Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
DanehillWan
Hong Kong, China

My Number One Accommodation Choice of Visiting Seoul

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Aug 2015
It's our fourth time of visiting Seoul as well as staying in this guesthouse owned by Mr Young. If we visit Seoul again, this guesthouse is undoubtedly still our 'Number One' choice!

First, for the location, it is around 5-10 minutes walk from Hongik University Station. There are a number of subway lines including the Airport Railroad to Gimpo and Incheon Airport, the busiest Line 2, which is a loop around the city, and the Gyeongui–Jungang Line. You can get in and around the city without many transfers.

And the guesthouse itself is located in a quiet area opposite Hongik University. We can avoid the bustle and hustle of that hectic area after a long day of activity. It is really important to a busy tourist like me! But if we want to look for places for refreshment or shopping, we just have to walk for around 5-10 minutes.

I absolutely agree with other reviews that the owner Mr Young is the best part. He can speak fluent English and Japanese. The photos posted on the wall of the staircase tell you that such an experienced traveller Mr Young is. For those first-time visitors to Seoul, you do not have to worry about what should be done at all. He can give you lots of brilliant ideas. I do like chatting with him at breakfast as I can know more about how local residents live.

Then comes to the room, one of the most important parts of a guesthouse. The building itself is a 4-storey building with 10 rooms from the 2nd to 4th floor. Some climbing you have to do if a room on the 4th floor is allocated. For the double room we were staying in these visits, ground heating is available in winter and air-conditioning is available in summer. Private washroom with hot shower is in the room and basic toiletries (towels, body wash and shampoo) are provided. Free and high speed wifi is provided as well (an access point in each room). The decoration is not very new but everything is clean and well-maintained. Also Mr Young or his staff does basic clean-up every day. It is just 60,000 won for a double room with simple breakfast (bread, cereal, coffee, etc.). In a city of high living costs, it is not easy to find such reasonably priced but clean and comfortable accommodation, isn't it?

Of course there are some cons. The decoration is not really new. There are quite lots of CCTVs and signposts which some people may find uncomfortable. I had not be aware when a Canadian man told me in my previous visit. I think they are for the hygiene and safety just like the Seoul city.

There are dorms for budget travellers as well but I have never tried. For such a high quality but reasonably priced accommodation, I believe that it should be known better and I hope my brief review here may help you find a good place to stay in Seoul.
Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
    £153
10.3 miles from Seoulwise Guesthouse
Pool
View more hotels in Seoul
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this guesthouse for a week last month. The room is spacious, comfortable and clean (especially the bathroom)!
Breakfast is included (cereals, bread with jam, milk, coffee or orange juice) and morning newspapers!
Mr, Young is very helpful and accomodating in our queries and making reservations to other guesthouse (we headed to Jeju after).
The place is accessible to restaurants, convenient stores, grocery, street food stalls as it will be a few minutes walk.
If youre looking for a good place to relax during your stay, this will be a good place for you. :)

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I stayed here for a couple of nights in Jan. 2015. I booked a room with a friend in a four person dorm - we were the only people there. It was very clean, very secure, and in a great location. We could easily walk to the University District - which was an awesome way to spend the evenings. Good food, good shopping and good entertainment. Our place was also close to the subway which made it easy to go around the city. Clean, safe and inexpensive - highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2015
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Clean, tidy, warm and homely hostel stay in the cold winter.
This was my second time staying at the hostel.
Kind and well travelled boss who is very helpful in giving suggestions to itineraries.
Staff are friendly.

Date of stay: December 2014
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 January 2015

The guesthouse is a walk away from the train stations, near food stalls/stores and most especially Young(owner) is very accommodating(very hands on). It made my stay in Seoul pleasant and encourages me to go back on Spring. Well recommended for a place to stay while in Seoul.

Date of stay: December 2014
Reviewed 16 October 2014

My first hostel was not so good, so I have spent 3 hours looking for next one. And never regret about my choice: Seoulwise Guesthouse! First of all, Location. It is 5 mins walking from subway station. At Hongdae area there are a lot of restaurants, bars, clubs! The station is on the green line (inner circle line) so everything is accessible. 2. Staff is very nice, friendly, help with all your needs. Provide maps. 3. Breakfast is included. 4. My room was spacious, with bathroom in it. 5. They have a common room, which is very important for those who travel alone. You can hang out with other travelllers ( in my previous hostel there wasnt) 6. Shampoo, Condtioner, body wash are provided. 7. Very clean and quiet. 8. You can get to/from Airport from/to Seoulwise Guesthouse by Subway directly for less than 5000 won (less than 5$). I definitely recommend Seoulwise Guesthouse for you!

Room tip: I chose the 4 female bedroom. 7/10 days i lived alone!!! Like i reserved private room for less money. UUUhhhh!)))
Date of stay: October 2014