Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Jan J
Kladno, Czech Republic

Nice, clean hotel

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 1 Jan 2020
We travelled as a family of three for a Christmas/New Year holiday. Jasmine Palace is north of the city centre, by taxi it takes about 20 minutes to the airport or 10 minutes to the city center. Shwedagon pagoda is in a walking distance. Hotel is newly built one, it has 2 restaurants (Chinese and International), coffee shop, gym, semi-outdoor pool and a pool bar.

Rooms are reasonably large, clean, elegant. Bathroom with toilette looks very nice too. Rooms are equipped with a TV, A/C, safe, fridge, reliable wi-fi and basic hygiene items. We appreciated two types of sockets available in the room: UK/Hong Kong type and EU type. A bottle of water is provided daily per person and minibar items are free. Minibar means a can of coke, Sunkist and an energy drink. Fridge, however, is a weak point as it can only cool down to exactly 15,4°C, so it´s OK for water, wine or most soft drinks, but not for beer or storing temperature sensitive medicine (for medicines the reception fridge is available).

We haven´ t tried the Chinese restaurant but we had a dinner twice at the International restaurant on the 21st floor. The food we had was delicious. Breakfasts are just fine, coffee is so-so. All personnel working at the hotel were really nice and friendly, they definitely made our stay even nicer experience.

I can´ t think of anything negative but as far as I am concerned, I would give two recommendations:

1) beer could be served even colder
2) I noticed that most guests managed to dress decently for breakfast, so I don´ t see a reason why hotel allows other (mostly Chinese and American/Australian English speaking) guests to wear beach flip-flops. Yangon is hot, I don´ t object to shortpants and t-shirts, but does Jasmine Palace really want to become a hotel for a flip-flops clientele? It would be a shame.
Date of stay: January 2020
Room Tip: South-facing rooms have a view of Shwedagon pagoda. North facing rooms have a close view of a...
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
2.6 miles from Jasmine Palace Hotel
    £67
3.1 miles from Jasmine Palace Hotel
Restaurant
View more hotels in Yangon (Rangoon)
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 December 2019

The hotel is managed really well, it's clean and elegant. The location is conveniently on Pyay road. The view from the room is great, some rooms (at least mine) can see the Shwedagon pagoda. The pool and bar on level 5 have great snacks and ambience. But the music could be better. The gym is fully equipped. The wine - Bats Blood from Transylvania is 👍

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

I should say is a good quality hotel. Locating the area where can go to shopping center, restaurant around the hotel. I stayed with my friend on 07th November, just 1 night as we have some party to attend. Wouldn’t say is a reasonable price nor expensive because I book thru travel agency which include breakfast. I got a amazing room facing toward the most popular Shwedagon Pagoda view and could be my first time the room minibar is free too. Secure because without key access cannot go either up or down expect some common floor,I think. For a breakfast they have quiet variety and if you can get the table by the window would be amazing. Sad that I couldn’t able to use swimming pool which on the 5th floor which I heard amazed about the view again. If I have chance I would stay again to use more of their facility such as restaurant, bar and health club.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 4 November 2019 via mobile

I like this hotel, the staff were very friendly and professional, I had an very early check out in the morning, but 1 of the receptionist she was offered to arrange for us an early breakfast before we leave. Very clean, love the bar upstairs, it’s a little bit expensive for a bootle of beer.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Friendly staffs at receptions very welcome
Pool bar & health club staffs are super!
Beautiful indoor pool with panoramic view at 5th floor.
Staffs are trying their best to provide great services.
Highly recommended a place to chill at Yangon!

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 19 September 2019 via mobile

It is a 4 star hotel but with 5 star rating. Everything in this hotel runs well. Cleaned, fresh and good service is a norm here. Room and washroom are very spacious, and all essentials are well supplied, bedding and towels are fresh and cleaned. Breakfast is certainly a differentiator that draw you back again, very wide variety of foods are served to meet diverse needs of travelers. It is really good value for money to stay at this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019