“Solid, but not a 4* hotel”

Ranked #119 of 472 Hotels in Seoul
Stuttgart
“Solid, but not a 4* hotel”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Very good service in a standard hotel. Everybody is unbelievably friendly. The rooms are small though and there is no Wifi, and no heating in the bathroom.
The breakfast is Korean Style and therefore not to compare with European breakfast, but its OK, nothing fancy.
There is no Spa, Gym or anything else that most modern 4* hotels have to offer nowadays.
The Situation of the hotel is good, in the heart of the city, with good access to trains and taxis any time of the day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, 14 April 2015
Dear.daniel86

On behalf of all the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your business and do look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future. We truly appreciate your comments and utilize this information to improve our operation to better serve our valued guests.

First off, I am glad to know that our staff was polite and courteous, friendly and also very happy that you liked the guest room is clean with all the features.

And i would like to apologize you for your inconvenience due to heater system. our heating system is centralize, so if you feel cold or hot, please any time call to front desk, then our staff will be help you immediately.

Also, now wifi is all the room setting in separately, so you can use in the room any time for free.

I will definitely share your comments with all of our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you soon when you visit us again on your next trip to Seoul.

Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The hotel is poorly decorated, most of the staff couldn't speak fluent english and wasn't able to offer help most of the time (one even gave very poor direction guidance). for a hotel that's newly opened this year, the rooms looked like very aged. the one good part is there is actually a bed room dorr within the room, which gave a little bit more flexibility if one person wants to sleep while the other watches TV. HOWEVER, the living room has only 2 wooden chairs (ones you would see in a restaurants), and no table, no sofa of any sort either. Shower quality is also below par with poor water connections. It is located in the heart of Seoul, however fairly distant from all of the Subway lines (meaning you need to walk 10+ mins one way). taxi could be a fair substitute if you can find one that actually knows the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun hotel. overall, the stay was below avg, and would not come back, definitely not worth the 4 stars and prices.

Room Tip: ask for rooms that's NOT right next to the elevator (e.g. room 315 is right next to the elevator...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank windumat
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, 23 March 2015
Dear. windumat

GM are concerned of your comment.

pleasant and comfortable as possible.

you.

Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun

Travellers are raving about these Seoul hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Heavily marketed as a business hotel, Ramada Dongdaemun is rather far from the claim. You do see many leisure patrons though.

Room:
The only space I had to do work was the dressing table, but it does not have a PowerPoint, hence I had to call upon the hotel staff to bring an extension cord so that I can charge my laptop as I work. Also, there's no wifi in the room.

Breakfast:
It's virtually impossible to get a seat because the breakfast room is packed from 8.50am. The wait staff looked past me many times and did not even come up to offer help. In the end, we had to buy breakfast at the cafe in the front of the hotel. As a business person wanting a quick coffee, Ramada is certainly not the best.

Elevator:
The wait time for the elevator is long and that could be because of it's inefficient lift system. There are 2 lifts but they operate separately - when u press one of the lift buttons, it only work for that particular one. Eventually, most people would call both lifts as they aren't sure which will come first. Sometimes you get 2 lifts coming up for u at the same time.

Location:
It's a great location for leisure visitors wanting to shop at the Dongdaemun market, but it's a distance away from the business districts. With peak hour traffic, it took me some time to get around.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank Mumbailing
Dear. Mumbailing

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun. I would like to apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. All of our head of officer including GM are concerned of your comment. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Concerning amenities of the hotel, we have changed another brand as you did not satisfying. We had many test for guest’s satisfying before we changed it. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I look forward to personally welcoming you and you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 November 2011

room - huge with washing machine ... nice!
housekeeping - average .. spotted stains on my comforter and request to change .. my friends who stay in the next room told me that their toilet bowls were not cleaned
location - average ... in between 2 train stations, takes 10mins walk to either of them ...
3 mins walk to airport bus station right outside western co-op...
amenities - nearest 24hr outlet at western co-op, if your package doesnt include bfast, the nearest place is a cafe on your left when you exit the hotel.. free wi-fi at the cafe though limited food choice & tasteless coffee
front desk staff were polite and their english standard was relatively good and understood our questions and gladly translated the places we wana go into korean so we could pass to the cab driver ...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Bored22
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, 3 April 2015
Dear.Bored22

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This hotel is decent, but a little weird, at least by Western standards. The rooms have in-floor heat ("ondol"), which is comfy, but there is no way to control the room temperature that I could see. Since the rooms were too warm (26C or 79F), there were 2 solutions -- open the windows (and get mosquitoes) or turn on the AC -- neither one very good.

The breakfast buffet (including in my room price) was also decent, but a little lacking in choices for Westerners -- I'm not fond of highly spiced squid for breakfast, for example. Breads, eggs, fruit, cereal all present though, so there were some options.

No free WiFi except in the lobby -- wired Internet in the room was US$20 per night (didn't get it) -- but found there was a somewhat usable WiFi signal from someplace outside if I put my iPhone right next to the window!

Bed was too soft for my taste -- my back was a little sore most mornings. But the people in the lobby were helpful with little things.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RobertTheRed
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I stayed in 2 different rooms over my 3 nights in Seoul. The first was on the floor 2, and was incredibly comfy and clean, with a 'luxurious' feel.

The second was in floor 11, and this was a real treat, despite being slightly less lushious. With the 11th floor came some of the best views of Seoul I have ever seen, particularly at night with the bright lights of the city twinkling below.

The location is in the heart of Seoul, and will delight shoppers as nearby marts, stores and markets stay open 24 hours. There are also a number of bars just down the road, and a coffee shop right next door (it looked like the hotel were building their own lobby cafe whilst I was there also).

A standout aspect was the staff, who were very friendly, approachable and helpful at all times.

Breakfast was vast, with an array of fresh Korean and western dishes to choose from.

The only negative was that there was no free wifi in the rooms, only in the (chilly) lobby, which I found a bit inconvenient.

Overall, I found this hotel perfect for my touring / working holiday, but I think it would also work well for a couple on a romantic trip, or friends exploring the city.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anniedonette
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The Hotel has a good location and it's new (or just fully refurbished), indeed my rooms strongly smelt of "new furniture"... that made my stay unpleasant, but fortunately hotel management was very good and they changed me the room so finally room was good. Breakfast so so, can be better for a 4stars, elevators are too slow and a bit inefficient. however service was great and staff very friendly with good English level, not common in Korea. All in all was a good choice, I might come back :-)

Room Tip: Definitely top floors
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Kang K, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Seoul Dongdaemun, responded to this review, 15 April 2015
Dear. captbrix

In case of breakfast buffet, daily we change hot dish menu to accommodate many guests’ opinions.