Nox Hotel
US$86
US$73
US$383
US$287
All reviewsteheran rolarge tvwet roomlaundry serviceindoor poolairport buslocation is greatgangnamcerealtubtaxiswardrobe
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in NOX for 3 nights from 29 Sept to 2 Oct. It is a 4-minute walk from Yeoksam Station Exit 8, and there are plenty of eateries within the vicinity. (Paris Baguette, Coffine Gurunaru and Jongno Kimbap are on the street right behind the hotel.) We arrived at 10am, but the kind staff let us check in right away. (They spoke very good English too.) Room was small but clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, bathroom was very spacious with a huge jacuzzi bathtub and high-tech / automated toilet bowl. The free WIFI was strong and fast, the PC was a great bonus.

All in all, it is really a value-for-money place to stay in Gangnam. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank estellebyul
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Loved this hotel, the service was great, the hotel room fridge was filled and re-filled with free canned drinks. Spacious Room!

Pros
- I love that when I come out from the hotel, there is so many eateries around! There is a shop which sell awesome pork soup, and there is also English menu given, any shop selling great Korean sushi rolls.
- I love the fact that it is a walking distance to the subway.
- Clean Rooms and spacious.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- There is breakfast provided free everyday at the hotel, not much variety, but I am thankful for it .
Cons
- It is actually a little far from the place I wanted to go, but its near to Jamsil station.. Lotte World.
- The warm heater was really effective, did called to tell them, and they said it's already on. Maybe I am really too scared of the cold.

Well overall is a good and decent place to stay if you don't mind to travel a little bit to reach your destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a Non Smoking Level/Room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It's cheap, well-managed, free wifi, free breakfast (basic), helpful staffs. We stayed 2 times at this hotel. We never disappointed. Close to transport, easy access to Limousine Bus to airport. Even the hotel manager insist to drag our heavy suitcases. Close to Korean grill restaurant. Few steps to 24/7 convenience store.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask the non-smoking floor if you are not smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rukawa4711
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Pros:
- 5 minutes walk to yeoksam station
- lots of eatery around
- clean room
- free wifi
- complimentary mini bar which consists of drinks only, 2 coffee, 1 coke. 1 orange juice, 2 bottled water
- gym access at basement 3, which is quite enclosed, they have a huge Samsung tv in the gym
- free usage of laundry service

Cons
- we couldn't find the lobby as you would expect lobby to be located on first floor, but it is actually located on second floor. You gotta take the elevator up, which is situated behind the close door
- breakfast is very limited with only hard boiled edges, cereals, toasts, coffee and orange juice and you gotta have it at the lobby on the second floor, which is kinda weird
- enclosed room, with no or 1 window, the entire hotel feels v enclosed
- fa from main shopping and sight seeing district, however train is very convenient
- mattress is hard. I could feel the spring

Verdict
- if I have a chance I would not stay in this hotel again, it is basic and adequate and the first impression it gave me on their lobby and breakfast is enough to make me want to try other hotels if I were to visit seoul.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heitou
Reviewed 7 August 2013

All desk staff speaks good English and takes all request seriously. Even prior to my arrival, they have replied all my emails with quick response time. It was a delight to finally meet them and to know that they acceded to all my requests. I was surprised to find out that the bathroom was as huge as my bedroom. Free WIFI access throughout the property. Each room also comes with a dedicated PC that also acts a a free pay movie control. Full bathroom amenities with its spectrum meeting the standards of a 5 star property. They even have aftershave splash, facial moisturiser, toner etc. The gym is ample and the washing machines and dryers at the basement makes it an excellent choice for the light traveller. Despite the winter chill upon checking out, the staff strongly insisted to take my bags for me to the bus stand at Renaissance Hotel. He mentioned, "No Sir, I must for its Korean hospitality."

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo