“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 468 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

Loved it! Service was prompt and polite, property was very clean and well-maintained. Location to a major shopping mall and subway was excellent as well. No complaints and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2014
Dear Mr. David L,

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us with your fantastic review on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, your compliment comment truly inspired and motivated all of us and it has been shared with all our associates.

At Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, creating a warm connection with our valued guests is one of our top priorities and we will continually work towards providing most exceptional service.

We highly appreciate you for considering our hotel for your next visit and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you.

Matthias Sutter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

My trip continues, Spent the last 4 days in Seoul at the Sherton. The room were spacious, clean. satff was very firendly and proffesional. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were some of the best I have slept on. The view was fantastic. Stayed on the club floor and the club amenities were very good. The subway stop is is #2 line is right out the front entrance (main) and to the left. Very easy to get around, Well off to Thailand

Room Tip: club floor, breakfast while limited menu is very good. A nice quiet place to relax after a long day
1 Thank Fred B
Dear Mr./Ms. Fred B,

Warm greeting from the Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our spacious guestrooms, spectacular views, variety privileges for club guests.

All of our dedicated associates are renowned for their warmth and personalized service, we will continually work towards providing warm and genuine service and exceeding our guest expectations.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Writing this message after a sleepless night.
2 absolute not acceptable experiences:
1.) while arriving in the middle of the night at the room, no tootbrush available. Only a piece of paper saying that if you need one you should call some service. While not being fond of a) looking for the service, b) calling and c) waiting after midnight for such a mandatory thing, it was the first time ever in a SPG hotel to make such an unpleasant experience. If the hotel claims "enviroment" reasons to save 20 cent on a tootbrush but upsets a client, this might be the wrong approach of saving money.
2.) The A/C is a total disaster: 20 sec. ventilation, switching on with loud sound, 20 second silence and again and again. Woke up after 3h and couldn`t sleep anymore.
Unfortunately did a pre-payment and can`t leave after this day, but definitely was the last stay in this hotel.

The responsible manager already explained with copy and paste answer that the lack of a tooth brush is due to "government regulations". I ask myself why all other 5 star hotels in Seoul can provide this mandatory service.
The A-C was explained to be like that as it is very sensitive around 20°C. I ask myself why you need to install such a device for whom a client needs to make a PhD first to understand how it works.

The reason why I use a five star hotel (150 nights a year, with high tier at all major associations) is to avoid stress and have relaxed time. both criteria were definitely not met here. Second and last stay at this hotel.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KarlKuffner
Dear Mr./Ms. Karlkuffner,

First of all, we highly appreciate you for taking the time to provide us a very valuable feedback which assists us greatly in monitoring our services and facilities.

It came to my attention that you had an unpleasant experience during your stay regarding no toothbrush setup in your room and noise of air conditioning system, I am writing to you today to express my sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations on this occasion.

As for the unpleasant experience, we have personally addressed this issue with our Housekeeping and Engineering team to find ways of further improvement.
All of our guests well being and comfort is very important to us, we will do our utmost to enhance the quality of our hotel experience.

I understand that our apologies will not make up for the inconvenience you have experienced with us however, it would be greatly appreciated if you could kindly give us an opportunity in the near future of welcoming you back when we will do our utmost to restore your faith in Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

If your travels bring you back to Seoul, please do contact me directly so that I can take personal responsibility of your stay.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed over 500 nights in hotels in past 3 years and I was really impressed with the facility and customer service here. My room was spotless clean and staff was very friendly, caring and professional.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Mr. Jvo69,

Thank you very much your recent stay with Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.
I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with our facilities and genuine service by our delicated associates. .

We are expecting you to visit us again in near future.

Thank you very much.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for three nights in mid August. Very friendly staff and beautiful hotel with fab views. Room was lovely, good size with lots of space!

Location of the hotel was perfect, it is right on top of train station. Direct train about half hour into centre of Seoul. The hotel is also part of a lovely shopping centre, so lots close by if needed.

We didn't have breakfast so can't comment on that. My only criticisms are the following:
- I thought the room could have serviced to a better standard. The tea/coffee wasn't restocked. It might sound minor but I do love my tea!
Second thing is the lack of internet - you could only get free internet in the lobby. I think there is no reason for any hotel to charge for internet these days. Disappointing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
2 Thank zebie12
Dear Mr./Ms Zebie12,

Thank you very much for sharing you feedback with other travelers on Tripadvisor.
We are pleased to read that your recent 3 nights with us at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel was enjoyable with spectacular views and convenient location which is directly connected to the Sindorim station (lines 1 & 2).

Your comment regarding Wi-Fi in guestrooms has been duly noted. We continually benchmark with other hotels in the city to ensure that our hotel always remains competitive, and only our Club rooms and above have complimentary Internet at this stage.
We do apologize for any disappointment caused and we will look into further ways of improvement.

We sincerely thank you for your feedback and should you plan to travel back to Seoul in the near future, please let me know so I can assist you with the arrangements personally.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Good for: 1.Comfortable bed in a cozy room. 2. Nice concierge assistants. 3. Near Sindorim subway station with neighboring Home plus market and Technomart. 4. Near shopping centers around Yeongdeungpo station. 5. Near outlet malls around Gasan digital complex.
Bad for: 1. The receptionists at front desk are not friendly.2.Too far to reach Gangnam or Dongdaemun. 3. Not convenient or not environment-friendly for passing through the lobby at 41th floor on the top of hotel when going into/out of the room via two elevators each time.

Room Tip: Rooms far from the subway station are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Matthias_Sutter, General Manager at Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Mr. Douglas S,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to provide us a valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us due to our comfortable sweet sleeper bed, convenient location and our genuine care by concierge associates. However, we have duly noted your comments in regards to our inhospitable front desk staff and therefore I like to apologize. Please rest assured that we addressed it with our team and that proper training has been implemented.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could kindly give us an opportunity in the near future of welcoming you back when we will do our utmost to restore your faith in Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

This new hotel is in a newer area of Seoul, so new that not one of four taxi drivers could find it without using GPS. Trying to return to the hotel my first night out became a scary challenge as the Sheraton key and key holder do not have the hotel name or address, although on request you get a direction card. (Advice to hotel. Give this at check in and work with D Cube City to educate taxi drivers on location).

The hotel itself is beautiful but suffers from from a design flaw requiring every guest to take two elevators to get to a guest room. As they often had waits, it was roughly a five minute vertical commute. It also seemed longer as you go to the top floor where the "lobby" and restaurant are located and then switch elevator banks to go down to your room. After a couple days stay, me and several other guests I met, realized you can switch at the 28th health club floor and save a couple minutes. If they had this indicated in the elevator we wouldn't all have to discover it ourselves.

The health club is spacious, with excellent and varied equipment and well-staffed but my colleague and I had the same bad experience of not understanding the Korean instructions on the treadmill, not knowing how to turn on the English and therefore not getting video or our preferred workout. Despite having few other guests exercising, we both received no attention, no offer of help, water, or towel. Staff in facility needs customer service training.

While the gym was free, the sauna cost 22,000 K ($22) each use! Even the same day!

The absurd pricing extended also to wi fi. Also $22 a day! Highest I ever paid! I felt ripped off!

The breakfast buffet is nice but also pricey. As the hotel is connected to a mall there are lots of close options. I fell for the pre-arrival marketing giving me the "lower discounted" price if I committed to the buffet before arrival. The suits thinking of these things should put themselves in the customer shoes!

The rooms are appropriate and fully stocked (at least on the Club level where I stayed). Free water! Always appreciated after the long un-air conditioned elevator. Both my colleagues and I had the same complaint that like most hotels, they do not design for the fact that as men age they must use the bathroom in the middle of the night. This room design is particularly dangerous for mid-night bathroom use in the dark as you must navigate the toilet door sticking out. One colleague left the closet light on. The easy fix is a $1 bathroom nightlight. I should start bringing one with me on travels. I often use the lights in closets or make up mirrors. Hotels would save on electric bills with night lights!

They also put me and my business colleagues on the same floor near each other. It may be just me, but I would rather not hear their shower, toilet and choice of TV. Again, be in the customers shoes..ask about preference!

All in all, the hotel is top of line for a Sheraton. It has a good location with the mall, metro and choice of local cuisine. But not great if you want touristy or other nearby hotels.

1 Thank Ninja_Innovator
Dear Mr./Ms. Ninja_Innovator,

We sincerely appreciate you for taking a valuable time to provide us a warmhearted feedback, which assists us greatly in monitoring our services and facilities.

We are glad to read that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and your detailed suggestions are greatly appreciated and carefully considered so that we may continue to strive to improve the services of Sheraton Seoul D Cube City Hotel.

All of our guests’ wellbeing and comfort is very important to us, we will do our utmost to enhance the quality of our hotel experience and continue to strive to be your preferred hotel to stay in Seoul.

I extend our very best wishes and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the in the near future.