“Love it”
Review of Cafe78 Tbilisi - CLOSED

Cafe78 Tbilisi
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Nice and cozy ambiance, with fresh seasonal food and drinks. We specieliaze in our own blends of herbal teas and alcoholic and non alchoholic cocktails. Variety of esppresso drinks.We also have an art giftshop.
“Love it”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I visit this cafe often. The atmosphere that the owners have created is wonderful, homey and comfy. They've got very tasty coffee and tea, indeed worth trying, the menu has a whole variety, it was hard for me to choose. I'm glad Tbilisi has a place like this to spend time..

2 Thank ninia t

Tbilisi, Georgia
“Interesting, the ambience and the intimacy is something else”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Well it took me a while to find this place because it's on the farthest street from Liberty square, and to be honest I felt kind of doubtful about going in because the street was so deserted, so you'd think the place would not be very good, imagine my surprise when I entered. The place is so clean and classy, I guess that's the only way to describe it. Oh I've never tried Persian food and I loved what I tried there so far, made me re-think my everyday food choices. Their sweets are just awesome, oddly enough with me being on a diet, I was dreading I'd gain weight from them - no such thing! I have no idea what they put in those sweets, but they taste amazing and I didn't gain a pound! Now the red wine was something else too!
I loved the service, the waiter was so humble and was always smiling, that's a rare occurrence in Georgia, if you guys know what I mean. It actually felt like he enjoyed what he was doing!
I asked him about their cutlery and he said it was all hand made from Iran (those plates are just unique, I loved the design!). It is so cozy, intimate even. I was very pleasantly surprised.
It is definitely worth a try and money, especially if you want to run away from the noise and drunk people.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful relaxation place”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I really like the place. It's good for relaxation. The music and the atmosphere were just superb! I wanted to read or write but I couldn't come up with a single tangible though, not because it was noisy, but because the music was just the right type and just the right volume (very on the background), it was so relaxing I couldn't for the love of me do anything BUT relax. Wonderful wine, great latte, the food was very interesting, unlike anything I tried before. The place itself is so sweet, they have this little talisman goldfish swimming around in it's small bowl right on the bar counter. It's sweet is the only way I can put it. The street is not noisy at all and I consider it a plus as the windows go out right ON the street so if it was noisy I probably wouldn't be able to stay there or too long. But here time just slipped away from me. The have this one particular room in the back, with beds instead of chairs, it is really cozy an just plain neat! Great for romantic encounters I guess (not that I had any there, but hey, others might find it helpful).
The plates from what I noticed are very stylish. Overall I love the place. This is a second best spot that I have uncovered in the city to go to when I need to relax or simply be alone.