“Good place for short visit in Tbilisi”
Review of Hotel GTM Kapan

and 1 more site!
Hotel GTM Kapan
Ranked #61 of 131 Hotels in Tbilisi
Cesky Tesin
“Good place for short visit in Tbilisi”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Modest but clean, not expensive and good located hotel for short stays in Tblisi. Location is very good close to river Mtkvari and practically oposite church Metekhi. As Tbilisi is not so big city you can mostly walk around all city center. The breakfast was modest but fresh and for short stays I can recomend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sharo72

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Slovak first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have stayed here several times, over several years. The price has gone up and the service and quality of my stay has gone down. If you want an over priced room next to a construction area and noisy city road then stay here. The owner is as rude as they come. In all my travels I have NEVER had an owner try to take advantage of me, here I did. NEVER AGAIN!!!! After having secured a room for yet another stay, I arrived only to find all of the rooms at my rate to be taken. I was offered a suite, but at the much higher suite rate. Totally unacceptable, classic bait and switch, pure scheissdreck! Most rooms are old and smell as old as they look. If you are a smoker, it should not bother you, I am not. The breakfast is terrible at best and gave me diarrhea on more than one occassion. In the past I had traded the negatives for the low price and central location to Old Tbilisi. The only thing this hotel has going for it is a nice balcony with a good view. During my last stay in the high heat of July, the air-conditioner did not work and all of the other rooms were booked. I had to suffer though the night in an uncomfortable bed, unable to sleep due to the high heat. The owner would make no compensation for my stay so I was forced to check out and seek another hotel at the last minute during the peak tourist season. If you enjoy places that are one level up from a Youth Hostel then this is the place for you. If you want to stay in this area in this price range then choose the neighbouring hotel "Kopala". They are just next door and have a better view and one of the better local cuisine restaurants in Tbilisi. The GEO President and dignitaries eat and stay at Kopala regularly. But don't take just my word for it, read the other ratings and reviews on Tripdvisor. If you want a stay with a higher western standard and are willing to pay a higher rate then I would recommend the following in this order: 1. Radiison 2. Marriott Tbilisi on Rustaveli 3. Marriott Court Yard on Freedom Square 4. Holiday Inn. Do your own research before you go, but please do not ruin your visit by taking a chance on the GTM, you will regret it and your stay will not be enjoyable - it will ruin your experience in what is a beautiful old world city and culture. I love Tbilisi just not this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Tbilisi hotels

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 3 August 2012

room quality is very low, breakfast was not as rich as the price of room. minibar is expensive. bathroom was very small and old. although it was shown everywhere, they didn't accept credit card, instead showed us where we can withdraw cash..!? ordinary room costs 90-USD, while 150-USD luxury room has just a bit bigger bathroom.
sleeping quality is also not the best among my previous experiences, due to cobble stone metekhi ascent and on-going renovation works in the neighborhood.
on the other hand, the personal is quite ok, helped us a lot to find restaurant, bar etc.

Room Tip: rooms which are above the restaurant, above the inner court might be less noisy as they are away fro...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
New York City
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My son and I spent several days in this small hotel while on a tour of Georgia in July, 2012. The hotel itself is an area undergoing extensive construction activity, so the streets are dusty. But the place itself is neat and the rooms are clean, of average size and with a mini fridge. The bathrooms are modern, with adequate hot water and water pressure. There are many restaurants within a ten-minute walk of the hotel.
Global New York City

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Very good location of the hotel and great views on Tbilisi but in all the rest the quality is very poor: awful breakfast, outdated rooms and furniture. However, the staff is good.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a travel plan and we were a big group. The rooms are extremely difficult to reach, the staff are the most arrogant hotel staff we have ever met all our lives. Imagine during the middle of our breakfast the lady who is incharge asks us to leave. Should we say more? Even if we are offrered free room we will never stay here

Room Tip: Never Never Never stay here of all the places in Tbilisi
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have stayed in this hotel during March 23-25 and was very satisfied - the hotel is just behind the Metechi church and if you will choose the room with view you could see wonderful part of Tbilisi with it's castle ruins, church, river, bridges and etc. We have been very welcomed at arrival, and three number has been showed to us - we choose the one on the 4th floor (no elevator). Both the room and bath is quite simple but extremely clean, the breakfast is quite good with a choice of cheese, hams, porridge, sausages, boiled eggs, fruit juices, coffee and tea. The metro station Avlabari is very close to hotel - just the upper street and also passing the Metechi bridge you could explore the other side of the river. About 10 minutes by foot you could reach Sameba church - the main in Tbilisi. Really good location and price.

Room Tip: Choose the room 309 for double, or the room 417 for twin - both have a good view, but 417 a little b...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends