“Mexican food in Yangon”
Review of Manana

Manana
Ranked #15 of 1,100 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Price range: £4 - £12
Reviewed 10 May 2024

I appreciate how plentiful the items are on this menu. I won’t get tired off returning again because there’s lots to try.

Things I would do if I owned the place to make the experience even better:

1. Ask the customer how much salt they want on their margarita. Mine was barely salted, so I didn’t order a second one. Since it’s a drink made custom one at a time, why not ask?

2. Have the drink made prior to serving the guacamole and chips. My chips were up, ready to be served, and I had to wait five minutes for them while the drink was made. By the time they got to the table, the chips had lost their warmth.

3. Add more garlic powder to the guacamole. It needs more zing.

4. The waiter told me my 14,000 Mmk menu choice was too much like my appetizer choice and said I should get something else. Ok, I picked tortilla soup at half the price point at what I originally had picked out.

5. The tortilla soup was advertised as being topped with sour cream. No sour cream was on the soup and the waiter said there wasn’t any in the store. Why not tell me that before I placed my order? Or offer me a discount because the menu item wasn’t as advertised. A side of sour cream on the menu was 3,000 MMK. So, shouldn’t I have had that as a discount?

Still worth going to despite all this non-attention to detail. It’s Mexican food in Yangon, after all.

Date of visit: May 2024

Reviewed 28 January 2023 via mobile

From the moment you walk in with a friendly smile to the food… what an experience and the food is priced well and quality of food is great! I’d highly recommend you try this if you ever have the craving or a hunger to bust!

Thank you to all the staff. Keep it up!

Regards
Stuart

Date of visit: January 2023
Nidia A, Owner at Manana, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2023

Mr. Stuart.
Thank you very much for your review.
We hope to see you soon and try more items from our menu.

Reviewed 25 April 2022

The food was very authentic and amazing it tasted very very good I will come again, The staff was friendly and it was overall clean.

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 8 May 2021

Good food and bar! Would come here again. Can get a bit noisy with packed...hope to have a good night out here with friends again.

Date of visit: June 2020
nidiaa2016, Owner at Manana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

Thank you very much for your visit.
We hope to see you again soon with your friends.

Reviewed 1 April 2021 via mobile

We were working in Myanmar, Yangon during 2015-2017.
So many places were visited and tried. But once we were on ground floor of Pearl Condo, and were hungry.
So, we noticed one small and very colorful place close to us. It was Mexican cafe with red and green tables and chairs, looks like kindergarten, but so cozy and interesting.
We’ve entered and were welcomed by owner/chief and very nice lady who helped us with an order of unknown for us Mexican cuisine.
Starting from that day this place became our favourite family place to visit in Myanmar.
So many years passed but still we are remembering that amazing tastes of chicken quesadilla, guacamole, sangria, salsa, horchatas, burritos, tacos and nachos!
The best place to visit with/without family to have a wonderful lunch/dinner.
Missing that place.
P.S. Since then we’re searching for this taste of quesadilla, horchata and guacamole, but unfortunately nothing can be even compared to what You cooked there.
P.S.S. Would like to get a recipe of that fantastic quesadilla)))))

Date of visit: May 2020
nidiaa2016, Owner at Manana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2021

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We remember you very well.
We still here and We’ll wait for you guys anytime.
Send me your e mail and I’ll give you the recipe for sure.
Thank you very much again.