“Easy to move everywhere!”

Lotte City Hotel Mapo
Ranked #71 of 552 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I booked here from expedia.
Price was not that much cheaper than I thought, but it was great stay.
This hotel is right on the top of gongduk station and 4 different lines are connected. That is awesome!
It makes you easy to move to many attractions in Seoul like myeongdong, hongdae, insadong, n tower.
The hotel also has good condition rooms and many restaurants in the basement. Lotte supermarket is very convenience as well.
This hotel is perfect to travelers.
Overall an excellent hotel.
I will definitely come here again!

(Staffs speak English well!)

1  Thank commmm
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for your stay at our Lotte City Hotel Mapo and for your detailed review.
We are very delighted to know that the rooms and facility were convenient for you during your stay. Our staffs are always doing their best to be helpful to all guests.
We hope to see you soon next time.

LOTTE CITY HOTEL MAPO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,181)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was incredibly great. If you are looking for a hotel for your first of two stays in Korea I highly recommend this Hotel. My wife and I combined our anniversary and Christmas presents to make this trip fun and this hotel did not let us down. The staff was superior! Their American English translator was excellent at the front desk. Their breakfast is the best buffet I have ever seen in a hotel. Other perks, there is a supermarket in a basement floor, easy access to the subway (this is important for sight seeing), and within walking distance to many sights. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ivan W

Thank you for your stay at our Lotte City Hotel Mapo.
We are very delighted that you had a wonderful experience at our hotel.
We hope that your stay at our hotel made your anniversary and Christmas more memorable.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I`ve stayed here for a couple of days and was impressed by the location and service of the hotel. There are many convenient ways to go to the incheon airport. I took the 6015 to come to the hotel. this one was cheaper than the kal limo. it took approximately one hour and it stops right in front of the hotel. Also, the subway was connected to the basement of the hotel building and it had many lines that went through the center and other hot places.
Other than this there was many more. The staffs were very thoughtful. They cared about us throughout our whole stay.
One of the things i liked the most was the swimming pool on the 4th floor. The temperature was just right and it was quiet as if it was my private pool (not many people were using it). It was a very nice hotel that made my travel perfect. I would like to comeback if i have a chance to visit Korea next time.

• Stayed: June 2014

We are very delighted that your stay at our hotel made your visit to Korea perfect.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate it.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Korea.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night on last monday with my husband and child.
When I checked in, I didn't know why they set my room the smoking, and I requested to staff to change my room .
Staff prepared for us non smoking room with appologize,
Staffs were very kind with a big smile every time, and took care of my little child very much, I was so touched.
Staffs are professional!
Room also was very nice and enough for us(3 people), breakfast was excellent as well.
If I have a plan to visit seoul next time, I'm sure I'll defenitely choose this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for staying at our Lotte City Hotel Mapo.
Our staffs are always trying their best to give all guests the best service. We are also very glad to hear that the rooms were spacious and comfortable.
We will be looking forward to seeing you next time you visit Korea.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I just checked out and waiting my flight in the Incheon airport.
This is first time to visit Korea, I`m very satisfied with my whole trip and love Korea!
Lovely&interesting country.
Also lotte city hotel mapo was the best place for my trip.
Very polite and helpful staffs can speak english well, perfect location and clean room.
Definitely close to 5star hotel!
I recommend someone don`t need bell man or room service.
Supermaket downstairs is really convenience.(quite big and you can get every kind of stuff there. just try cupnoodles)
I hope to come back there again!

Tip1: I stayed roadside room(857) with good view but it can be noisy to someone, I was good.

Tip2: if you go to supermarket around 10pm, you can get some food like sushi, law fish, gimbab and chicken at discounted rate.(close at 11pm)

1  Thank feeljack

Thank you for visiting our Lotte City Hotel Mapo.
We are very glad to hear that your trip was wonderful and that our hotel was the best place for you to stay during your trip. Your detailed review would be very helpful to other guests who are looking forward to staying at our Lotte City Hotel Mapo.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I visit to Korea 5,6times in a year for my business and this is first time to stay there.
I Stayed for 3nights last week. It was 4th floor with gym. Frankly speaking I wasn't prefere Lotte hotels brand cuz too expensive even business hotel levels,that's why I didn't try to stay there.
But it was great stay!
Most of staffs spoke Japanese fluently and English was excellent as well.
Staffs of some hotels I stayed,couldn't speak English and Japanese well also they didn't have smile on their face and try to take care of their guests.So I thought every Korean business hotel is not kind cuz it is low grade and low rate,but Lotte city hotel mapo was different!
The rate is a little bit higher than others(but it is still cheaper than deluxe hotels) but you can have great service and very good condition facilities.
I just asked to one of staffs about tour spot,she was really trying to help me,I could feel her kindness,it was a small thing but she was a professional!
I definitely will stay there again and recommend lotte city mapo everyone.
(Tip "Gym is free and shoes,socks are also free)

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank motorbikeman

Thank you for your stay at our Lotte City Hotel Mapo and for your candid review.
It is a pleasure that you had a wonderful stay at our hotel and that our hotel made a good impression about business hotels. We are always trying our best to give the best service to all guests staying at our hotel.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I used this hotel to break a journey between Australia and Europe. It was excellent for this purpose. Despite the fact that the hotel is located on a busy road, my room was quiet, and just right for a short business stay. As a Western visitor, I could have done with some English-language entertainment channels on television (and also the BBC world service in addition to US cable news); in addition, there was a -to me- baffling automated bidet feature on the WC. All told, however, it was really good; a short phone call to Australia was also reasonably priced. What particularly impressed me, was that a doorman assisted me - when it has started to drizzle with rain - be carrying a piece of my luggage to the nearby airport bus service, so that we could each use one of the hotel's umbrellas. The ease of subway access is good, and there is a mall under the hotel, although this did not look particularly interesting. One additional tip: I was able to access the hotel using the 'Seoul Stopover' service, which packaged a choice of this and other hotels, together with transport to and from the airport by coach: I am looking forward to staying again on my return journey

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business