“Only if in Jordan”

Neighbourhood: Itaewon
Seoul
“Only if in Jordan”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This restaurant was very good two years ago for your money's worth. The price is still reasonable, but the food is not good. Their chicken sultan used to be tasty. The last time I had it, it looked overcooked or perhaps it was leftover from the previous week. Staff not caring and inattentive. Visit Petra only if you are in Jordan.

• Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Shenandoah, Virginia
“Skip it.”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We had heard some positive reviews of Petra and were always curious about it. I wish we'd just skipped it, it was so disappointing.
Dinner was so-so. The flatbread was dry. The hummus was unremarkable (especially the hair in it!). I give thumbs up for the chicken, which was delish.

My main issue with this restaurant is the attitude of the owner. He was rude and demeaning to the wait staff, creating an uncomfortable setting for the guests.

I would never recommend this place, and we will never go there again.

• Visited January 2013
“Average.Nothing to go out of your way”
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews of this resaurant I didn`t have high hopes,and boy am I glad I didn`t.

The food was adaquate, nothing wrong if you don`t have anything else to eat; which you do in Itaewon,so give Petra a skip.

Villaga, Italy
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I had dinner at Petra with 2 friends in March 2012. Rather than ordering separate entrees, we split four dips (baba ganouj, hummus, roasted eggplant and labneh) with flatbread for dinner.
Service was relatively prompt but otherwise unremarkable. Ambiance was equally unexceptional.
The flatbread was the consistency of thick tortillas, dense and chewy (not in a good way) and somewhat stale - as if it had been reheated in a microwave - with a peculiar sweet taste to it, like the dough was loaded with sugar. The dips were just okay. The hummus was chalky, the labneh a cross between cream cheese and greek yogurt, the baba ganouj flavourless. The roasted eggplant was the only dish with some flavor but even that wasn't notable.
The price was reasonable. The bottom line: it wasn't horrible, but I won't be returning.

• Visited March 2012
Korea
“Great Food, but the owner/manager needs to change his attitude”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Pros: Good food, especially for sharing. Convenient Itaewon location.

Cons: Don't go in a group of more than 3, or they'll probably mess up your order. After we mentioned that there were items on the table we didn't order, the management blamed us for the errors and then asked us what we wanted him to do about it.