Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul
US$69
US$211
US$174
Travelocity
All reviewsrelaxation poolmoon barroom conditionbanyan pooltrue luxury experiencehot tub in the roomdining loungebig poolfacilities includingadjust the temperaturenamsan mountainservice staff areour honeymoonlovely roomdaily breakfastthe ritzkorean restaurant
A TripAdvisor Member
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 7 April 2013

The service is very good in Banyan tree. When i send email asking how to go from airport to hotel, reservation dept give me the reply in 20 mins with 5 different ways. And the information is very clear and detailed. As per the location, hotel is very close to seoul tower and Sellia duty free store.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed one night last week on BT Seoul for a business trip. Everything is perfect.
Normally I stay in Seoul at Ritz-Carlton, Imperial Palace, JW marriot, Intercontinental Seoul and IC Coex.. It sepends on what you seek for while staying but I'm sure you will not be disappointed..

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights at Banyan Tree and we love every minute of it. The friendly staff brought us to our room and show how things work around the room. The next morning the front desk staff will call all the tourist attractions that we want to visit, to make sure that they are open and inform the taxi of places we want to visit and that is what I call an excellent service. We purchase the deluxe room and it's so spacious. Love the spa and sauna, you can adjust the temperature to any degree you like. Breakfast is great and the only downside is location is not a walking distance to shops or restaurants. However the staffs and the service make us want to go back there again. I would totally recommended to anyone.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

We've stayed in Banyan Tree Hotels in several countries and this was our first try in Seoul.
We had expectations on this stay because of its brand name. However we ended up very disappointed after the stay.

1) Front desk staffs are not well-trained
My bf had an appointment early in the next morning, so after checking-in, we asked the front desk staff for the opening hours of the breakfast area. The staff gave us an ultra fake smile (which lasted for very long) and he was unable to answer our simple questions. He had to discuss with restaurant staffs before got back to us after 3-4 minutes. If I knew it I would rather check it out by myself in brochures in my room. (I did check their brochures afterwards and there was no information about their breakfast hours)

2) 5-star service?
After a rush check-in in the lobby upon arrival, we went out for lunch with our Korean friend(we've not yet been to our room yet after the rush check-in). When we get back at about 5pm, the staff just gave us the key card, no one brought us to our room and introduce the in-room hardwares, everything is on our own. We tried hard but we've failed to understand the in-room customised BOSE system although we've got B&O and B&W at home.

3) A disappearing waiter
My bf went to have breakfast the next morning and a waiter asked him "coffee or tea?" straight after he seat down. He replied "coffee", the waiter noted and left. He then never see this waiter again for the next half hour, nor a cup of coffee. At the end, he got some apple juice from the beverage machines by himself.

4) Poor breakfast
I had my breakfast afterwards and I received a "Breakfast menu" from a waiter. (My bf realised on the next day that there are more to eat then just the buffet items) I picked a set of beef soup with rice but I found a hair within after I finished half of the soup. I know it happens in many places but I didn't expect this would happen in a worldwide 5-star hotel.

5) Lack of staffs? Loads of paperwork?
On the evening of our stay, concierge helped us to call a taxi and we waited at the entrance. The staff then focused on their PC busy typing thousand words a minute. There's no one at the entrance even the taxi had arrived. Local taxi drivers know simple English so we got on the taxi and we managed to communicate with him. At the same time that busy staff rushed towards us and told the driver where we wanna go. It seems to me that they are in really shortage of staffs.

6) The real "Moon" Bar
There is a "Moon Bar" located on the 2xth floor of the hotel. There was only 1 staff inside with no customers. We looked around and there are over 2m height barriers and fences surrounding all over the open area. The only view you can have is the Moon, what a waste of the beautiful Namsan Park and N Seoul tower view.

7) Loud loud shades
There are large area of glass windows in the room and there is only 1 piece of black out shades can be switched automatically. The others have to be operated manually. However, you'll hear a very loud impact sound when the lower end of the shades(metal) hit the windowsill, even if you tried very slow and carefully. Should the length of the strings be adjusted to avoid this impact?

8) Bellboys are not well-trained
After we checked-out, our Korean friend drove his car to the hotel entrance to bring us around, the bellboys helped us to move our luggages onto the trunk. They didn't care what was inside so they just put our luggage on our friend's golf rackets and that's it, done.

9) Weird hardware
The in-room plunge pool remains at 29-33°C all the time. You cannot change the temperature by yourself but you have to phone them for a change of...temperature.
The wall behind the TV looks the same as an X-Ray film illuminator.
The elevator is made of glass panels with a nice view of Dongdaemun. However, there're loads of horizontal crossbeams flashing in front of you making you dizzy as you elevate.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It's a bit difficult to say whether this new hotel is worthwhile. Certainly the room itself is huge and super comfortable, and the in-room hot tub is spectacular and unique, definitely making this room one of the best rooms we've ever stayed in. But otherwise, it's stuck on a hillside far from anything, including transportation, up a big hill. So you clearly need to go somewhere else to have fun. Fortunately a lot of Seoul's most famous areas are close by, and then you can taxi back to your extremely quiet room.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple