“Good place to get handicraft supply”

Dongdaemun Shopping Complex
Book In Advance
US$70.00*
and up
Central Seoul Evening Tour including Deoksu Palace, Seoul Plaza and Dongdaemun...
US$113.88*
Seoul Shopping Tour in Dongdaemun and Myeongdong
US$75.00*
Seoul City Sightseeing by Bike and Foot
Ranked #70 of 761 things to do in Seoul
Reviewed 2 June 2014

It is a huge shopping complex and it felt like a maze inside. There are many many shops selling fabric, lace, beads, threads, and all other kinds of things you would need for your needlework / jewelry / all sorts of crafts projects. You can go to the stalls selling street food which are just outside the shopping complex after finish shopping!

2  Thank FelinaFelina
There are newer reviews for Dongdaemun Shopping Complex

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Dongdaemun is popular for midnight shopping as their shopping malls opens till 2am. It's literally shop till you drop. They sell all sorts of items from clothings, to hats, to accessories, to shoes. Doota! is like a departmental stores with handmade or designer wear, if you exceed a certain amount you can get tax refund.

Tips: It is very easy to lose track of time when you simply walk in and out of a shop/malls. I missed the public transport and have to taxi back and most taxi uncle doesn't want to go by metre so we got a costly ride back to the hotel.

Check out my Korea trip at http://nkikichua.blogspot.sg/2014/03/wanderlust-seoul-korea-day-2.html

5  Thank Nkikichua
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a blast shopping in Dongdaemun - this is where you should be if you want to make some serious shopping of high fashion ladies apparel all made in Korea! Enjoyed it so much!
Some store owners are very friendly- they allow haggling prices - but usually their prices are fixed.
If you are tight on the budget - look through the onSale racks - $10,000 items are equally good!
Some store owners are impatient - when you look through their sale items n keep on asking the prices - they will start folding all the items you looked through n seem not want to sell to you - hahahha - I bit rude I think- but that's how they are- prideful people.
Lots of places to eat too!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

If you are a shopaholic, pick a hotel within this area so you can easily return to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning, or return to the hotel to keep your stuff, and then go out shopping again.Though some shops opened earlier, I would recommend visiting this place from 7pm onwards. Most shops only closed at 2-4am. The place is clustered with malls meant for retailers and consumers. If you are not a retailer, you can get great bargains at Good Morning City, APN and Migliore. Make sure you bring cash as you pay cheaper by cash instead of credit card. There are 2 higher-end looking malls nearby - Doota and Lotte Fitin which accepts credit card. There are cafes / food courts in both Doota and Lotte Fitin. Lotte Fitin closes earlier than the rest of the malls. I like Migliore the best among all as they have better clothes designs. You can get clothes on sale from KRW4,000 onwards. New designs are more expensive at KRW30,000 onwards. You can try the clothes / pants but there are no fitting rooms. You might be tempted to buy flashy shoes at these places (Good Morning City, APN and Migliore) but they don't feel that comfortable to wear. I got a similar looking pair from Doota instead at KRW78,000 with better lining. Some flats (shoes) sold at Good Morning City, APN and Migliore are comfortable though and costs only KRW10,000. Migliore was closed when we were there on a Monday while Good Morning City and APN were opened. On Tuesday, Migliore was opened but Good Morning City and APN were both closed. Not sure if this is the norm. In any case, when either malls were closed, there are still may vendors selling clothes / shoes / bags outside these malls. The quality / workmanship of items sold here are excellent. I bought some clothes here 2 years ago and after many washes they still look new. Try to bargain before you buy as I noticed some items sold here are few thousand won more expensive than the ones sold at Itaewon area and Gangnam Underground Shopping Mall.

9  Thank Rezani R
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

A four days trip to Seoul n had been shopping since day 1 in Myeongdong and Dongdaemun Doota, Doota alone already took us 3 hours just barely covering most of the floors and it is good if you are looking for some designers' fashion at reasonable averaging 40000 to 70000 won. Later, we covered Hongik U, Sinchon, Ewha Woman's U area and Sinsa, pricing about the same. When we had our last 2 hrs in town yesterday, we decided to visit Good Morning City and Hello apm in Dongdaemun, to our surprise we found some items we had seen earlier elsewhere were about 10-15% less on price tag and a 20-25% off if paid in cash in these 2 malls. Of course, without second thought, we recovered what we had not bought earlier.
It is a must to ask everytime if they have cash discount, anyway, no harm done if they dont.
I guess as a woman, a good for money return shopping(I think) is one of the happiest & healthiest exercise I enjoy most. I will be back...very soon.

3  Thank Nancy L