Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
MY04
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Friendly host

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Nov 2016
We stayed there for 3 nights. The location was at the more quiet side of Hongdae, nonetheless pleasant stay (if there is a TV in the room will be better). It was just a short walk to the subway and very convenient. Clean rooms and they changed the towels everyday, though they wont make the bed. The host was friendly enough to share some eateries when we asked him on his recommendations. There is a very nice kimbap shop nearby which is really superb for breakfast or snacks option! He even recommended us to try this restaurant which served homemade kimchi and we really love it. I miss Seoul already!
Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
    £95
  • Priceline
4.0 miles from Seoulwise Guesthouse
View more hotels in Seoul
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This hostel is clean, comfortable, convenient, and easy to find. Wi-Fi internet is fast and stable (as expected in South Korea), lockers are good size, beds are comfortable, towels/soap/shampoo are provided. The neighborhood is easy to walk around and active from noon to after midnight with a great feel. Hongkik Univ metro station and the Hongdae clubs district are short convenient easy walks away, but you aren't right on top of them. The hostel is well-insulated, so comfortable temperature (warm in the winter) and set back from the road so no street noise. Young, our host, speaks English very well and gave us great recommendations for restaurants nearby and activities in Seoul.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Hi i'm wenny agustina from indonesia.I've been there for 9 days in September 2015..its my first trip in seoul..i knew seoulwise guesthouse because my friends reccomendations..the guesthouse is very clean and comfortable..just feel like your own home..mr young is very helpful..as you know its my first time in seoul so i asked him a lot about maps, directions, good places and good foods..he knew almost everything about seoul..he is very kind, helpful and friendly. The guesthouse is in hongdae, what a trendy places for young people..it also located near hongdae station so its very easy if u wanna go to other places..its near metro stations and near bus stop too..the price is very cheap compare with all the facility that seoulwise offer to us. They also have strong connection of wifi..so you can always connect with your phone..they also provide guide map about seoul and can booked you whatever tour you want like DMZ tour..even if you wants to go to tourists places like everland..mr young or the staff can also help you booked the tickets..i thinks seoulwise guesthouse is had everything you need when you stay in korea..beside wifi they also had hot water running in shower so dont be afraid when its winter time..lol i'd like korea so much so i will visit korea again soon of course i will stay in seoulwise guesthouse again. Ooo i almost forgot one time when i stayed in seoulwise..there is something important comes up so i had to make international calls to indonesia..i asked mr young to help me and he charge me with zero money although i make phone calls quite a long time. Another day because i stay longer in korea i have to change my tickets and print new one..again i asked mr young to help me and he print my new tickets twice without asking any money..when you travel and been far away from home ..we always been grateful when we meet new good friends and good people just like mr young..its become memorable memories that i will treasure it for my whole life..i'm really grateful to know mr young and to be able to stay in his guesthouse. I will visit again of course..and i really hope many many people from all over the world will come, visit and stay in seoulwise guesthouse . Trust me , i'm not lying its the best guesthouse in korea.

Date of stay: September 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2015

It's our fourth time of visiting Seoul as well as staying in this guesthouse owned by Mr Young. If we visit Seoul again, this guesthouse is undoubtedly still our 'Number One' choice!

First, for the location, it is around 5-10 minutes walk from Hongik University Station. There are a number of subway lines including the Airport Railroad to Gimpo and Incheon Airport, the busiest Line 2, which is a loop around the city, and the Gyeongui–Jungang Line. You can get in and around the city without many transfers.

And the guesthouse itself is located in a quiet area opposite Hongik University. We can avoid the bustle and hustle of that hectic area after a long day of activity. It is really important to a busy tourist like me! But if we want to look for places for refreshment or shopping, we just have to walk for around 5-10 minutes.

I absolutely agree with other reviews that the owner Mr Young is the best part. He can speak fluent English and Japanese. The photos posted on the wall of the staircase tell you that such an experienced traveller Mr Young is. For those first-time visitors to Seoul, you do not have to worry about what should be done at all. He can give you lots of brilliant ideas. I do like chatting with him at breakfast as I can know more about how local residents live.

Then comes to the room, one of the most important parts of a guesthouse. The building itself is a 4-storey building with 10 rooms from the 2nd to 4th floor. Some climbing you have to do if a room on the 4th floor is allocated. For the double room we were staying in these visits, ground heating is available in winter and air-conditioning is available in summer. Private washroom with hot shower is in the room and basic toiletries (towels, body wash and shampoo) are provided. Free and high speed wifi is provided as well (an access point in each room). The decoration is not very new but everything is clean and well-maintained. Also Mr Young or his staff does basic clean-up every day. It is just 60,000 won for a double room with simple breakfast (bread, cereal, coffee, etc.). In a city of high living costs, it is not easy to find such reasonably priced but clean and comfortable accommodation, isn't it?

Of course there are some cons. The decoration is not really new. There are quite lots of CCTVs and signposts which some people may find uncomfortable. I had not be aware when a Canadian man told me in my previous visit. I think they are for the hygiene and safety just like the Seoul city.

There are dorms for budget travellers as well but I have never tried. For such a high quality but reasonably priced accommodation, I believe that it should be known better and I hope my brief review here may help you find a good place to stay in Seoul.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanehillWan
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

I stayed in this guesthouse for a week last month. The room is spacious, comfortable and clean (especially the bathroom)!
Breakfast is included (cereals, bread with jam, milk, coffee or orange juice) and morning newspapers!
Mr, Young is very helpful and accomodating in our queries and making reservations to other guesthouse (we headed to Jeju after).
The place is accessible to restaurants, convenient stores, grocery, street food stalls as it will be a few minutes walk.
If youre looking for a good place to relax during your stay, this will be a good place for you. :)

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2015

I stayed here for a couple of nights in Jan. 2015. I booked a room with a friend in a four person dorm - we were the only people there. It was very clean, very secure, and in a great location. We could easily walk to the University District - which was an awesome way to spend the evenings. Good food, good shopping and good entertainment. Our place was also close to the subway which made it easy to go around the city. Clean, safe and inexpensive - highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2015