Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
irha
Munich, Germany

Not the real tea guesthouse ?

Review of Tea GuestHouse
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Sept 2012
At our arrival, we got really confused as the guesthouse is at a different location than indicated in the Internet, in Lonely Planet etc. so we thought we had been conned. However they probably have only moved. This means however that some of the picture are not showing the actual place but probably the previous location.
All in all, the guesthouse is ok but very basic and the way the house has been refurbished is by far not as nice as it looks on some of the pictures.
Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
£88
  • Priceline
    £57
8.3 miles from Tea GuestHouse
View more hotels in Seoul
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We booked a room in the annex (bambu) - not the main guesthouse. First, it was really hard to find. Fortunately, a nice old man in the neighborhood helped us. We got to see a lot of the area and the location is great.

After reading reviews about windowless rooms, I booked a specific room with a window, and confirmed it with the owner. When we arrived we were put in another room that was musty because it did not have a window. Our allergies could not take it. The college kid who let us in had no idea what to do when I told him that it was not the room I booked. He also left shortly after that. Since there was no one working at the inn, we sent an email to the owner and left.

The reason for two stars instead of one is that she did not try to get any money out of us and let us walk away. That was decent, but giving our room to someone else was not.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank raku
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I stayed at the Tea Guesthouse for 6 nights and really enjoyed my experience there. It is basic but it's what made the experience even more fun. The staff were very helpful and courteous. I did worry about not being able to stay there based on previous reviews with arriving late at night but had no issue whatsoever. The home is well kept and you simply cannot beat the location. Located in the Bukchon Hanok Village, it's about as traditional you'll get. It's a hanok so you can hear the comings and goings of the guest and while the rooms are basic, everything is very clean. I really enjoyed my time there and would highly recommend it to others.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sue Y
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I've been trying to make a reservation with tea house for a week now. I live in US, so I had to communicate by e mails. They responded to my first e mail after 4 days, after three e mails. They said they couldn't read my e mail for some reason and to write again. So I did, in Korean and english. I didn't hear anything back from them after that. I e mailed them now about 7-8 times, and I am giving up now.
Horrible customer service! Can't imagine staying there...

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I was compleytely satisfied with their services and facilities. Breakfast was so delicious, especially Korean food was so nice and even they bring the food to my room. Everything is clean and beautiful. I love the garden of teaguesthouse. the flowers and trees made me calm and peace. I miss Teaguesthouse so much! :)

Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Accommodation in Seoul is not cheap. So you pay for what you get. In terms of location, this place is great. It's walking distance to Insadong, Changdeokgung Palace, Gyeongbokgung Palace, subway station and eateries. Getting to places like Myeongdong only costs US $5 via taxi.

Getting to this place after being dropped off by the airport bus is tricky. So I'd highly recommend you to load the video instructions provided by Tea Guesthouse onto your phone/iPad if possible.

Staff was friendly and accommodating.

The room was ok, but the shower was less than desirable. You get your towels changed daily but it would have been great if they also serviced the room daily. I can't recall if anything was stated in their website, but our room wasn't cleaned for the 4 nights we were there. So by the end of it, it felt kinda dusty.

If you're in Seoul for a short trip, want to be located at the centre of most attractions / a place which is easily accessible, don't want to spend a fortune on accommodation, won't be spending too much time in the room and don't mind sleeping on futon, this is a good option.

Date of stay: April 2012