“Best customer service I have ever had”
Review of Nox Hotel

Nox Hotel
Ranked #161 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 23 March 2014

During our trip to Seoul, we have had an airbnb reservation that was not the most comfortable place and apparently hard to find even for Korean taxi drivers. So, we decided to find a replacement lodging. Luckily we found Nox hotel. The hotel is pretty modern and I would consider it as a value hotel. We (a family of four adults) stayed in their biggest room and was pretty comfortable.
Dustin, a customer service rep, who speaks really good English helped us tremendously (None of not speak Korean). He actually came to the old place, helped us lifting our suitcases to the main road (taxis were not willing to drive through the tiny roads by the old place), talked to the taxi drivers (we have to get 3 taxis since we have 8 suitcases) to get back to Nox hotel. He also helped us find a good restaurant nearby, went with us to the restaurant (which there are many with several being 24 hour restaurants) and talked to them regarding our preferences. This hotel is trying really hard to be a leader in customer service as Dustin would inferred.

It is true that this place used to be a love hotel but this did not affect our experience at this hotel in the slightest. Free wi-fi in every room, free bottled water, free (though, really simple: boiled eggs, toasts, OJ, milk, 2 types of cereal) breakfast (you can also venture to nearby restaurant if you like), and a decent gym. As far as location, it is very close to the Yeoksam station (exit #8) and you might discover that the subway is the most comfortable method of transportation in Korea and literally get you anywhere in Seoul. Overall, this hotel gives the most for your buck and

Room Tip: If you have a party of 4, ask for the largest room in the corner.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Iwan N

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here for one night on the tail end of my trip. Having stayed in the intercontinental for three nights beforehand, this hotel for me, was ideal.

Airport bus stop outside the large hotel around the corner, 5mins walk to the metro station, bars restaurants and shops at the doorstep, free wifi (intercontinental charge for wifi in the rooms!) even had a book of takeaway menus.

Unfortunately, i stayed when there happened to be construction works going on next door so it was very noisy.

The entrance to the hotel is on a hill, and once you enter, is a little dark and suspect, as were the corridors. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful.

What I especially loved is that they gave a pack with a toothbrush, shampoo, face ask, bubble bath, razor, panty liner, the lot!

The wetroom had all the toiletries needed, but they were bulk bought so had obviously been there for the several guests before me and would be left for the several other guests after me. My imagination got the better of me so I didn't touch a thing.

On your arrival, the porter takes you to your room and explains how to use the air con and switch on the tv (the remotes are in Korean). Please take note of how to use the air con - I listened as best I could but didn't really understand what the guy was saying. I thought to myself I'd figure it out when he goes. I didn't and ended up in a 29C room.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay even though I was there for less than a day and couldn't figure out the air con.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Annetteeee
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Don't be fooled, this is a LOVE hotel converted into a "business" or "boutique" hotel. The low ceilings, glass bathroom doors, small windows facing brick walls, and red lights highlighting the room numbers are reminiscent of the former Love hotel days. I'm not sure why other people think this is a gem find. If you are traveling by yourself, this hotel will do since the location is great and near GFC. I would not stay here with a gf or family. I would also be embarrassed to bring someone back here.
The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. Bathrooms look very nice. The beds are extremely hard though. The price is cheap. I would not recommend this hotel to friends or stay here again. I checked out early and stayed down the street at the Renaissance.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Not a bad option if you must stay in the Gangdam area and you are on a tight budget. Hotel (or more like a motel) is located in a back alley in Yeoksam area, next to other similar hotels that all look like they were converted from love hotels into business hotels.

The lighting in the room is rather "love hotel" like ... and can be annoying if you are staying for other reasons. The room has way too much technology - 2 PCs, a very large TV. It looks like an internet cafe within a bedroom. Thankfully, my room came with a (very small) window. The mattress was also extremely hard and the pillows are horrible.

On the plus side, the staff and service is excellent and prompt. They are all extremely polite and attentive.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in NOX for 3 nights from 29 Sept to 2 Oct. It is a 4-minute walk from Yeoksam Station Exit 8, and there are plenty of eateries within the vicinity. (Paris Baguette, Coffine Gurunaru and Jongno Kimbap are on the street right behind the hotel.) We arrived at 10am, but the kind staff let us check in right away. (They spoke very good English too.) Room was small but clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, bathroom was very spacious with a huge jacuzzi bathtub and high-tech / automated toilet bowl. The free WIFI was strong and fast, the PC was a great bonus.

All in all, it is really a value-for-money place to stay in Gangnam. Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank estellebyul
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Loved this hotel, the service was great, the hotel room fridge was filled and re-filled with free canned drinks. Spacious Room!

Pros
- I love that when I come out from the hotel, there is so many eateries around! There is a shop which sell awesome pork soup, and there is also English menu given, any shop selling great Korean sushi rolls.
- I love the fact that it is a walking distance to the subway.
- Clean Rooms and spacious.
- Friendly and helpful staff.
- There is breakfast provided free everyday at the hotel, not much variety, but I am thankful for it .
Cons
- It is actually a little far from the place I wanted to go, but its near to Jamsil station.. Lotte World.
- The warm heater was really effective, did called to tell them, and they said it's already on. Maybe I am really too scared of the cold.

Well overall is a good and decent place to stay if you don't mind to travel a little bit to reach your destination.

Room Tip: Ask for a Non Smoking Level/Room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

It's cheap, well-managed, free wifi, free breakfast (basic), helpful staffs. We stayed 2 times at this hotel. We never disappointed. Close to transport, easy access to Limousine Bus to airport. Even the hotel manager insist to drag our heavy suitcases. Close to Korean grill restaurant. Few steps to 24/7 convenience store.

Room Tip: Don't forget to ask the non-smoking floor if you are not smoking.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple