Hotel Kopala
US$184
US$151
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Mia Guesthouse Tbilisi(Tbilisi)(Great Value!)
US$51
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsannex buildingold townalternative optionsnice hotellit up at nightmetekhi churchexcellent locationcable carrecommend this hotelpleasant stayplace to staywalking distancerooms are cleancityterracegeorgiaproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2014

There are several of the Hotel Kopalas. The address above is the one we were in. There is another one down by the bridge we went to originally, but it turned out we were up here. Because of my wife's legs we needed an elevator so switched to the hotel across from the pictured hotel above. It had an elevator. There is an elevator in the main building but it only goes to breakfast (floor 3) and dinner (floor 4). The rooms in the main hotel are either up or down stairs from reception (floor 2)--no elevator to those rooms. Confused yet? Our king room in 202 was spotless with a little anteroom with desk and private balcony with partial city view. More 220V plugs in this room than I have ever seen anywhere--Europe, Russia, Uzbekistan, Myanmar--you name it. This room has plugs! Great bed--Hans Grohe German fixtures in the bathroom--air conditioning. The season is just starting over here but the hotel was very quiet. A disclaimer--I always use a Marsona sound machine when I travel, so maybe there was noise I didn't hear. Breakfast was good--eggs of several kinds, the ubiquitous American hot dogs called sausages, good coffee, Georgian yoghurt, rice for the Asians, even some fruit. The service at dinner in the 4th floor restaurant was slow and officious with a stern, crumpy Mother Superior guarding everything. We only went to dinner there once. Food was good however.

Room Tip: The city view rooms in the main hotel would have a great view if you want to walk up. If you can't, like my wife, you can get a partial view in the building with the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garlec
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel several times. It's location is great and location and views are biggests features of this hotel.
Rooms are rather small, cleanliness can be better, breakfast is basic. But views from the room are great, just chose a room with view. The proce will be a bit higher for rooms with view on the old city but it worth it!
Also rememebr that it is rather cold in winter in the hotel and room heaters can't improve teh situation. Also there are no elevators in the "old" building so be prepared to tackle your luggage by stairs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank nicu
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I spent 2 nights at Kopala in February in a single room in the original building, but in the semi-darkened basement. My room had a limited view but the bed was comfortable. Bathrobe and slippers, decent bathroom. The breakfast was average, though served in a lovely small dining room with a great view of the city. I also had a tasty lunch in the top floor dining room which offers another spectacular view, though service was average. My overall impression, as a very experienced global traveler, was that while the proximity to the Old City was marvelous, just a walk across the bridge, I felt the hotel was average. Our group rate was very reasonable, but I don't think I would stay there again, despite the excellent location. I have stayed at Betsy's Hotel many times in previous years. It is a bit more expensive and not as convenient, but all facilities and services are outstanding! On my next trip, I will stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Suzie C
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Kopala is a really nice place to stay in. We chose it to spend several days during our being in Tbilisi just by chance but we definitely enjoyed staying there. Kopala is located in the heart of the old city. The location is the best - you can reach almost all significant places of the city on foot. Metekhi Church, Narikala Fortress, Sameba, Meidani, the Bridge of Peace, Rezo Gabriadze Theater, Freedom Square, Rustaveli Avenyu and many others. The room was quiet and comfortable. The breakfast were wonderful especially because of the great view from the terrase of Kopala restaurant (they cook Georgian cuisine perfectly - especially Pelamushi). The staff was kind and attentive. Sergey (the receptionist) was so friendly and carefull to us that we will surely come back to Kopala next time we will visit Tbilisi. The combination of price and quality is one of the best.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mari T
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had great parking, a great room, and wonderful breakfast! The view from our room and breakfast was beautiful! (ask for the original building)!! The dinner menu was cheap and extensive with great panoramic view! We recommended it to several friends!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple