Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I would highly recommend IB Ville. We had planned to stay here five days in July, before we went on a round-trip. After the tour we had another place, but we changed it and stayed at IB Ville when we came back.

The Guesthouse has clean rooms, nice ambiance, helpful and english speaking staff. There’s free Wi-Fi (with good strength) and three computers to use for the guests. There is app. five minutes walk to the Myeongdong area, seven to the airport bus and twenty down from Seoul Tower. It has a good location for everything - museum, shopping, markeds and lots of places to eat.

Reasonable pricing - on budget! The only advice - bring your own towel if you want one that cover your body.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank htangenes
Reviewed 19 July 2011

If you are looking for an affordable place to stay, this is the one! It's location 5 minutes walk from Myeongdong Station!

We stayed at the hotel type, deluxe room and we were amazed by the room size! There's a microwave and a kettle provided so when you are hungry, scare not!

You'll pass by a lot of restaurants to and fro the station as well. There's a 24 mini mart right at the corner and less than a minute walk too!

The breakfast area is abit small but you can bring it to the room or enjoy at the small garden if weather is permitted.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank evyenvy1231
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Have always made hotels my choice whenever I travelled but chose IB ville for my first visit to Seoul after seeing the rave reviews on tripadvisor. True enough, I wasn’t disappointed at all! From the first email encounter with them right to the end of my trip and beyond (more on that later), it was nothing less than pleasant and reassuring. They swiftly accommodated to my email request of changing the dates of my stay and provided helpful information in the confirmation with regards to locating the guesthouse. That being said however, the limousine bus does not bring you to the doorstep of this place. You’ll still need to use the underpass to get to the opposite side of Sejong Hotel. After that, when faced with the forked road where the Pacific Hotel is sitting on, take the left and make your merry way up the little “hill” to find IB ville on your left.

The rooms are very well-kept and clean, there’s TV and free internet, which is another bonus! The towels provided are rather small, so you might want to bring your own or just help yourselves to new changes of towels at the lobby. Even though bottled water is extremely affordable in Seoul, the hot and cold water dispenser is still very helpful if you have forgotten to replenish your supplies. The mini mart is a stone’s throw away though, so there’s really nothing much to worry about.

Always helpful and accommodating, the English-speaking staff is a real gem whenever you need any information on what to eat and where to go. On top of that, their commendable service deserves a special mention since they were extremely helpful and accommodating when I contacted them about a piece of luggage which I absent-mindedly left behind at the lobby. Because of my previous interactions with the staff before this, I felt rather assured that my luggage will be safe with them until I sent my international courier down to pick it up. Sure enough, I managed to retrieve my baggage swiftly with everything intact. Think in this respect, IB ville has really proven themselves to be respectable and worthy of all the excellent reviews here especially in terms of their service and efficiency!

Date of stay: June 2011
4  Thank Shaymin
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The main pros of IB Ville would be its cost and location.
It is within a short 5-10min walk to Myeong Dong subway station and Myeong Dong shopping area. So if your main priority is location, convenience and shopping this place has it all. It is also at the bottom of Namsan and you can walk up the mountain to Seoul Tower and Namsan Park or 5min walk to the cable car to take you up.
The rooms are very clean and has all the ammenities; air con, flat screen tv, mini fridge and bathroom. The staff were friendly and they provide drinking water and hot water. The room I had was at the back so I could open the window for fresh air and had no problems with noise.
The main complain is probably that its located on a gradient and if its the 1st trip up to the guesthouse it does seem a rather long and steep climb especially with luggage. But dont let that scare you, after a couple of time it will seem normal, its not a streanous torturous climb (unlike climbing up the mountain to seoul tower).
The main thing for me when deciding this guesthouse was its location and it lived up to it. very convenient for everything, food, shopping and transportation. Infact I could get around to almost all the sites in Seoul using the subway for won1000.

Date of stay: May 2011
4  Thank Mmonkie
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Decided on IB ville after reading the reviews here. Their response to our email enquiry was prompt. So are the subsequent correspondences. Getting there from the airport via subway was a little tricky especially the flights of stairs that you have to overcome with your heavy baggages. When u exit the subway, u have to walk abt 8 mins to reach the guesthouse.. On the way up to the guesthouse are some eateries which are more patronized during the weekdays as there is a school nearby. But please note that the way to the guesthouse is an up-slope. So it gets really tiring if u are lugging heavy bags after shopping spree.
Stayed in a double condo room as the hotel type was booked. Had a mini kitchen which was useless to us. The room was neat and sizeable. Essentials like hairdryer, shampoo etc are provided. However, perhaps the guesthouse did not expect their guests to turn on the air-con in a 15 degree celcius weather, dust was flying around when we on the air-con and this dirtied our bed which was underneath the aircon. We didnt want to open window as the pathway gets noisy when the Koreans are going to or dismiss from the school nearby. Toilet was much better than expected and it's very clean too. Staff is ok and the guy manning the counter (called Ray) looks cold but it's actually very helpful. My hubby was very ill during the trip and Ray took the initiative to accompany me to the pharmacy that it's quite some walk away, helping me to communicate with the pharmacists there. His English is good too since he worked in Australia for some time.
Location is good, given that it's in the myeongdong area. Bad is that it requires some walk from the subway station or main road, and there are alternatives in the heart of myeongdong area for slightly more in price.

Date of stay: May 2011