“Lovely hotel with a swimming pool”

Lotte City Hotel Mapo
Ranked #44 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
“Lovely hotel with a swimming pool”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

The reason I choosed this hotel was free swimming pool.
After checked in, I ran to the swimming pool with my friend.
It was perfect for us cuz quite big to swim and there were no one exceot us at that time(2pm).
The room was tiny but it dosen't matter we just slept there.
I stayed on the 8 floor where us the highest floor, upper floor is apartment.
There is a free shuttle to downtown 3times in a day so you can go Myeongdong and Itaewon where my favorite place, there are so many bars and clubs you can spend your time for whole night.
Location is the most strong point of this hotel.
I enjoyed lotte city mapo hotel very much.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank michaelchenn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at lotte city mapo for 3 nights and I enjoyed my stay there.
My room wasn't huge that I thought and didn't have a great view but I was comfortable.
Free wi-fi is very useful I can use everywhere in the hotel,I know Korea is the most powerful IT country, even you can use free wi-fi out of hotel.
Staffs are friendly and have a big smile^^ they're helpful.
Hotel is well connected with metro(4 different lines you can use)
Around the hotel, there are many restaurants for beef and pork, if you go to the old market(you should ask a hotel staff where it is) you will enjoy there!
I was satisfied with this hotel and I would come back again!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank brandenhk
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is the first trip to Asia with my family and Korea also is first time to visit.
It was very hard to choose the hotel where we stay cuz I actually preferred global chain hotel not local brand one.(I never heard about Lotte)
But after checked in, My mind was changed. Very simple but clean and convenience location,
lovely staffs and good price.
Especially staffs are fantastic!
Everybody could speak english and they always tried to help us.
Whenever I visited to front desk,they always were busy(I could see just 2people working there) but they never lost smile on their face and I really felt their kindness.
They gave us so many information around seoul then we could travel easily in seoul.
I appreciate for their help and I want to come back here next year! Thank you Lotte mapo staffs!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

It was the first time to visit Korea, and we enjoyed here very much.
Seoul is really attractive city we spent a lot of time shopping and eating.
(Most of bars are opened untill morning, this is the best thing ever! I can not imagine in my country.)
Food is good and cheap, and I tried to drink 'soju', it made me drunken.
We stayed lotte city hotel, tiny room but free swimming pool and gym, staffs are very helpful,they know whatever we asked to.
One of staffs(I dont' remember her name) was very kind to us, every restsurnts she recommended were fantastic!
Anyway I want to give them perfect score!
If I have a chance to come here, I defenitely stay here again.

1 Thank magoru
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

I love K-Pop,that,s why I visited Korea last week,and I enjoyed korea very well!
My friend and me stayed this hotel,everything's perfect to us.
There are many restaurants aroud the hotel,it was difficult to choose just one restaurant because we wanted to try every dish in korea,but the best thing was the chicken with beer!
We went to 'oppadak'that was good.
Everyday we asked staffs so many things but they never angry with us, they were really kind and helpful!
I hope to come here again every holiday!!!

Florence, Italy
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

It was a first trip to Korea, and stayed lotte mapo for 2ngts.
I think the hotel was well made, good location with 3 metro lines, many shops & restaurants in the basement.
Friendly staffs are very helpful and smart! Also they speak good english.
The room is tiny but a huge bathroom there which my favorite.
I highly recomnend this hotel and coming again if I have a chance.
It was good stay~!

1 Thank barbar1991
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently returned from this hotel-where we spent 3 nights. I checked the ratings for this hotel and was expecting the service to be better. This hotel has very minimal staff. They were also not especially helpful. The weather was hot and humid-a/c cooled the room well. The room itself was comfortable and small with a large bathroom. Bed was comfortable.
The pool is a good size and was empty most of the time. The gym was good and the laundry was a useful addition.
This hotel is located at Gongdeok above the intersection of 4 subway lines-which makes travelling around the city easy. We travelled to Incheon International Airport on the express line on our departure. You can get the lift down from the street with your bags. You can also take the KAL bus to the airport-the bus stop is just across the road. The hotel provides a complimentary bus at 10.00am,12,00am and 2.00 pm to the main tourist areas such as Insadong. (Although you have to make your own way home)
We recommend eating across the road from the hotel at a Korean bbq restaurant called-CHOI-DEH-PO Korean 마포진짜원조최대포.( There is a large pigs head on the sign.)
Below the hotel there is a supermarket-which is great, and some small restaurants. Hotel lifts are slowThere isn't a lot to do in this area at night.
On the whole this hotel was good-price was ok.

Room Tip: High room for view