“Great Tacos - Good Value - Amiable Owner”
Review of Gusto Taco

Gusto Taco
Ranked #1 of 123,173 Restaurants in Seoul
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Gusto Taco has great tacos at pretty good prices. Anybody from Seoul can attest to the fact that good tacos are hard to come by.

Gusto Taco makes their taco shells from scratch, so you should obviously try the taco. Their pork is slow cooked and well marinated. That is definitely the go-to item on the menu.

Their nachos are loaded with cheese, jalapenos, onions, meat, etc. It's definitely enough for two people to share.

Soda is way overpriced and the beer comes out cheaper. Get a beer.

Have a chat with the owner. He's a really nice guy that goes the extra mile to make sure his customers are satisfied.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The only mexican place i tried on my first trip to seoul. I made it a point to have the chipotle pork taco before the start of my journey everyday. Its a small and cosy place during winter and i love it. Best thing about it is that its about 2 mins away from paul and paulina, one of the best bakery in the world. No contest. Taco and bread for lunch, great way to start seoul.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

It's no surprise that there's lots of excellent Korean food in Korea, but what's much harder to come by is very well done, authentic examples of OTHER cuisines. Take something seemingly simple like Mexican for example. Many restaurants in Korea attempt to make Mexican, but it typically comes out as unintentional fusion. A blend of Korean and Mexican that just doesn't work. The ubiquitous plastic, tasteless cheese that you find everywhere here instead of real cheddar, poorly made salsa, or just no salsa at all... the examples of bad Mexican are many, even in Seoul.

One very big and notable exception is Gusto Taco. The ingredients are authentic, the recipes are finely tuned and the flavors are excellent. Just one bite of the pork tacos, which the proprietor told us are the house specialty, and your mouth does the equivalent of a happy dance. Everything is perfectly balanced - from the house-made corn tortillas and the melted cheese to the perfectly-seasoned pork and the onion-y, tangy salsa. You will definitely want to order more than 2 tacos. But at W5,700 for an order of 2 tacos, it certainly won't break the bank to go back for more.

There are other great finds on the menu, such as nachos with house-made, gooey cheese sauce, jalapenos, beans and more. We didn't try anything else so far, because the pork tacos are just that good.

We went to Gusto Taco for the first time last weekend and each of us enjoyed 3 tacos, and we also split an order of the pork nachos. Everything was fantastic.

Aside from the awesome food at a good price, the proprietor is a really nice guy who took the time to chat with us a bit and make sure we liked everything. He explained the menu and recommended the pork tacos and nachos, told us it would take a while for the food (even though it actually came quickly), and stopped by our table after we ate to clear trays out of the way and make sure we were satisfied.

I live two hours outside of Seoul, but I will definitely be going back to Gusto Taco. Can't wait to eat there again, actually.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

On my first visit to this highly praised joint, I tasted a cross-section of dishes - fish tacos, burrito, and quesadilla. First the tacos: they were okay but not quite memorable; they lacked a certain zestfulness that I'd hoped would inject my taste buds with the memory that I was eating "Mexican." Also, at 5,700 won ($5.50) for two snack-sized portions that I gulped down in 3 bites, pricey; second, the burrito: a good-sized (as it should be for 9,500 won ($9.25) but mainly filled with rice, and lacking on pretty much all the other ingredients, particularly the chicken. Also, quite moist/wet so that it's hard to keep it together. The whole thing basically falls apart as you're eating it, and there's no fork or spoon in sight to scoop it up! Third, the quesadillas. Perhaps the most interesting, they were large, quite cheesy, served hot and dripping in cheese. A thumbs-up on the quesadillas. The food does taste fresh, I will say. Ambience is upscale fast-food; the best seats are out on the patio but that won't do much good in the wintertime. Beer is served, thankfully, to help wash away the shock of the hefty price tag for this everyday Tex-Mex grub.

8  Thank roughingit
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I've been only twice and both times got the chipotle pork tacos because they are delicious. One of the best deals in town to Mexican.

gustotaco, Owner at Gusto Taco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thanks so much for your lovely review - my wife and I really appreciate the kind words!