“Breakfast At Home”

Neighbourhood: Myeongdong / Namdaemun
Singapore, Singapore
“Breakfast At Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Breakfast at home. That's how I felt when we had breakfast at Migabon. Felt as if I never left home or the hotel for that matter. I believe those who served us were the owners of the restaurant as the service was very personable and quick too.

We ordered 3 sets of porridge meals - pumpkin, abalone, shrimp. And I would recommend, the pumpkin porridge very much. The dish fits just right with the restaurant's atmosphere and quality of service.

For a second there, I missed my mom. Left the restaurant satisfied and with much love in my heart. I'll recommend breakfast at Migabon on a Monday to wipe all those Monday blues away! Seriously!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank johnalim

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Sweet warm pumpkin porridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I watched a Korean documentary that mentioned Pumpkin Porridge, so I tried it as soon as I could in Seoul. Can’t tell if it would be the same if I try it in spring or summer, but in winter, it’s a sweet warm treat. Tasted delicious. The staff was very friendly, so somewhat it even warmer.

Visited December 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Abalone and Pumpkin Porridge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff and cozy environment. I tried the abalone porridge which is savoury. For those with a swet tooth, try pumpkin porridge.

Singapore
“I can eat this for breakfast everyday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I tried Korean porridge and I am loving it. Personally I like porridge that is not too mushy. I could still taste the grains of rice when eaten. I had ordered the ginseng chicken and my hubby ordered the abalone porridge. Both tasted wonderful to me. The porridge was served with some side dishes. I was not sure how it was supposed to be eaten , so I just mixed them together with the porridge .. Just like the way I eat back home. Yummy yummy yummy. The best porridge that I had eaten so far!

I had tried searching for Korean porridge recipe online when I came back home.. But none looked like the one I ate in this shop.

I had entered Myeong dong from the front. There will be a building
where you see Zara, H&M.. then you will see a police post on your right side.. Continue to walk up the slope until you see Citibank. You should be able to see the shop on the right side of the street.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank kerand
Calgary
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

If you feel like some Korean congee, give this place a try. This place is excellent. Staff was very friendly and a waiter who spoke English was sent over to take our order. I was asked if I wanted a larger serving (free of charge) - fantastic! The food itself was excellent and comes with several Korean side dishes. The food tasted great and was filing; much more substantial than congee I've had back home or any I had in Hong Kong. My wife also had some iced omija tea which was presented very nicely and tasted just as good.

• Visited June 2013