“Home away from home! <3”

Hotel British House
Ranked #4 of 116 Hotels in Tbilisi
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Home away from home! <3”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Yes, it is a home away from home! The hotel is located in the city, 30-40mins drive from the airport and 10-15 minutes walk to the famous Rustaveli avenue. İ have stayed here during the EİD holidays in July, honestly İ just randomly picked a country where İ can have a refreshing vacation and thanks to this hotel as it made me feel very welcome all throughout my stay. They will make you feel as real family and yes they also think about your welfare and all. Best hotel İ have ever stayed in! İ chose to stay here with the help of this TripAdvisor and with the excellent feedback from the other guests who already experienced it and İ guess İ made the right choice. :)

The owner Mr. Shoty who always offer you something to drink like juice or tea as well as their Receptionist (Eka) who has been very friendly & helpful since the beginning when İ was just inquiring about the hotel and till İ arrived. İ have stayed for 4 days and 3 nights and they gave me the best room with balcony, very cozy room, big enough as well as the bathroom, comfortable bed and they fix my room everyday and refill amenities and change towels. The room is on the top floor using stairs, advantage for me because İ didn't mind going up and down as its an exercise too. This room cost me 70Euro per night including a free-wifi everywhere in the hotel and free BİG breakfast, depends on which time you want to have your breakfast. İ'm also very grateful to them as on my last day they allowed me to check-out late because my flight is in the night. İ asked for pick up and drop off for 20Euro per way.

They also have their Receptionist Levani, who is also the Tour Guide & Driver for hire (excellent one) if you would like too. İ tried it and for 2 days he drove me around the far but very beautiful places and temples in Georgia. İ have seen the most beautiful landscapes and greenery, the more İ fell in love with the country. :) These 2 days trip cost me 290USD and it is worth it.

Definitely, İ will stay here again and again if İ decided to come back to Georgia! :)

Room Tip: Room with a balcony is always the best part as you get to sit there to get some fresh air after a wh...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Guzeller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Hebrew first
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nothing was too much trouble for the family owners and staff that run this hotel, even happy to organise the return to Uk of treasures we had left in the room. Our group had three rooms in the hotel. All were comfortable, clean, well furnished. The hallways and rear courtyard was crammed with plants and grape vines. A good night's sleep was easy in the large, cozy beds. Breakfast plentiful and sets you up well for the day. Water cooler in hallway which was particularly welcome very after the interesting walk up to the hotel in the recent high summer temperatures, as was the air conditioning in bedrooms and dining area. We discovered (thankfully) that the hotel has a generator. One night at around 10pm There was elec failure across the city. Unusual these days, the first in eight years. Power was restored in a few short hours. I was happy to call British House my home for the six day stay in this fascinating city.

