High Five Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MS Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Myanmar Life Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Diamond Star Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Rose Palace Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
Airport Inn(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Yangon Airport Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Royal Pavilion Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Ten Mile Hotel(Yangon (Rangoon))
  • Restaurant
Hotel Yangon(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
Holly Hotel Myanmar(Yangon (Rangoon))
View Hotel
All reviewsclose to the airportbus stationovernight staysell waterearly morning callnext morningno liftbudget rooman airport hotelshower and toiletairport costfluent in englishmini barbetween flightswake up callquiet streetdecent size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is new, modern and clean. I booked a standard room (inclusive of breakfast) for 1 night as I was arriving from Mandalay to catch the next morning flight back. I paid 3000kyats for taxi from airport to hotel. Room is very clean with very powerful wifi and aircon - I actually have to turn off the aircon middle of the night. Very hot water from the shower. Breakfast was good and you can request to have it in the room. One thing to compliment the hotel. I was unwell after my Mandalay/Yangon flight due to my injury. So when my Yangon friend came to pick me up at the hotel to a local private hospital, the lady at the front office actually drive and lead the way to the hospital in her car for my friend to follow (as he was unsure of the direction) And that was about 10pm. I did not manage to get the name of the kind lady but it was on 22 May evening so a BIG thank-you for your help if you manage to see this.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank NSEL
swe1981, General Manager at High Five Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for the warm compliments you have given to us. We are always willing to help our guests especially when they are unwell.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

The hotel is located quite close to the airport and we had a 6 am flight in the morning which is the reason we decided to spend our final night in Yangon there. The hotel has a lot of friendly staff who speak a decent level of English. A woman who appeared to be the owner was also present when we were there who spoke superb English. They were very helpful when my fiancée was unwell.

The room was well presented with modern fixtures and fittings, if a little bare. There is a flat screen TV but the choice of channels is rather limited. There is one working channel with predominantly English language movies with Burmese subtitles as well as a couple of news channels. The aircon isn't great unfortunately, being hidden away in a recess in the ceiling means it struggles to cool the room.

The bathroom is a decent size and clean though rather reminiscent of a public swimming pool or gym. The water is hot and plentiful and the shower head is detachable which is the style I prefer personally.

The hotel restaurant has a reasonable selection of dishes and the two we tried were tasty with reasonable sized portions.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex C
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Very good choice for just staying overnight very near to the airport. And a very reasonable price compared to other hotels in Yangon.
Staff very nice, friendly and helpful. They even offered me to make breakfast - included in the rate - at 04.30 in the morning though this is not the official breakfast time. I declined as I had already coffee in my room. They also sell you some beer or soft drinks and snacks. Or order food from outside if you want.
Rooms are big and clean - also very spare furnished but just for 1 night what do you need?
Bathroom includes toilet, wash basin and shower. This might also be the only negative point - when you take a shower, the whole floor is wet and you will get wet feet going to the toilet or washing your hands.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank eva1500
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I stayed there last year during my visit back to Myanmar. The Price are very reasonable and very close to the airport. The free Wifi is very convenience for me as well.There are many local food shops around as well. All the staffs are very friendly and good breakfast as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This place is adequate for transit purposes, just minutes from the airport and in a small alley (so street noise is reduced). The rooms are clean, with their two complementary water bottles are in the fridge, free wifi, and extremely courteous staff (they'd even packed us to-go breakfasts as we headed out 5am the following morning).

a bit overpriced, but like all hotels and pretty much everything in Yangon, things are more expensive if you're a foreigner

there are no elevators (our rooms were 3 floors up), the staff helped with the luggages, but still...

there's a karaoke/music lounge next door, which seems loud from the outside, but our side of the rooms did not hear anything, so just in case...

the place doesn't seem to be within walking distance to anything wither, there's a convenience booth just outside on the main street and is opened quite late, but they only sell water & some local snacks. There also seem to be a very local diner (outdoored) right next to it, but it was closed when I passed by,

All in all this is a winner for the purpose of just "transiting"

Room Tip: - lower floors if you can't climb the stairs, their staff will help with the luggages...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business