Hotel Kopala
US$1,553
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsannex buildingold townalternative optionsnice hotellit up at nightmetekhi churchexcellent locationcable carrecommend this hotelpleasant stayplace to staywalking distancerooms are cleancityterracegeorgiaproximity
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed at this place for 4 nights on business and it is quite typical of the hotels I come across in the old eastern bloc countries.
The first night someone thought it was a good idea to dig up the courtyard and mend (by much hammering) the underground water pipe. I also asked for Coca Cola Light and told they had none - I later found that Coca Cola zero was readily available,
The second night I asked for chips - the waiter did not say he did not know what they were, I just didn't get them with the meal I had ordered. "French Fries" he apparently understood and these came after quite another wait, presumably being cooked?
The Third night I went out with my hosts, however on the 4th night I waited over 1 hour for my food order to arrive. I have already told my hosts NOT to book this Hotel ever again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hotel Kopala-highly recommend for location, ease of check in/out, great shower and lovely balcony with view. Sergey at Reception was very kind and friendly. He ensured a smooth check in. Young lady at checkout also very nice and mailed a postcard for me (thank you!). Interesting building with beautiful views from restaurant. Only one slight negative: you need to provide wash cloths and one extra hand towel, but not a big deal. Toiletries very nice but bottles were not sealed, again not a problem as it is good to recycle.

Room Tip: Ask for deluxe room with city/river view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SilverFox9999
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Experience Hotel Kopala in Old Town of Tbilisi, capital of Georgia (just for the US readers: it is NOT YOUR Georgia, meaning "sweet Georgia in my mind", although this one in Caucasus Range is at least as sweet as yours one!)
During your stay over there, need to spend one evening on the top restaurant and one morning too, view to the old town is unforgettable and unique. It is worth a bag of money you will pay for stay and for nice rich dinner with couple of bottles of great Georgian wine....
To be serious at the end, experience of Georgia and its beauty will last loooong time, need to try. And Hotel Kopala is excellent choice, at least one dinner on the top floor restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Racacar
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Great location, breathtaking city views, great terrace for morning or afternoon coffee, friendly staff and much more! Breakfast included - pretty decent with a very friendly hostess. Ask to stay in the "old" building for the views though...we vacationed with three other couples and each one of our rooms was very different. So, if you don't like yours ask to see another. Staff was pretty helpful. Will definitely stay here upon return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie A
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights on 2 occasions - total 4 nights - and got the same room 324 which had a balcony looking out on broken down buildings and the river below. Room and bathroom were fine, and the room cleaned daily.
There is a lift up to the third floor - handy for luggage.
Breakfast had real coffee, not instant, but the croissant was of the doughy variety - there were eggs and frankfurters some days, with bread, cereal, cheeses, jam, tomato, cucumber and yoghurt.
In the main hotel just down the road the view from the rooftop restaurant is excellent, and so was the food and wine - you can also just go for a drink there to see the view.
Location just up from the river and easy walking all around, also for the sulphur baths.
It was quite hot while I was there, but there is air conditioning, which you can turn down to silent, as it was quite noisy.
I paid €60 for the room which had 2 beds. Perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends