Anata hotel
US$1,553
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewswelcoming hostsbudget roombus stopthis family run hotelhotel ownerwifi connectionminute walkold townplace to staymayaairporttaxismetrocitytoothpaste
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The small family owned hotel located a little far away from Tbilisi center, but taxi costs compensate the location (5-10 lari). The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. Generally great hospitality and even more as they arrange in the night transfer to hospital and help there in communication. The breakfast is very good, we asked them for typical Georgian cousin and we have a chance to taste delicious food whole our stay. In the evening we get for free perfect home wine made by owners, you can also buy this wine to enjoy the taste at home. They arrange for us collection from the airport at good price (20 lari) and early checking (5.00 am) for free. RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MichalK74
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The positives of this hotel are that it's very clean, comfortable and functional. It's a small hotel with only 6 rooms, therefore the owner/manager is on site all the time and extremely helpful. During a short stay I was given help with things like taxis, recommendations for eating and prices. I even got a half bottle of delicious home made wine to try. I paid around $38 per night which represents excellent value for money.

There are no specific negatives however the location is not close to the centre and the immediate area surrounding the hotel is pretty rundown. However, it takes around 10-15 minutes in a taxi to get to the centre which should cost only 5 lari.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I booked a room at the Hotel Anata for three nights. But I enjoyed the hotel so much I returned to it four more times, each time I returned to Tbilisi after trips out of town. It felt like home! Each room I stayed in was beautifully decorated and very comfortable, with flat screen satellite television with a large selection of channels including several English language channels. The breakfast each day was delicious and served by very nice people. I enjoyed chatting with other guests from around the world. The manager, Maya, was really friendly and helpful with all of my special requests. There is a bus stop one minute away with quick service to the city center and the Isani metro station is about a 12 minute walk. The buses are very easy to use. I also used taxis a few times at night and paid only about $3.50 from the city center. There is a small convenience store just steps away. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nice. One room I stayed in was a very large two room suite, room 7. But all of the rooms were well sized and decorated.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Victor B
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I, my husband and a friend booked 2 separate rooms with this hotel where we stayed for 4 nights. Anata Hotel is a small family-run hotel, which consists of 6 rooms (if I am not mistaken). The hotel has a home-like feel and touch.The rooms were cleaned everyday and the towels in the bathroom were replaced daily. The bathroom is nice but it could have been nicer if it is equipped with bidet. The owner, Maya, was very helpful, friendly and speaks english fairly well. She has helped us a lot in communicating with bus and taxi drivers :) She has also gladly accommodated all our requests.

Breakfast was included in our rate and we were served traditional Georgian food in the morning in addition to the basic bread, butter and coffee :) I especially liked the shredded carrots wrapped in thin fried eggplant slices(I don't know what it's called).

We also booked a 2 day trip to some other areas in Georgia, (Mtskheta, Signagi etc.) with this hotel and we were not disappointed. Their rates for day trips are much more competitive than others. We were provided with a very good driver named Nero. Nero doesn't speak english but has been very accommodating as well and tried his best to somehow communicate with us. I recommend booking a trip with them; it is more economical and hassle free although, do not expect to use a new car, but then again, 98% of the vehicles we've seen in Georgia are pretty old so I am guessing it's the norm there :)

If you are on a budget, and needs a good, decent place to stay, this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Apol1219
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Maya has been very accommodating. She made sure we get the best stay.. the hotel changes the towels everyday, they clean the room everyday too which was really very good to me. I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends