“Very Pleasant”
Review of Cafe Sule

Cafe Sule
Price range: US$10 - US$32
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Café Sule brings to Yangon a confluence of flavours and cultures, presented by a team of international chefs. Enjoy the finest in Asian, international and comfort food cuisine at the rejuvenated Café Sule.
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We had a lovely (Western) lunch at Trader Cafe. This appears to be a well run hotel in the middle of Yangon's chaos. Prices were a bit up there but not alarming

1  Thank harry250

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Not much good food in Yangon, so for lunch I often went to the Traders Hotel Café. Good sandwiches, melts and pastries and very good coffee. Pricey as everything at Traders, but worth it if you are starving for good food.

1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed 11 February 2014

During my two night stay at Traders Hotel, I managed to try breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the cafe. I enjoyed all three meals. At dinner, I concentrated on the Asian dishes. The fried chicken chunks with sweet chile dipping sauce, the fish curry, cut-to-order sashimi, and chicken tikka were real standouts, but I was also impressed with the taste of rare roast lamb I got from my husband. Breakfast was my favorite, with three flavors of congee (all the condiments, too), delicious fried noodles, and real steak (a little tough, but tasty). At lunch, I finally discovered the hand-dipped ice cream station. Kudos to the bread baker and pastry chef -- the best I had during my two weeks in Myanmar.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were staying at the Traders so we used the Cafe quite a bit. The buffet breakfast had a reasonable range of Western and Asian options. The lunch buffet at US$22 was similar but they also have a pretty comprehensive à la carte menu. Not many Burmese dishes but plenty of Asian ones to suit the clientele who were mainly from East and SE Asia. Service was very friendly and attentive. I had chicken tikka with naan bread for lunch one day and the buffet on another. The dinner buffet at US$30 was also good.
I would recommend the Traders for when your stomach is rebelling against too much local food.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at the Traders Hotel for 3 nights (2 nights and 1 night) - so got to sample the Traders café for breakfast and 2 lunches. This review is a combination of all of those visits.
Breakfast: Large buffet offering with choices of Burmese, Chinese, Thai and Indian cuisines. Very attentive staff (sometimes too attentive), tasty food and very clean - certainly one of the best breakfast buffets around.
Lunch: The first lunch I had was just a Burmese affair - asparagus soup followed by grilled prawns (Burmese style). The soup was just the right portion - the prawns with onions were a bit salty (but could be compensated for by the rice) and dessert was a plate of fresh fruit.
Lunch: The second lunch I had was a buffet - again a wide range of offerings - tried the soft shelled crabs (Japanese style) - they were very good; the chicken tandoori was good, the naan bread was a bit soggy. The Thai tom-yum soup was excellent and the dessert of bread and butter pudding was very good as well.
I would certainly recommend the Traders hotel café (they also have an excellent Chinese restaurant) - the total bill was around $25 (a bit pricey for Burma but in line with other SE Asian countries)