Room Tip: We had the suite which was a large room, a smaller adjoining area that leads to bathroom. Plenty of...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cymorth
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My partner, my son and I together with two friends came to Tbilisi for my eldest son's wedding. After a fair amount of research on TripAdvisor and elsewhere we opted to stay at the Hotel British House.
We did not regret our choice for a single second and can only agree with the overwhelmingly positive views expressed in other reviews.
Our rooms were very large, comfortably furnished and with beds guaranteed to give you a good night's sleep. Everything was scrupulously clean. Staying at one of the hottest times of the year we were grateful for an effective air-con unit.
Breakfast is large and varied. Exercise restraint or you will put on pounds!
This is not your average hotel -- thank goodness. It is small, quiet and beautifully done out.
The staff are outstanding. They are friendly, helpful at every turn and genuinely care about you and your welfare. There are few places I can think of where, on your return after a good evening out, the owner will chat and offer you fruit and juice on the house. Even more impressive was the fact that the staff made a link between our being there for a wedding and a piece on local tv about my son and his now wife. They not only drew this to our attention, but dug out the URL where we could access it on the equivalent of iPlayer. Wow!
The hotel is located on a side street off one of the main drags in town within a gentle stroll of most of the central amenities. The only down side is that this street is pretty steep providing a few minutes wholesome cardiovascular exercise after a visit to the city's fleshpots.
Tbilisi is a fantastic city to visit and this is one of -- if not the best hotel to stay at whilst you are there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris G
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were received at airport by an efficient driver who took us to the hotel at a reasonable price.
At the hotel we were given welcome-tea in the cozy breakfast area.
We stayed in two different rooms, one great cozy double room where the bathroom was at a different level and the room was really big. I think it was room number 5.
Then we moved to room 8 which was a big suite at the corner with a balcony. Really nice room this one as well. The bathroom in 5 was bigger and cooler, but otherwise the bigger room wins. Both rooms were large and with all one needs from a hotel room (and more).
Breakfast was great every day. Well above expectations and with possibilities for individual adjustments.
Good, working WiFi internet.
Good TV with many channels.
Only thing not perfect is that the hotel is a 5 minute walk from the main road up a steep hill that perhaps not suits all.
I can strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ragnar_76
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am so glad I stayed at the Hotel British House during my week in Tbilisi. I was in Tbilisi as a tourist and to visit my nephew who was there for the summer. I hadn't traveled in a while and was a bit nervous about coming to a place as unfamiliar (to me) as Tbilisi. I did not want to stay in guesthouse yet I didn't want a homogenized American hotel experience either. The Hotel British House met my needs perfectly.

It is a small 8-room hotel run by the most lovely Georgian staff. They were so welcoming and accomodating. My flight got in at 4am. The hotel driver was there to greet me. I was hungry when I arrived and Irakli, the night manager, served me warm kachapuri and orange juice. I had no problem falling asleep in the comfy bed.

My room was large and very comfortable with a powerful A.C. (it was very hot when I was there). The bathroom was nice and clean with good water pressure and perfect lighting for applying make-up!

They serve a huge breakfast at the time that works for you. The cucumber and tomato salad (ubiquitous in Georgia) was one of the best I tasted during my visit.

The hotel is also in a great location. Walkable to many things and very close to a metro stop. I can't recommend Hotel British House enough. It certainly made my trip to Tbilisi even more special.

Just two points of information: 1) If you are very tall person, ask for a bed with out a footboard. I am tall (5'9") and my feet touched the footboard. 2) You can pay your bill in cash and they will offer you a discount if you do. Unfortunately, I did not know this until my last day and wasn't able to get out enough cash to pay the bill. Plan accordingly if you would like to pay in cash.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Elizabeth M
usa
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We and our family again decided to stay in the Hotel British House during our second visit to Tbilisi, Georgia. We had a wonderful experience during our stay there. Our room was spacious, extremely clean, and the beds were very comfortable. Every morning we were served a delicious breakfast. The hotel itself is very charming, with an elegant interior. The location of the hotel is perfect, close to everything. The staff of the hotel was extremely nice and helpful. This hotel definitely deserves the #1 spot on trip advisor! We would highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank UsaMr11
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel makes you feel at home, the staff is very helpful and friendly. It is a small hotel, with only eight rooms. Our room was large and had everything we needed during our stay. A small balcony, sitting groups in two rooms, a fridge and so on. It is about 35 min walk from old Tbilisi, or you can take a taxi for about 1,5 Euro (make a deal before you drive, the fare should be around 3 GEL- we paid 5 because we think that is a minium of what they need to make a living). The Hotel also provide tours, we had to daytrips with the guide Levan to various sites. The first daytrip to Mtskheta, Javri chuch, the anciant cave city Uplistshike and Anteni Sioni will be a fantastic memory for life. The second trip to the Kakheti region was also nice, but was not as good as the previous. Levan was an excellent guide, and did his best to keep us safe on the crazy roads. We are very happy for choosing this hotel, the only downside is that the bed was a bit to hard for sidelayers, if you sleep on the back you will have no probles getting a good nights sleep. It is possible to find cheaper hotels, but I would not look for anything else for our next stay in Tbilisi.

Room Tip: We had a suite, but I believe that all roms are comfortable and quiet in this neighborhood.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple