“Fill a lobby with a sigarette smoke”
Review of Hotel City

Hotel City
Ranked #36 of 137 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Nice location in the old city center with a view to the catholic chirch. But lobby was filled with a sigarette smoke and small of sewer in the bathroom. Breakfast is in the basement. I had a room with a king size bed but only single size blanket. But staff is very friendly. I think that price for this hotel is overstated.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank vtaran

Reviewed 6 January 2014

boring cold breakfast, smelly toilet and irresponsible staff, at night we asked the reception to arrange a cab to be there at 4:00 am as we had to go to airport, when at 4:00am we went there, no cab!The reception lady haven't called a taxi cause she thought she should charge us for the minibar (4GL!!!) first and then call the taxi, 4 am is not a great time to see if a taxi can come or not lady! luckily we found another cab but we were about to miss the flight. The rest are just like a very normal hotel, but Good Location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Good hotel, good service, bit expensive, good location.

In the first day of year 2014, went down to restaurant to have breakfast at 11:00 AM. No way, service closed at 10:30. I said it was new year last night and breakfast should extended to 12:00 at least as everybody slept late. Receptionist replied me: "we have rukes" :)

Bathroom was nice so the hot water, especially in cold Tbilisi night...

Room Tip: all rooms good. Some larger (like room #9)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Very helpful staff. We enjoyed the breakfast. Our room was a bit wedge-shaped and so narrow that only one person could squeeze between the bed and the desk. Otherwise we liked staying here. Comfortable bed. Bathroom on the small side but not objectionable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank aubri9
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I stayed 4 nights in the Hotel City whilst exploring Tbilisi and the surrounding area.

My flight got in very early in the morning but the hotel were happy to store my luggage until later in the afternoon when I could check in. Check in was quick and easy and there is a doorman on hand to help you with your luggage if required.

The room was quite big although the bathroom was a little on the small size. A good sized double bed with comfortable pillows and and quilt allowed me to have some very comfortable nights sleep during my stay. The rooms are equipped with flat screen TV and minibar but lacked tea/coffee making facilities and room safe which are pretty much standard in most hotels these days. My room was bright although this was down to the lighting rather than the small windows which had no view to speak of. That said, this didn't bother me as I spent very little time in the room with the delights of Tbilisi calling me. The only slight gripe I had about the hotel was the standard of soundproofing with the rooms. A screaming baby kept me awake (and woke me early) on night and corridor conversations easily drifted into the room.

The staff were friendly and helpful and mainly spoke pretty good English which made communication easy.

One previous occupant moaned about Hotel City being a smokers hotel - I don't know where they got this from. I didn't see anyone smoking in the hotel during my stay and didn't smell the unmistakable stench of cigarette smoke either so I certainly would let this put anyone off.

The breakfast was fine (despite others moans). Whilst reasonably basic it had both cooked and continental options and the food was tasty and well presented; the porridge was especially nice!

I would happily return to Hotel City should I be visiting Tbilisi again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank AngusDiver
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in this small hotel. It is 50 mt. to Freedom Square. Great location to Old City, Rustaveli and all touristic places. The rooms do not have any view, the service and the breakfast could be better. The terrace is very good. If you find good price you can stay but above 100$ is not feasible.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Topragin
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Last year I've spotted only two minor issues with this otherwise extremely nice hotel - one of them is hard to undo, the rooms, while very nice and cozy, are on a smaller side, unfortunately, and especially small are the bathrooms. The second was that the advertised rooftop terrace was not functioning, and hurray, this one is solved, nice terrace with great views on the beautiful old Tbilisi and further on, is there, all yours. To me, this is enough to make it an excellent place from a very good one, as I have graded it last year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends