Tria Hotel
US$173
US$122
US$108
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgangnam areayeoksam subway stationmini martspacious roombusiness tripair conditionerminimarketjacuzzinightlife
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This review is for room 206 a standard double so this is probably why I was disappointed. The room was nicely decorated and new with a big bathroom which had a great rainshower and the full electric bidet system, but it was dark and the sink too low, so you had to stoop to use it. The total size of the room is 23 squared metres including the bathroom. It was a bit difficult maneouvering around the room. The bed was very comfortable, the wi fi was good, strong air con and huge flat screen TV mounted on the wall.Unfortunately very thin walls meant listening to the waterworks of other guests and the door slamming was easily heard through the walls. Kettle and two bottles of mineral water provided. Ancient hairdryer but great toiletries as I have found in all Korean hotels, not cheap nasty stuff. Tria also included rock hard gel, hairspray and two types of hairbrush. The breakfast was a bit ordinary and I would hate to think of how they would cope if more than 6 rooms came in to eat at one time! Location wise excellent, a 5 minute walkfrom Yeoksam metro stop, you have to be pretty out of shape or frail to say it's 8 - 10 minutes away. Staff reasonably friendly but informative offereing the usual maps for sights. The Renaissance Hotel, where limousine airport bus 6703 picks you up for Incheon International is also only 5 mins away in a down hill direction. So many places to eat nearby, the ubiquitous Starbucks is on the corner where the interesting metal statue of books is (my marker for the hoel off the Teheran Road), but there are nicer boutique coffee shops too, that you should try.There is a really good value sushi restaurant called Sushi Maiu one street away. Don't go to the Japanese restaurant directly opposite or next to the hotel (no English name but it did have a sign saying it was a good restaurant on the outside!!!) if you don't want to leave 100,000 won lighter for a meal you could have got down the road for 25,000 won. It had nice closed off rooms and presentation was nice, but totally overpriced. Sorry to write about it here, but I can't read Hangeul. If you want to stay south of the river and upgrade to a deluxe room, I guess this would be a good hotel. Maybe I will do that next time, but don't go for standard rooms.

Room Tip: Avoid the standard rooms, very small and hard to manouevere around. Breakfast isn't worth paying the extra 20,000 won for.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank only1invillage
Reviewed 24 September 2013

When I was researching for a hotel for Seoul in the Gangnam area the names that came up as good are the big names like Renaissance, Best Western, Four Seasons and the likes. I am never a big fan of the international names and always like to try small boutique hotels. I came across Hotel Tria in a few different channels and since it was in the Gangnam area I did a more detailed research on it. I have read many reviews on this from various sources. Some say it was the perfect location for a relatively competitive price while others say the opposite. I decided to take a bet on this as I could book myself in a suite for a relatively cheap price and I was only staying for two nights.

In the end, I was glad I took the chance. The hotel was great. I have to state clearly the purpose of this trip and what I was expecting from my accommodation. I am in Seoul for two nights for some Korean cuisine and just general sight seeing. I was mainly looking for hotels that are convenient in terms of getting around and convenient in terms of getting myself accessible to good food.

I am going to start with the location of this hotel. The hotel is tucked away in a small street in the Yeoksam area and about 5 minutes walk from the Yeoksam metro station. Around the corner of the hotel is the Renaissance Gangnam hotel. There is convenience store just seconds away from the lobby and a dozen of Korean restaurants along the street just behind the hotel. If you are into a few booze, there are plenty of bars, nightclubs and clubs to your likings. And yes there are quite a few nightclubs in the area and around the corners but you definitely are not going to feel uneasy about walking alone in the neighborhood.

The restaurants around the hotel are also great. They offer cheap genuine Korean cuisine and there are many to choose from. Beware if you go between 12-2 during the afternoon then most restaurants can get quite packed with people going for lunch in office buildings nearby.

Checking in was seamless. They didn't even need to take my credit card for deposit and all I needed was my passport. I had a suite up on the 7th floor and the room was quite spacious. I had a small sitting area with cozy sofas and then a bed just next to it in the middle of the room. The bathroom had full size shower and a Jacuzzi bath. Drinks in the fridge are refilled daily and there are actually two doors to the room which shields any sound from the corridor. I have read reviews about bad smell in rooms but lucky enough I had no issues with this.

If you need restaurants, lounges or other amenities in the hotel then this is definitely not what you are looking for. This hotel offers a small parking with about 5 parking space and a small cafe in the lobby only. There are no other facilities. I would recommend this for lone travelers, young couples or just friends. This is not suitable for family especially if you have kids as this just isn't one of those hotels that are suitable for kids.

I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Seoul.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Edmund H
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Very cheap but then not very good. The personnel is kind and ready to help, and they speak English enough. The real problems are the rooms: an unpleasant smell of smoke, I asked to change, but I had the same problem and finally they admitted they do not have no-smoking rooms. To make it worse most rooms have the window faces a wall, you cannot even see the sky. The room was really very small. I suspect the "deluxe rooms" are better, but unfortunately they don't tell you in what poor conditions are the "standard" ones when you make your choice. Surely this is not a 4 stars, in my opinion it is 2.

Room Tip: Always ask for a "Superior room", the "standard" ones are not good at all
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marco P
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My girlfriend and I were very happy to stumble upon this hotel. It's relatively small with a boutique vibe to it. Our room on the second floor was recently refurbished. Style is modern and not gaudy compared to other hotels I've stayed in Korea. The staff was friendly/bilingual and went out of their way to accommodate us with early check in. The price was very cheap for the gangnam neighborhood. Try it!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark K
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is relatively cheap in considering the location at Financial and IT district. Easy to find if you take the airport Limo shuttle, just 5 mins walk from A major brand hotel. The room is small but good for max 2. Not children friendly thou. The reception desk is helpful and English is not a problem. Money well spent at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013