“For the good of the people and the society”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yangon Bakehouse

Yangon Bakehouse
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe, European
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Yangon Bakehouse is a social enterprise dedicated to creating job opportunities, skills development and fair wages to disadvantaged women. How? By providing stellar yummy food items to the community and putting all our profit back into the business.
Singapore
“For the good of the people and the society”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

most people probably heard of Yangon bakehouse for the good that they are doing for the community and society and I daresay what they are doing so far for the underprivileged women is definitely paying off.

Yangon bakehouse is located at Pearl Tower and I had some trouble looking for the block and then it was located in the middle of 2 corridor. I read so many rave reviews that I must come and try the food out for myself. I bought a chocolate banana muffin, brownie and a Lemon Cheesecake. Oh how I missed the cheesecake. It was a bit too sweet for me though but otherwise the crust and the cheese were to die for. I for one is very particular on the crust of the cheesecake. Next time, I will try and order some sandwiches and probably the quiche as well. Why are you still reading? Go on, support them now!! Buy a cookie or a coffee!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Scottie_west

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Giving something back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

When you learn that all the staff have had a disadvantaged background but are smiley and cheerful and serve decent coffee, muffins etc, then this is a nice place to go for brunch or breakfast. Good sandwiches, quiche and the sausage rolls are a bit naughty. Cookies are good too. Take away available.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank babsl66
moonrattles, Public Relations Manager at Yangon Bakehouse, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We did want to clarify to be fully transparent. Our staff consists of our apprentices (disadvantaged women training with us to gain job skills so they can earn a sustainable living), interns (recent young graduates who lack experience and and are interested in social business) and staff (Myanmar, mostly non-traditionally trained, but excellent - who oversee, train and ensure consistency). We are glad you enjoyed our products as well as our mission.
London, United Kingdom
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I bought pastry, cookies and sandwich from here which were freshly prepared for my flight with air Asia going to Hong Kong. This is an excellent place and I enjoyed my goodies on my flight.

Visited March 2014
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“This Bakehouse Will Go On Through Years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Food is great, portions are sufficient and prices are relatively reasonable.

Yangon Bakehouse does not only sell bread but the business helps women in Yangon get a trade for themselves and be a significant part of the society.

• Visited April 2014
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
“Great alternative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

If you are looking for cookies, pastries, sandwiches and the alike, this a great alternative.. Small portions, though, but really yummy. And it has a great concept behind it, so that gives it extra brownie points!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank jcasan0va
moonrattles, Public Relations Manager at Yangon Bakehouse, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Thank you for the review and feedback on our portion sizes. We are always trying to ensure we balance customer desires. If you have specific feedback on items you feel we can size up or improve, please do contact us directly through our website or FB page.