Hninn Si Budget Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Orchid Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Ocean Pearl Inn(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 51(Yangon (Rangoon))
Eastern Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Grand Laurel Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
AKT Hotel (A Kyi Taw)(Yangon (Rangoon))
Hotel 63(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Asia Plaza Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Breakfast included
Vintage Luxury Yacht Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Rangoon 40 Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
All reviewsshared bathroomair conditioningstayed nightstea and coffeebackpackerseggmohingataxisplugsmosquitoes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed for 2 nights when we first arrived in Myanmar. So impressed with the service. Owner speaks fantastic English and very welcoming. Staff very attentive. As budget backpackers, receiving tea on arrival, fresh towels daily, water in the room and super duper air con was a massive treat. Good shared bathrooms. Next door to ocean pearl which is in lonely planet, so very easy to find.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank TheGreenManThriplow
Reviewed 24 September 2013

This budget hostel is located along Pazundaung Township and is a bit far from the city center. Nevertheless, it takes about 25 minutes to walk to the Sule Pagoda and about 15 minutes to the Botataung Pagoda. I got a room on the 2nd floor, which was very basic (think windowless) but has strong aircon. The hostel serves basic breakfast in the morning but does not offer meals round the clock. A small grocery shop a few steps away from the hostel saves you from hunger pangs. Spacious shared bathroom. Plus points: the very friendly and efficient staff, reliable wifi and unlimited free bottled water! (Just ask for it and they’ll give it to you.) Downside: location, few eating options in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Mobile888, Owner at Hninn Si Budget Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

With reference to your comment, we are actually in City centre. We are only FIVE minutes walk away from Bota Taung Pagoda. Approximately 15-16 minutes walk from our guest house to Sula Pagoda. I am quite suprised that you didn't see all these restaurants around us, within one minute walk there are Myanmar Chinese restaurant call, May Shan. Next door to May Shan restaurant is a BBQ restaurant, two shops down is Myanmar coffee shop, opposite side of these restaurants, a Bakery, and a Japanese restaurant.These restuarants are stones throw away from our guest house, you could easily see from our 2nd floor balcony. If you want something fancy, where you can find expatriate and high class Myanmar, the restaurant, 50th Bar & Grill; it's 10 minutes walk. That's on our right, on our left side, 1-2 minutes walk a restaurant, 7 Colour, it's local food, 10 minutes walk Northern Indian Restaurant, Golden City Chitty, and round that area, there are hundreds of small/medium/large restaurants. We are a budget inn but we do offer all day/ night breakfast at your request. Afternoon snack which we offer in the late afternoon. Water unlimited, All our rooms have window. I'm sorry I have to correct you, but all our rooms do have windows. I hope this clarifies your doubts. We always try our best to make our guests stay at our Inn a comfortable and pleasant one.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the start and end of our recent trip to Myanmar. The hotel is well located to visit the sites of Yangon. It is a budget inn and you do get what you pay for but the rooms and shared bathroom are clean and constantly kept clean by the hotels staff. The owners English is excellent (she is married to an American I believe) and will happily book buses, order taxis and give advice about travelling around Yangon and Myanmar. The English of other members of staff was lower but they are still very keen to help and support. Had to pay an airport transfer fee as apart of our booking on our last stay (we hadn't had to pay it the first time we stayed there) which was well above what an actual taxi would have been. Breakfast is pleasant but basic and served in the mobile phone shop downstairs

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My experiance at the Hninn Si Budget Inn was wonderful, the staff was always helpful and ready to serve my every need. My business trip was so much more pleasant being picked up at the airport and with no delays. The staff was so delightful and efficient, Mike was most helpful as I was checked in quickly to my room which was very simple and clean, with a very comfortable bed, the shared bathroom was no problem and room service and laundry service was great. The area had many food stalls as well as up scale restaurants. I have only high praise for the Hninn Si Budget Inn and it's staff and would recommend anyone to stay there. I know my next stay will be just as pleasant and I look forward to my next business trip and my stay there. The rates were also so reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank D3196ULrichards
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The great experience started from my booking with quick, efficient, helpful responses. On arrival at the airport we were meet and taken directly to the hostel. We were welcomed with a cup of Myanmar tea and the friendly smiling face of Khine.
The rooms are on several floors with shared bathrooms, although the only other person I ever saw in there was the young man cleaning the showers and toilets. There were five rooms on our floor and three toilets and three showers which were immaculately clean. The room was big enough with three beds in though we only asked for a double so somewhere to put our backpacks. There was also a small table and an airer. Could possibly have done with a small mirror to brush your hair. The beds were really comfortable and the air con was very efficient and quiet.
All of the staff were helpful and Khine went out of her way to give us what felt like VIP treatment with stacks of information about the rest of Myanmar and what to see.
I would definitely recommend this hostel/ guesthouse but as long as you accept this is not five star. Accomodation in Yangon and Myanmar generally is expensive in comparison to the rest of SE Asia.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple