“Best ahjumma and place ever !!”

IB Ville Guesthouse
Ranked #221 of 592 Speciality Lodging in Seoul
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Ib ville has been very nice to me and my friends, they most likely assist our trips and give advices to us. they also took care of me and my friends. very friendly ! -Harris Santoso Kwan

Nice place , best service , and place feels home !!!! - Kevin

I love this place because they very kind and also friendly , and also they tried their best to help me while i am sick...This place also really close to myeongdong station so its easy to go anywhere..thats makes me stay at here..and i would like to recommend everyone to stay at this place if you go to korea.!!!

p.s: I really love the ahjumma and noona here !
-Richar (I will go to KOREA again and will stay here again)!!!!.....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KevinHarrisRichar

Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights from end of Aug to early Sep - & we didn't have anything to complain about. Location was excellent since it was just minutes away from Namsan tower, Myeongdong & subway station. We were also in very close proximity with cafe, restaurants and convenience stores so everything was in our reach & central.

When we first arrived, rooms were clean and the AC was working perfectly. We were allowed to change towels everyday (self-service) but we had to throw our own rubbish (which was OK). Breakfast was OK - bread with butter & jam, tea/coffee. It was self-sufficient & considered better than most hostels/guesthouses I've been in my life. Also, hot/cold water was available for free near the reception so that was pretty awesome - all the hostels I've been in Europe don't have anything like this.

Overall a pretty awesome stay. The only downside I would say is that the hostel is located along a hill so you would need to trek upwards to reach it. (good exercise for the young but inconvenient for the old) there are also no elevators within this guesthouse so do bring light suitcases if you choose to stay here because it will require quite a bit of work to lug it up if you stay in the upper floors.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I can only say that this hostel is only good for it's location and nothing else. We stayed 3 nights in IB ville, there are no lifts and if you stay in condo unit which is on 3rd floor you will have to carry your luggage up or down on your own because the staffs will not help you.

- Room is old and not so clean, pictures are different from actual.
- Breakfast, only bread is provided have to take it to room and eat.
- Staffs are not friendly.

Overall, I would rather stay in some other guesthouse in Seoul.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Joan1810
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I booked Ib Ville because my friend who stayed there before highly recommend it to us.
However, I found out that probably my expectations were a little bit too high. My fiancee and I went into Ib Ville using taxi, because we have heard of qualms of climbing the stairs from the nearest train station.
Upon reaching, the guy who checked us in was cold towards us, but he is very proficient in English, so there was no problem communicating. Basically, everything was just done following the book. No extra services or smile.
I am pretty satisfied with the room (double room). The room and the bathroom was spacious. However, on the third day, I found out that the pillow was wet from the air-con (air-con was above bed). I didn't bother to complain because we were checking out the next day, and we really didn't need the hassle with the tiring itinerary we had. I just placed a towel on top of pillow.
The location is extremely good. It was near Myeongdong station, probably 200m away, but I think the street was safe even at night? Because I saw a university student buying some groceries at 1.30a.m walking ALONE in the dark; that would never have happened back in my home town.
It was a good enough stay, only because my fiancee and I traveled out most of the time. We were probably in the room from 12am - 9am; strictly for sleep. Possible to walk to Namsan cable station if you don't mind walking. We enjoyed our walk to the station with the restaurants and sight seeing along the way. Overall, a good enough stay, but can be better. For the money and also service provided, I rather take my stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lis_elle7
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed in ib ville for a total of 5 nights.

Two nights in room 110.
Two nights in room 306(condo unit)
1 night in room 111.
I feel that staying in 3 different rooms have given me a better idea on what this guest house has to offer.

Overall, if not for IB ville stay, my seoul experience would have been perfect. Several reasons are as follow.

1) First night in 110, i realized the curtains were very sheer and could not deflect the light away, hence, we had to sleep in semi light the whole night.
2) The room in 110 and 111 smells of drainage and toilet flushing system goes cranky at times.
3) Beds in all 3 rooms were rock hard
4) Renovation works begin around 9 am in the vicinity every day so if you are in need of a good sleep, please do not book this guest house.
5) The staff were generally nonchalant and does not care for the welfare of the customers.(does not help with bags or provide good tourist information and worst still, wears a glum face the whole time i was there)
6) Every service is almost chargeable ( even a 30 seconds phone call to a friend locally and storage space overnight)
7) Notifications were rude and in-your-face.

The only plus of the guesthouse would be the location and the price.It is near myeong dong station but there's a long hike up the slope before you reach the guesthouse.
Cheap but not worth the stay( i supposed there will be better guest houses around)

if you really feel like staying in the guesthouse despite all i have said, ask for the top floors or the condo units.

So yup. my two cents' worth.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank lovescouleur
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed for 5 nights at Ib Ville guesthouse in June 2012. We booked 3 rooms. The pics posted in their official website and the actual rooms were totally different. It looks much older and the layout were totally different.
Nevertheless, the rooms are generally spacious. The family room comes with a tiny kitchen area. Breakfast is self-service and comes with white bread and jam/butter. There is no breakfast area to mingle and you need to eat inside your room.
Not recommended for families with elderly as there is no lift in this guesthouse and you need to climb up and down the stairs quite alot (for taking the bread during breakfast, for changing of used towels and every time you need to head to the nearby 7-eleven).
Overall, an average guesthouse in a superb location. This guesthouse is within 5 minutes walk to the Myeong Dong shopping district and its a short walk from the subway station-Myeong Dong.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I would say the only commendable part of IB ville would be the Wifi. (which even this went wonky on our 2nd night there)

Ray wasn't very friendly towards us, and seeing us 4 girls, travelling with middle sized luggages, still gave us the 3rd level rooms. and no offer to help us to carry our luggage at all.

Breakfast provided is kinda terrible, and what's worse is that we had to stand in the middle of the corridor to eat our breakfast, while being afraid of disturbing the other people who were staying in the rooms next to the corridor.

Lastly, it has a security system but this creates alot of problem for us as all of us has to travel together. There is only one security card (which we must use to enter after 11pm because the staff would have disappeared) and one set of keys.

Our room was not very clean when we first checked in, and they DO NOT provide room service unless you stay more than 3 nights. Everything else is also chargeable and though that's fine by us, the way that they phrase their notices are very hostile. don't feel welcomed at all in this guesthouse.

I guess if you're looking for a no-frills place, this would be it. but location wise, i don't think it's the best either. Though near Myeongdong station, it is still a distance away from the exit (and uphill)

i would recommend Hongdae's Ann's Guesthouse instead. Pay a little bit more but you get a super awesome place!! and location rocks too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends