“Nice hotel in the old town”
Review of Hotel City

Hotel City
Ranked #32 of 131 Hotels in Tbilisi
Kristiansand, Norway
“Nice hotel in the old town”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

This is a nice little hotel. We stayed here altogether 7 nights in July 2013 and it was an excellent choice. The location is very good, situated in the old town and close to the Freedom square. The room was very clean, the beds very good, the shower with a lot of water and good pressure. The breakfast had a lot of choices and was ok. Well, the orange juice could have been better. The staff was very helpful and service minded, also when we arrived very late at night. We enjoyed staying at the roof terrace, which has a lovely view. There is a nice bar close to the hotel, on the corner to the bigger street.
Hotel City is a good choice if you like a small hotel with a perfect location :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Svala

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel when I was on a business trip in Tbilisi. I was on crutches so I was a high maintenance guest, but the staff were always courteous, friendly and helpful. They constantly went out of their way to ensure I was looked after. The panorama room was clean, quiet, modern, and had a nice view. The Internet was very fast, and free. The location of the hotel was very central and close to all major tourist attractions (even though I saw none, due to broken leg). I would definitely recommend this hotel. And again, I can not thank the staff enough for all their kind help throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Panorama rooms offer great views, but may be a little small for a couple.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Salar S
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I read the reviews before I went about poor breakfast and checkout hassels - Company booked so i had no choice about where to stay and I found it all fine.

I arrived and left in the small hours of the night and they had staff on hand to help, It was clean, the breakfast ample and I settled without hassel by credit card.

It is 30 second walk from the nearest 3 bars/ resaurants and less that 5 mins for loads more. Its 2 mins from Freedom Sq and only a few mins from the river and the casino (if that is your thing)

I'm due to go back several times - I shall stay in the same hotel and not bother looking for a different hotel

Room Tip: I was at the back - quiet but teh tsreet s so narrow it would be hard for much traffic and non quick...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We were at this hotel for 3 nights.I though that is better than it. fortunately its not 4 star hotel.Its very small but clean.It didn't have any free bottle of water,plate,spoon and any other.
we have a baby and want to warmth his food but they said we cant did it!!
The matters was terrible, they took 2 matters overally because the first matters was ruined.
I think its very expensive for their service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
iran
Reviewed 18 May 2013

hotel is cozy and nice with friendly staff. the location is wonderful near the freedom square and old Tbilisi. the rooms are very clean and comfortable. I recommend it if you want to be in the heart of Tbilisi and have a great journy

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Very nice hotel with very friendly staff! Location is absolutely perfect - at the heart of Old City. Our room (panoramic suite on the fourth floor) was very comfortable, cosy, clean and the view of lighted Tbilisi which we saw every evening was simply amazing.
Breakfast was absolutely sufficient, every day we had different selection of hot food additionaly to usual buffet. Woman who took care about breakfast was always making fresh coffee for us even if we were coming a bit later.
Special thank you to all receptionists - they were very sociable and were helping to us on numerous occasions. They have organised for us perfect tour to Cahetia with very professional guide George.
Definitely we would recommend this hotel to our friends and we would stay there again with big pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Inna_Tony
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stayed in City Hotel on a short vacation to Georgia. The location is perfect, right in the center of the city. Rooms are comfortable and very clean. Staff are freindly and efficient. I highly recommend this hotel to any one looking for good place to stay in Tbilisi.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple