Hninn Si Budget Inn
PARKROYAL Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$152
US$122
Hotels.com
Sule Shangri-La Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$155
US$140
Savoy Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$210
US$200
Rose Garden Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$99
Agoda.com
Inya Lake Hotel, Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$81
Sedona Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$138
US$121
Agoda.com
Chatrium Hotel Royal Lake Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$115
US$97
The Loft Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$191
US$120
  • Room Service
US$41
US$32
  • Breakfast included
Belmond Governor's Residence(Yangon (Rangoon))
US$301
All reviewsshared bathroomair conditioningstayed nightstea and coffeebackpackerseggmohingataxisplugsmosquitoes
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The great experience started from my booking with quick, efficient, helpful responses. On arrival at the airport we were meet and taken directly to the hostel. We were welcomed with a cup of Myanmar tea and the friendly smiling face of Khine.
The rooms are on several floors with shared bathrooms, although the only other person I ever saw in there was the young man cleaning the showers and toilets. There were five rooms on our floor and three toilets and three showers which were immaculately clean. The room was big enough with three beds in though we only asked for a double so somewhere to put our backpacks. There was also a small table and an airer. Could possibly have done with a small mirror to brush your hair. The beds were really comfortable and the air con was very efficient and quiet.
All of the staff were helpful and Khine went out of her way to give us what felt like VIP treatment with stacks of information about the rest of Myanmar and what to see.
I would definitely recommend this hostel/ guesthouse but as long as you accept this is not five star. Accomodation in Yangon and Myanmar generally is expensive in comparison to the rest of SE Asia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rachrisuk
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Triple sharing for about 16SGD a night per person. Great offer for free transfer from airport to the inn for those staying at least two nights. Very welcoming and generous manager, Khine, who was helpful with our questions and offered us beans with rice from breakfast and Myanmar tea. Rooms very quite fine, but toilets on third floor were small and my head was touching the ceiling. Second floor toilets were much better. Location-wise it is not bad, walkable to Bogyoke Aung San Market in 30 mins. Botataung Pagoda is just 5 minutes away.

Three experiences made it all the more odd:
1. I wanted to call Golden Harp Taxi Service to confirm my arrival in Yangon, but the guy at the reception repeatedly tried to divert me to his friend who charged 10USD for city tour compared to what I planned with Golden Harp at 30USD. I couldn't be certain if it was confirmed as he was speaking Burmese when he called for me, but he stopped doing so when his manager entered, and called the number I wanted again as instructed. Very frustrating.
2. At night, I wanted to buy tickets to Bagan at the reception, but was stopped when there was another girl who was leaving. After she apologised and thanked the reception for their help, one guy was sent out to tail her (I suppose) while the guy I was talking to went to the windows overlooking the road and spied for at least 5 minutes, ignoring me. I just sat there watching all this happening, then the first guy came back and mentioned 'taxi' to the second and he made several calls after that. You can make your own conclusions.
3. I bought a Samsung charger from the mobile phone accessories shop on the first floor, named Hninn Si Company Limited. The charger didn't work as the metal part was loose and kept sinking inside the plastic end, so I wanted to change it the next day. As I was out before the shop opened and would be back only after it closed, I asked the reception if they could help me change it. The guy said they could not as they were not linked. But then the next morning I saw the same guy who sold me the charger serving breakfast downstairs to myself and other guests a the inn! But in the end I managed to get it changed myself.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank reublim
Mobile888, Owner at Hninn Si Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

We are sorry that there was a language barrier thus causing some misunderstandings. After some investigation, the manager was trying to get a taxi for another hotel guest. He was trying to call the number that you had given. It was not working. He was not trying to sell you a city tour. A City Tour at $10 is unheard of . Yangon airport to downtown cost about $12. And you can never get a city tour for $10.
Samsung charger- we do change it to a new working charger for you. Our BUDGET INN workers are different from the phone store. They are different people with different work assignments. The phone shop opens from 10:30am to 6:30 pm. When you saw our Inn worker at the breakfast area, the phone shop was not opened as yet. The Inn workers only manage the Inn affairs and phone shop workers know where their things are. The Inn workers are not allowed to sell or do exchanges until the phone workers open shop.
We do hope that this explains all the misunderstandings.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed at Hninn Si for 2 nights at the very beginning of our trip and hadn’t really expected much after reading mixed reviews and seeing pictures of the place that didn’t really sell it very well. However, when we arrived we were surprised to find a really clean place, western toilets that are cleaned several times a day and our double room ($30) was very spacious.
The owners and staff are all really nice and very helpful and everyone apart from the younger lads there can speak great English.
We also really appreciated it when the owners looked out for our interests and got in to a bit of an argument with a pushy taxi driver who wouldn’t take no for an answer when trying to sell us a tour. The driver had been really nice but just wasn’t getting the hint.
The Inn is also in a decent location with a place called Ruby restaurant just around the corner that serves delicious food and is also only a 3000k taxi trip away from Shwedagon Pagoda.
We have booked to return again at the end of our trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed there 2 nights with my friends in a triple room. When I was in Yangon, it was raining dogs and cats so we stayed the whole night in the inn. It was clean, comfortable. We had wifi, air con, nice beds, NO TV, share bathroom and toilet for $38 for one night but that was all we needed. It's convenient that they also have airport transfer. For details, you can have a look at their website http://hninnsibudgetinn.com/

The staffs were really great, esp the owner. I met her shortly at the second night but she was really helpful with tips and suggestions. Others were friendly and all but their English wasn't good enough. However, the service was fantastic. They offered cold water and hot tea/coffee on your arrival and departure.

We didn't have much time and it rained really hard so we couldn't walk from the inn to other popular such as Shwedagon, Sule pagoda, Scot market... If you go in dry season and have more time, you can take advantage of its location. Though Botataung Pagoda is pretty near from the inn, around 10-15' walk. If you go as a group, taxi fare aren't too much. It took us K2000 (about $2) one way to Swedaon.

The breakfast were basic, the eggs were a little bit oily for my taste but you can always step outside, there are stores and even small convenience shop nearby with all kind of breads, cookies... to improve your meal.

Room Tip: If they give you room near the reception (201, 301, 401), ask for others if possible because you'll have to endure the noises from all the chatting or for us, we were the nearest to the road so I couldn't sleep at the first night.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Trang T
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

If u just need a clean bed to sleep on...this is the place for you. They have clean shared toilets and bath. A room without tv but aircon unit is quite new. It's a repainted Yangon shophouse located in a main avenue leading to a famous temple. There are many small local restaurants beside it and even a small 24 hour grocer shop. They serve breakfast from 6:30-10:30 after that the 1st floor becomes a phone accessories store. Hninn Si is the Myanmar name for "Rose" so it's Rose budget inn . There are only 14 small rooms in all the 4 floors. Each room contains 2 single or 3 single beds. To go up to the 3rd and 4th flr u have to climb steep stairs painted in blue. The reception is in the 2nd floor manned by young men who spoke decent English . They arranged my tour with a guy who worked in Singapore for over 10 yrs and thus spoke good English and has very good background of Myanmar history.If u are on a budget, a backpacker or an adventurer I can recommend this place for you.

• Stayed: August 2013