“Best place to stay for business travelers”
Review of Hotel Esta

Hotel Esta
Ranked #41 of 151 Hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
Singapore, Singapore
“Best place to stay for business travelers”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have been travelling to Yangon for work for the past two years and have stayed in many different hotels. Especially for long trips such as 7-10 days, it is not easy to find good hotel at reasonable price. Those cheaper hotels have horrible smell or problems with heater and food. The 4-5 star hotels are too expensive. Hotel Esta is the first hotel i have stayed in that fits my requirement of comfortable bed, fast wifi, clean rooms and good breakfast. After eating their set breakfast included in the room price, I can have a good working day. They serve both good Asian and Western food. Most small hotels I have stayed in only provide bread as the western food and only serve not so tasty asian food. The friendly waiters and waitresses asked me to try their pancakes for breakfast. Really tasted like those from some brunch places I have eaten at in Singapore. Very nice. When i went there, it rained very heavily every day so i will usually eat at the hotel restaurant for dinner. Good food and great value. Staff are also very obliging to requests. Their reservations manager is also very helpful. I initially booked one week stay but needed to extend for 3 more days. As their hotel was full, she had a hard time getting a room for me. But she did it. Thank you.

Room Tip: Deluxe double rooms have huge king-sized beds
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank justin a

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Close to major attractions, no more than a $2 taxi ride away if you are older like us and find it too hot to walk. Excellent and reliable hotel, with wonderful pillows! They Respond quickly to emails, despite our Plane being almost 5 hours late, the lovely smiling Doh (hope I spelt it correctly) met us and gave us a beautiful ride to the hotel, pointing out the beautiful Shwegadon pagoda and Inle lake. The staff don't always have exceptional English, and of course we don't speak their language but they try very hard to communicate. Breakfast was lovely and included in price! This modern and very comfortable hotel represents exceptional value and the staff are always very eager to help!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Twomarys
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is modern, clean and centrally located, close to all major attractions.The room is clean and comfortable .You are assured of a good nights sleep.Bathroom is also clean. This hotel's wifi worked very well, unlike some other hotels in Yangon. Breakfast has a good selection of Asian and Western. I especially appreciated the Burmese Fried Rice With Fried Egg and the buttermilk pancakes. The staff is very nice , excellent service,very helpful. I enjoy my stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Cheung_CKN
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is my second stay in Hotel Esta. I have stayed in other similar hotels but I chose this hotel again for this trip because my previous stay was very enjoyable. This time, I was even more pleasantly surprised because I was given a free upgrade to the deluxe room! I noticed that the rooms are well maintained and the staff are still very friendly. The hotel is located in the downtown area and traveling to the tourist areas is very convenient. The hotel restaurant has a wide variety choices and the food is delicious yet affordable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who want to stay in an inexpensive but well located hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank JasonLimCK
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was in Yangon for business and stayed at Hotel Esta for 3 nights. I stayed in a Deluxe room and it is more spacious than I have expected for the price. The room is clean, well equipped and has a very comfortable king sized bed. The hotel is near Bogyoke market where I was able to buy Burmese handicraft and jewellery for my wife. The staff are quite friendly and helpful. The restaurant in the hotel serves a variety of good food and I was able to enjoy all my breakfasts and lunches in the hotel. My overall experience has been excellent and I will definitely be back again for my future travels to Yangon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank DaveKelly84
colombo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We are spending our last night today and it is good to write the experience we had in Esta Hotel .
We came here by comments and recommendation on TA. It was quite correct . The Hotel is at convenient place in Yangon with easy access to the main attractions. Most of the places where tourists are interested within 2000 kyats taxi price range. The staff is great willing to help and always cheerful too. The Manager is good guy find out tourist information for us and helpful too.
The hotel is newly refurbished with nice minimal looks, the small lobby lounge and dinning area facing the roads at front and sides. The black and white and grey theme seem to be work well for Esta.
The room are spacious and clean and toilet is small but works well . The room has equipped with TV, kettle, good AC, full mirror,
I would say it is a good place to experience Yangon .

Room Tip: I think all rooms have window, but don't expect great views, it is a down town hotel surrounded...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kumudu M
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It was my first trip to Myanmar. I and my staff stayed in Esta Hotel for 3 nights. Eventhough the hotel is not very big, its location is quite convenient. There is a nearby mall. The service and assitance of the manager and the staff were very warm and pleasant. Twice we brought mango from the market and asked them to peel for us. And they did it with a smile. The manager even let us taste a local snack she was carrying to her office. I would really recommend Esta if you are looking for an inexpensive, clean and warm-service hotel

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business