“Great staff.”

Best Western Green Hill Hotel
Ranked #15 of 163 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I travel regularly for work and have stayed in a wide variety of hotel types from 5-star through to your very basic hotel. Greenhill's staff are some of the very best hotel staff I have ever come across. I come from a country were tourism is the main industry but sadly we have lost a genuine warmth and kindness. The staff here at Greenhill are professional, diligent and truly genuinely warm.
Like some other reviewers in this forum the decor is a little dated BUT the hotel is spotless. Their gym is new and the times I used the gym I had the great privilege to be assisted by their male and female gym attendants. Both of whom were athletes themselves and they would both jump on the floor with me to help me stretch, teach me correct techniques and advise me on my diet. And all volunteered by the way. I can tell you I will be so sad to leave Greenhill. The same day laundry service is fantastic. The breakfast is top notch for what you pay and they do everything they can do to provide a variety every day. As a foodie breakfast is without a doubt my favorite meal in this hotel.
I have no problem inviting others to stay here. There were a few food incidents with room service which the hotel were overly apologetic about and this was always followed by an apology plate of fruit. Simple gestures count. They should never happen in food service BUT some of these things happen. It is simply a matter for the hotel to make sure it never happens again. We have been living here for over a month now and it is not time for us to leave. I will miss the place as it is home now.
Thank you to all the staff here you are a great credit to your managers and to Myanmar. Best wishes and ongoing growth and success to you all.
Jason M

Room Tip: I only had one room so not able to advise here.
1  Thank JasonLIM78

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Its the best hotel to stay while in yangon. The staff is so gentle and they really make you feel pleased and confortable and the hotel. Food and prices are very good. The location of the hotel is excellent if you are willing to visit touristic places at yangon. But the most important asset of the hotel is the staff and the team of people that will make your staying at yangon very pleasent

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pedro J
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The staff at this hotel were by far the most pleasant and accommodating that I have encountered anywhere in the world. I stayed here while on secondment in Yangon and the staff were very professional and helpful at every turn. They never acted like anything was too much trouble for them. I cannot thank enough for making my stay here a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nadia A
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Compare a low economic region, their performance can be accepted. i can not speck so much. Sorry. Don't want to speak too much. The internet speed is too slow when i lived there. Maybe, it is rain season.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Ridiculous hotel for the price. It wasn't the worst hotel I have stayed in, and the service was definitely very friendly. But paying almost $150USD for a bathroom sink with no hot water, a tiny little window in my room, a dire breakfast, very dated decor, and not a great location feels a bit steep! Compared to other cities in Southeast Asia, this is one of the worst values for money I have encountered that I can remember. Any other city I can think of gives much more bang for your buck. The stay was okay, and the food at dinner in the restaurant was surprisingly good. Another plus is that while small, the gym has relatively new Lifefitness equipment. Still, for the price, I expect MUCH better in SE Asia!!

2  Thank jchanlifat
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very impressive as my experience is about lost and found my phone. I realized my phone was lost when i checked-in at the airport back to Bangkok. I didn't remember where i lost it because I didn't use roaming service. Jonathan found the phone and tried to contact me back using Facebook message sent to my friend. I've just received the phone today, so i wrote the review here to thank Jonathan and the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Kittinat T
Jonathan T, Manager at Best Western Green Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Kittinat,

Mingalabar, Greeting from Best Western Green Hill Hotel Yangon!

It was our great pleasure that you have received your hand phone back since we are trying our best to make our cusotmer happy and satisfy at all times. In fact, our bell service had found your handset somewhere in the lobby and was passed it over to me for lost and found action. Then, we, management trying to find a way to reach unkown person, was you by using different ways so as to return it back. Eventually, we made it with your friend connection by facebook in your phone handset.
Our quote is to make our customer happy with our services and facilities and we will maintain our consistent service to our esteemed guest as always.

Warm Regards,
Jonathan

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Its an ok hotel, nothing very outstanding about anything. Different rooms have different upholstery, so better ask for the rooms on the 5th floor, which are nicer and well decked;I didnt and was in a room which was quite depressing and had green walls! The wifi never seemed to work, although the staff was quite helpful and prompt in attending to the same. The breakfast is ok, and so are some parts of the lunch/dinner.

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emptymusings
Jonathan T, Manager at Best Western Green Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Emptymusings,

Mingalabar,

Greeting from Best Western Green Hill Hotel Yangon!

We heed customer review and take every single comment seriously, your comment and your review is very important for us to find out what our weakness and which area is still required to progress. We just want to have detail when was the time you have stayed with us,Best Western Green Hill Hotel, base on your comment which especially pointing out our Wi-Fi is not working properly since we have already upgraded our Wi-Fi into Fiber Optic (10 MB) which is pretty fast and having a consistent network strength at all tiimes since last couple of month ago. Accordingly, we have also upgraded our rooms facility & amenities and now there is nothing much gap between lower and upper floors exception of different design.

No matter how,we guarantee our sericve and facility to make our guest happy and satisfy.

Best Regards,