Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Shine
Metro Manila, Philippines

Perfect Stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Apr 2018via mobile

The host, Mr. Young, was very nice, accommodating and responds to email inquiries. He really made sure that we’re comfortable all the time and would give tips to make our vacation smooth sailing. He waited for us to check in at around 1 am

My friends and I occupied the family room. The room was big enough for 4 people and was spotless. It has good heating system to keep us warm during the winter season. Towels are changed daily, breakfast is free from 8:30- 10 am which consists of toast, jam/ butter, cereal, milk, brewed coffee. It may be simple but filling.

The location was perfect- near 3 subway lines. The location was very safe and quiet even at night/ midnight.
Date of stay: March 2018
    £102
  • Vio.com
4.0 miles from Seoulwise Guesthouse
View more hotels in Seoul
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Stayed twice a long time ago. So this review is a tad late but I have fond memories of the place. Good value for money if you're a budget traveller.

+ Area is very quiet, wifi fast and location is very convenient with several coffee shops, 24/7-shops and restaurants nearby. No traffic, residential area.

+ Twin rooms look exactly like in the pictures, very nice, clean and the size is good. Beds are typically Korean (hard mattress for a European) and there is floor heating for Winter/AC for Summer.

+ Kind, caring owners. Very responsive, fluent in several languages and Young (the owner) even drove me to the post office and acted as a translator when I had a big box with souvenirs that I needed to ship. He also carried my huge suitcase up several floors.

+ Breakfast is included: toast with jam, milk and cereal. There's a refrigerator to put your food in, should you have takeout.

- Bathroom is cold in the winter, but that's very typical for Korean buildings.

Room tip: Twin room with own bathroom
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2016 via mobile

This guest house was really nice. The gentleman who prepared my room and checked me in was very kind. He also carried my luggage to the room which is surprisingly uncommon for some of the affordable properties. The cost for one night was great. The rooms are both spacious and clean.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We stayed there for 3 nights. The location was at the more quiet side of Hongdae, nonetheless pleasant stay (if there is a TV in the room will be better). It was just a short walk to the subway and very convenient. Clean rooms and they changed the towels everyday, though they wont make the bed. The host was friendly enough to share some eateries when we asked him on his recommendations. There is a very nice kimbap shop nearby which is really superb for breakfast or snacks option! He even recommended us to try this restaurant which served homemade kimchi and we really love it. I miss Seoul already!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2016

This hostel is clean, comfortable, convenient, and easy to find. Wi-Fi internet is fast and stable (as expected in South Korea), lockers are good size, beds are comfortable, towels/soap/shampoo are provided. The neighborhood is easy to walk around and active from noon to after midnight with a great feel. Hongkik Univ metro station and the Hongdae clubs district are short convenient easy walks away, but you aren't right on top of them. The hostel is well-insulated, so comfortable temperature (warm in the winter) and set back from the road so no street noise. Young, our host, speaks English very well and gave us great recommendations for restaurants nearby and activities in Seoul.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2015 via mobile

Hi i'm wenny agustina from indonesia.I've been there for 9 days in September 2015..its my first trip in seoul..i knew seoulwise guesthouse because my friends reccomendations..the guesthouse is very clean and comfortable..just feel like your own home..mr young is very helpful..as you know its my first time in seoul so i asked him a lot about maps, directions, good places and good foods..he knew almost everything about seoul..he is very kind, helpful and friendly. The guesthouse is in hongdae, what a trendy places for young people..it also located near hongdae station so its very easy if u wanna go to other places..its near metro stations and near bus stop too..the price is very cheap compare with all the facility that seoulwise offer to us. They also have strong connection of wifi..so you can always connect with your phone..they also provide guide map about seoul and can booked you whatever tour you want like DMZ tour..even if you wants to go to tourists places like everland..mr young or the staff can also help you booked the tickets..i thinks seoulwise guesthouse is had everything you need when you stay in korea..beside wifi they also had hot water running in shower so dont be afraid when its winter time..lol i'd like korea so much so i will visit korea again soon of course i will stay in seoulwise guesthouse again. Ooo i almost forgot one time when i stayed in seoulwise..there is something important comes up so i had to make international calls to indonesia..i asked mr young to help me and he charge me with zero money although i make phone calls quite a long time. Another day because i stay longer in korea i have to change my tickets and print new one..again i asked mr young to help me and he print my new tickets twice without asking any money..when you travel and been far away from home ..we always been grateful when we meet new good friends and good people just like mr young..its become memorable memories that i will treasure it for my whole life..i'm really grateful to know mr young and to be able to stay in his guesthouse. I will visit again of course..and i really hope many many people from all over the world will come, visit and stay in seoulwise guesthouse . Trust me , i'm not lying its the best guesthouse in korea.

Date of stay: September 2015