Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mavai

DIY Hotel!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Oct 2023
The hotel is comfortable but room amenities very limited. Just 2 sachets each of coffee and tea in 24 hours, no creamer or sweetener in a double room accommodating two. We once asked for sugar and were told by housekeeping to pick it up from the reception!
Date of stay: September 2023
Room Tip: If you can keep expectations down about room service and limited understanding of English, the...
Trip type: Travelled with family
    £44
    £45
4.5 miles from Amanti Hotel Seoul
View more hotels in Seoul
All reviews hongdae area few minutes walk location station cleaning
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 October 2023

The hotel itself is nice, standard rooms rather small, but good beds. Unfortunately the pool couldn't be used (whilst the weather was still ok in Soeul end of Sep/beginning of Oct). We stayed there 2 nights but could not enjoy the breakfast buffet as it was simply not available. The location is ok, 10min walk to the closest metro station, 15min walk from the action in Hongdae. The first night there was quite some noise in the corridor, but after asking the youngsters to be quiet, we could get back to sleep. The main reason why I am rating this hotel so low, is because they charged me 10.000Won because I lost the room key. The room key is just a card.... I cannot imagine it costs so much. So really feel ripped off. They simply took it out of my credit card, never signed anything to confirm. We travel a lot, really a lot and yes, it happened twice before that we lost our room key/card. We have NEVER been charged for that. Next to that, they also never told us at check in that there was a deposit or penalty if we lost the card. I really can't understand that a hotel, claiming being 4 stars, even dares to ask 10000won for a card to their customers, it’s not about the money, but the fact on how they treat customers. I feel ripped off and disrespected.

Date of stay: October 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2023

The hotel is nice & clean but the location is abit far to station & main road (Hongdea shopping street). The hotel mention have foreign exchange services but the staff is lack of experience for the service.

Room tip: Luxury hotel without the services
Date of stay: October 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2023 via mobile

Overall a good stay.

Slightly disappointed they could not arrange a half hour early check in for us (I did ask days in advance but didn't get a reply until halfway through our stay). So we had to sit around and wait for a while.

Apart from that we were very happy with our stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the location was great. Just a few minutes walk from the area of Hongdae where you will find all the bars, restaurants and also the subway line.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jlamont91
Reviewed 20 December 2022

I have no complaints about the service standards. However, as mentioned in the title, the interior and furnishing of the room leaves a lot to be desired. Amanti was designated as a four-star hotel but the rooms are akin to what you used to seeing at budget hotels. It was odd, considering that the lobby and hotel corridors were tastefully decorated. I did not mind the drab room at first but given that i stayed for over a week, it gradually wore on me.

Housekeeping does a good job of cleaning the room. Location is pretty decent too, about 5-10 mins walk from the main Hongdae area.

Date of stay: December 2022
Reviewed 27 February 2020

We reserved 2 nights originally, however for the first night we found something unusual in the room and the electronic system will be suddenly off and then on automatically, so we called to front desk and ask for assistance, we appreciated their efficiency to send one staff to check , however they lied and stated no room available to room move at that moment even he confirmed the room had problem(coz we found there are at least 70% of vacant room in the next morning on the same floor)
Second thing is I booked through agoda, however as my flight suddenly been cancelled and we need to fly back to our country immediately, I informed the hotel and they did nothing for us even they knew that we were in a hurry, just telling me to contact Agoda(I am staying at YOUR HOTEL not a Agoda hotel)I understand that I need to contact Agoda to amend the booking, but we think the hotel is not caring their guest and not understanding the guest to cancel the second night for us as an exceptional case, we won’t stay at this hotel again, never!

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Bkdk1107_110
AmantiHotelSeoul, 프론트 매니저 at Amanti Hotel Seoul, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Dear Bkdk1107_1107

Thanks you for taking a time to share your current stay with us. My apologies if we did not meet your expectations of your stay. I understand your feedback and uncomfortable some issues.

I have checked with reservation manager and will discuss this issue again.

Once again my apologies and thank you for your feedback,

Best regards