_Doctor
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

It ain't cheap (there are no cheap hotels in Yangon), but it's clean and functional and the staff is helpful. The WiFi on the individual floors tends to drop out, but the lobby system is always working. Nice view of Shwedagon Pagoda from some rooms.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

They only had the royal suites available, which are their top end rooms.
They were pretty expensive but massive and very comfortable.
There was a jacuzzi bath but no standalone shower soi had to sit in the bath to shower. not a problem for me but others might not like it.
Breakfast was OK - Asian selection, but not exactly stellar.
Staff were great, super friendly and always willing to help. The bell boy was more than happy to hail a cab and make sure they gave me a good deal.
Nice view of the Shwedagon pagoda across peoples park and a range of restaurants close by from expat places to local cafes.
The only downside was the road, which was pretty busy and was noisy until about 11 when it started to quieten down. Wouldn't recommend if you're a light sleeper.
WiFi was good and fairly fast.

I'd recommend my hotel but didn't see the smaller rooms so can't say whether they're good value or not.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank YukiNoSaru
Wellington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

We stayed here for three nights with our 4 year old boy. The rooms are small, but very clean and quite modern. The hotel staff speak basic English and are very helpful. Breakfast was simple, with a limited variety but was all we needed. It is not located in the main CBD but taxis are easy to get and taking into account traffic jams, you are probably about 15 minutes from the main market.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

My first time to Myanmar and some of my friend tell me to stay here for 3 nights. . it's value to money which good wifi and breakfast. Some department store near here by walking.

One thing to concern about non-smoking room, don't forget to repeat about this before check-in oterwise you will get non-smoking room with smell.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple