1,225 results
All reviews gongdeok station swimming pool airport train rain shower business trip coin laundry excellent hotel coffee shop decent size i highly recommend this hotel comfortable hotel breakfast buffet tourist attractions single bed convenient location stayed for nights seoul station
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Outside the hotel look old but when seeing the room and toilet - wowww amazing ! Toilet and room are much biggger than the hotel in myeongdong. Location is good, convenient and only take short time from and to airport. At first we chose to say at high floor ie 8th floor but it takes time waiting so staff gave us the sixth floor instead. This floor is much better ie more quiet, and not too crowded with lots of people as they may choose this floor. Pool is nice and very clean. Good price for this hotel with pool except there’s nothing surrounded interesting for shopping.

Room Tip: Amenities in toilet is very limited ie nothing else except shampoo,body wash, toothbrush, bath cap.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.
I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us overall.

Also thank your for your honest feedback about wi-fi. We will consider to upgrade our internet quality.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

To me when I go to Seoul not the area I`m staying in but which hotel with the best transportation access is the most important thing to consider because you spend pretty much all day riding metro or bus to see everything and it can get tiring. This hotel was perfect. When you come from Incheon or Gimpo you can take all stop KTX and get off at Gongdeok station that`s it. Station is bigger than I thought but just go to Exit 2 and look for Lotte premium market. If you`re not used to public transportation it might be confusing at first becuase there`re many people and many exits but just remember to go to Exit 2 and from there you can`t get lost because if you look up this hotel is right in front of Exit. When you arrive at night everything is so dark because supermarket and restaurants are closed so you may think this is not the right entrance but it is. Just walk through dark alley and you`ll see their elevator. There are several metro lines from this station and Seoul station is next stop so it is very convenient if you`re using KTX (bullet train). Honestly small supermarket downstairs was not what I was looking for. They call it lotte premium and more like small whole food or bristol farm in the U.S so everything was overpriced and many imported items which I was not interested in after coming to seoul. I do recommend to walk to Emart very close to this hotel if you like to buy lots of stuff and Lotte supermarket at soul station. It is huge and exciting because there are so much stuff to see and buy. Hotel breakfast was excellent and I loved their udon noodle and caramelized almond mix. Don`t worry they have plenty of choices for everybody. It can get very busy so go earlier or later. Hotel is so quiet and peaceful the only time I saw people was when I was eating breakfast and pool area. Their pool and gym were very nice but I wish they can seperate their lanes for people who want to actually exercise and for kids who just want to have fun. Make sure to bring swiming caps otherwise you can`t use their pool. I highly recommend this hotel to everybody. Convenience to public transportation fast access to both airports, clean and modern room and nice breakfast, pool and gym you can`t beat it with this price.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Warm greetings from LOTTE City Hotel Seoul Mapo.

Thanks for the detailed review.
We'll be able to get a lot of help from other people about explaining the many benefits we have.

I will make sure that your valued opinion is fully reflected in our effort to make Lotte City Hotel Seoul Mapo more responsive to guests’ needs.

Once again, thank you for sparing your precious time for us, and let us have one more chance to serve you.
If there is any assistance you require, please never hesitate to let us know. It’s our pleasure.

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

This is my second time visiting Seoul and I still love it. Last time I stayed at a Holiday Inn in Euljiro and felt the room was a little bit tight, plus I lost my kindle e-book there. So I won't go back there.

This time I particularly picked a hotel with big rooms and 2 single beds. Most of the hotels seem to charge a much higher rate for a room with two single beds than a room with one double bed. Lotte Mapo seems to have a reasonable rate. We got it for about 610,000 KRW in total for five night, which is about USD 575 for 5 nights. I also like that it is on the airport rail line so I don't have to take a taxi.

My mother and I did take the airport rail to the hotel which is quite straight forward. The exit is Gongdeok station exit 2. There were a lot of walking in the subway station to get to exit 2. Some levels don't have lift, so my mother had to climb the stairs. Later days we did find out how to get up without taking the stairs, but it takes time to walk around to find lifts on all levels. There are line 5 and line 6 at that location too. Line 5 is really good because it goes to all the main palace areas. I do recommend to get a rechargeable card for subway. The Mapo area itself doesn't have that much tourist attractions, but the subway is really convenient to get you to anywhere you want.

The check in was easy and the hotel was very quite. During our five days there we hardly heard any noise from other guests. And we did not see or hear any loud Chinese tourists (being chinese myself I know how inconsiderate they can be).

The room was very spacious and the beds were in decent size and very comfortable. Bath room was quite big with seperate shower and bath tub areas. The carpet was not new, but clean.
There were a water boiler, a little fridge, and a safe, and some paper cups. Every day we got 2 small bottles of water and a tea bag and a coffee bag.
The things we find lacking are toiletries such as conditioner and body lotion. Seoul is very dry so you really need some moisturizers for hair and body.
Also, the gym and pool close at 10pm which I think it's too early.

The best thing we found at this location is a Lotte Premium supermarket at B1 level. It's a wonderful supermarket like Wholefood of the US with fresh food and prepared food, and a bakery. We went there everyday to get snacks and drinks. We also had sushi box and bento box meals from there. It was cheap and good.

So, overall it was a very good stay, and I will definitely recommend it. Another tip is that if you are there on weekend, check out the night market and Hangang River park at Yeouinaro station. It's only 2 stops from the hotel on Line 5. There were a lot of local young people and family hanging out there with food and music. It was great!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us overall.

We always try to do our best with a reasonable rate for our guests.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel was convenient to reach by public transport. Airport bus stops outside, so does the train but walk underground to/from the train is long.
Loved being on the 4th floor close to the pool and lifts.
To roll out of bed in the morning and go for a swim before breakfast couldn’t have been easier.
Long pool 20 m? With lots of day light streaming in and charmingly lit in the evening for a relaxing swim.
Open 6 am until late. Mostly quiet at the pool over the weekend.
Also gym facilities next to the pool . Running machine, cross trainer and some weights etc.
Did not eat breakfast at the hotel.

In the basement of the building there are cafes selling excellent coffee. Fabulous supermarket with stunning fresh food for sale.
Our room was a bit small with twin beds.( requested)
One of our party had a lovely bright large double room.
Street noise did not disturb us, AC worked well.
None of the sights are on the doorstep but public transport it fast, frequent, inexpensive and easy to use.
Interesting choice of places to eat around the hotel with : modern, traditional, market , food available.
Hotel gave a good recommendation of traditional food restaurant which was tasty, varied and Korean. We were grateful for the direction otherwise would have been tricky, most people speak only Korean .... surprise surprise!!!!! People are helpful and really want visitors to enjoy their stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us overall.

As you said, we have a swimming pool, it's not big but good to swim in a quiet atmosphere.

Your review would be very helpful for our expectation guests.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Booked a family twin room and it was big enough, nice and comfortable. It is easy to travel with the different train lines, but need to walk quite a long distance for some train lines from the hotel such as the airport railway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Lottecityhotel-mapo, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Mapo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your stay.

I am pleased you had an comfortable stay with us overall.

Also thank you for the notes about the subway under the hotel. It should be very helpful for our expectation guests.