“Extremely poor”

Ranked #163 of 471 Hotels in Seoul
Los angeles
“Extremely poor”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

I don't understand how rating system works in Korea, I was counting on a international standard when I book a 4 star hotel but received a motel standard. The named 4 star hotel was so horrible that it ruined my hotel rating standard and ruin my vacation. Hotel is simply is horrible in all aspects, smells bad, decor is cheap, room is dirty, sheets are horrible, towel had awful stains, shower curtain had worst mildew ever, manager and staff are rude, fire alarm went off twice early in the morning during my stay. It should be downgraded to a motel

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Marie S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed her for 7 nights and was actually worried when searching for a hotel in Seoul since I will be travelling alone.
Found Tria to be exactly as I said, convenient location, comfortable & clean rooms.
Booked a standard room which is just nice for me, clean bathrooms & towels, powerful hot shower and super fast Internet, what else can I say!
The staff are helpful and friendly, they even helped me to order fried chicken delivery as I had always wanted to try them!
Recommended I take the KAL Airport Limousine Bus when I inquired about taxis to the airport and even gave me a schedule for it.
There are lots of eating places around the hotel, all less than 3 mins and a bakery which is open 24 hours, in fact most of the eateries and convenience stores around Tria are 24 hours!
The subway, Yeoksam station on Line 2 is only less than 10 mins walk from the hotel.

Certainly will stay here again if I have to be in Gangnam area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Timbuktu, Mali
Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are looking for a clean modern hotel in a lively area and close to the metro but not expensive, the Tria is a great choice.

I stayed for 3 nights in a standard room which was quite large by normal standards, and huge by Seoul standards. Great shower, comfortable bed, everything controlled by remote control, only downside was the window was quite small so not alot of light came in, but if you're spending most of your time out and about, this isn't a big issue. No cleanliness issues in my room. Staff all spoke good English.

Gangnam is on the other side of the river from the tourist areas but is a nice modern part of town (business district) still with plenty of shops and restaurants. The hotel is in a quiet backstreet off the main road so is relatively peaceful, but still surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops that are open until all hours. There are one or two love motels nearby but these aren't of any concern and the area felt perfectly safe as there were always people around at night, mostly businessmen returning from a night on the town.

Location is also very good - 5 mins walk from the metro and airport limousine bus stop (the best and cheapest way there from ICN).

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Up1ntheair
Toronto
Reviewed 12 November 2013

In my opinion the hotel is good value.
Less than $100 per night.
Room is modern and has all the features of other "love" hotels in Seoul.
Tria has tried to become a hybrid of love hotel and tourist hotel so don't expect Western style hotel experience if you stay here. But that's not a bad thing as Korean love hotel is in so many ways much better that your typical Best Western or Holiday Inn.
Location is good if you are young and active - it is in a restaurant/cafe/club nightlife area. Noisy until very late.
My major criticism is the cleanliness - room did not smell too fresh and in the bed I found several black hairs (both short and very long) and the pillow smelled of perfume. My conclusion... they did not change the bed sheets or at the very least did not wash them well. That's bad!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank boss233811
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in April as recommended by a travel agent, as our pre wedding photoshoot was at the Gangnam area. Just 5 minutes walk from the subway and there is a lovely korean BBQ restaurant opposite the hotel. Around the corner there is Paris Baguette which is open for 23 hours, we had our breakfasts mostly there.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jun3loh
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Exactly what I look for in a hotel. This Gangnam hotel was a great find. It is based in a CBD area just a short stroll away from the nearest subway. The reception is tastefully decorated (minus the xmas things in late September) and feels clean and modern.

Most things are a short train ride or taxi away - but as Seoul is such an amazing city full of hidden restaurants and things to do I preferred walking.

We originally asked for a non-smoking room if possible in the 'extra comments' box but were still moved into a smoking room - no problem though, just a slight mis communication along the line. We were instantly moved into a room on the first floor. Clean and fairly spacious interior. The modern bathroom and amenities were perfect.

The double bed was comfy and in a good location for air conditioning. One thing I might change (if I could) would have to be the addition of bedside lamps / plugs instead of having to turn the light off and blindly navigate to the bed.

Staff at the Tria hotel deserve an award. I currently live in China where sometimes the service can be beyond substandard. It was a shock to the system to see staff working efficiently and helping me in every way possible. I really should have asked for a few helpful names as some staff went beyond the call of duty to help me. Excellent service especially when it came to advising me about a baseball game, location of stadium and ticketing process. Amazing job.

I would throughly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking about staying in Seoul.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a non-smoking room if possible