“Comfortable and accessible”

Ranked #26 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for several months on business with my family. The service is excellent; the staff at all levels went out of their way to accommodate us and ensure our comfort, and all hotel employees are extremely professional. Despite being on top of a large shopping mall, the property clearly caters to the business set (I assume this is what differentiates Lotte City from other Lotte hotels), and the 'touch and feel' of the property, while still decidedly upscale, felt just a little spartan. The rooms were a bit small for a family, and the beds were a little hard for my taste, as well, but I was willing to overlook it in part because of the service, the incorporated shopping mall and parks on the property with an array of dining and kid-friendly activities, and easy access to Seoul. Despite the proximity to the airport, noise was at a minimum. The hotel has direct access to three subway lines, so although it is a bit removed from Seoul proper, you still have easy access to the city via public transportation, if you're going to be there for a little while.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the airport have views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Austin B
marumachi, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Mr.Austin B

Warm greeting from Lotte city hotel gimpo airport.
Thank you for booking your travel accommodation with Lotte city hotel gimpo airport in avance.

Your review on Tripadvisor is very appreciated and encouraging our entire staff.
We are extremely happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay at Lotte city hotel gimpo airport.
We always try to provide better facilities and enhanced services.
I'm looking forward to seeing you soon in the nearest future.

Have a good day.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I flew into Incheon and stayed here with my daughter while awaiting an early connecting flight out of Gimpo. The hotel was clean and comfortable and quiet, despite airplanes landing nearby. Bathroom was fine, and had both tub and shower. The desk staff proved pleasant and helpful. I did not stay for breakfast, so cannot comment on that. I felt it was a bit pricey for an airport hotel, as its best feature is its location. The hotel is atop a mall with many restaurants, Lotte Supermarket, and even a good bakery. Gimpo's international terminal is just across the road, and the hotel has a shuttle that will take you there from 05:30. Seoul's excellent subway is also accessible below the hotel, as is the train directly to/from Incheon airport.
However, I'd offer a word of advice to those arriving by that train or by subway. To get to the hotel, the hotel's Web site says one should leave the train station via exit number 2. Be advised that exit 2 has only steps, no escalator. Once at ground level, there is an elevator up to a walkway that goes across the roadway to the hotel itself, but on my recent visit, that elevator was not operating. This discovery caused me to utter much sailor talk, having just hauled much luggage up many steps. If you have luggage, children or both, I recommend that you proceed past exit 2, just into the mall. Keep to your left, just a bit beyond Aunt Annie's pretzels, and you will find the hotel lobby elevator on the left, in a short hallway that is marked with an overhead sign. The elevator itself is labeled 'Hotel Guests Only', but one can access the lobby without a key card. According to a placard in the elevator, this option may not be available between 22:30 and 06:30.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank saverycreek

Dear,

Warm greeting from Lotte city hotel gimpo airport.

I'm very delighted that you had wonderful experience with Lotte City hotel Gimpo Airport.
And also it is very nice to hear that our associates were helpful.
We are always ready to assist you anytime you want.
So, if you have any chance to visit korea, please do not hesitate to select Lotte City hotel Gimpo Airport again.

Have a wonderful day.

Lotte City hotel Gimpo Airport

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Literally across the street from Gimpo airport and connected to a giant Lotte mall/department store/cinema/supermart complex, this hotel is great for tourists and business travelers who want to stay close to the hotel or for those who want to venture out to the city.

The room is very modern, and the finishing/furniture in the room are definitely on par for 4 star hotels, though the bathroom is a bit small with an odd tub/shower combo that only has a partial glass wall to prevent water splashing.

There IS a pertinent problem at this hotel with a really strong chemical odor in some of its rooms. I've stayed here twice and both times we had to ask for a room switch because after staying in the room reeking of chemicals for a couple of minutes, our throat will start to feel sore. But the management dealt with this problem promptly and professionally. Additionally, I wish they had more elevators as there are just two elevators serving for this mid-size hotel.

Breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant is pretty good in terms of the variety and freshness. It's got a good mixture of asian and american breakfast dishes.

Overall, high enough quality, great value, and convenient location of this hotel make a solid stay. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: 1. Ask for rooms that don't reek of chemicals 2. the Lotte mall definitely is worth a visit and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SueLee_1988

Dear Mr. Sue Lee

Warm greeting from Lotte city hotel gimpo airport.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
If you visit Korea again, please stay Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport again.
We will assist you with evelope service and facilities.

Thank you for your valuable feeback for Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a good day.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The hotel is convenient if you're taking an international flight. The staff is friendly and professional.

This hotel is part of a Korean chain. In other words, it is a hotel pretending to be luxurious but cutting corners wherever they can. Bathroom amenities will be absolutely bare bone. There will only be two towels for you to use (and reuse).

I had so many problems with this hotel, and the management did nothing to make up for their shortcomings.

My non smoking room had cigarette smoke billowing in through the vents. I was with my infant child.

The lights to the room are controlled only through an LCD panel built into the phone. They think it's high-tech fancy, but it's actually quite a pain. You have to go through multiple steps to turn off the lights, instead of just being able to flip a switch. What's worse is, the LCD screen malfunctioned during my stay, so the lights remained on at night until maintenance came to fix it. I am a guy, so it doesn't bother me, but imagine a solo female traveler having to call a dude to her room in the middle of the night, just as she's in her jammies about to go to bed.

I had a baby that doesn't like to use the blanket, so I turned off the thermostat. During the night the thermostat reset itself, and had been pumping out the AC. I woke up, terrified to find my baby's legs and arms ice-cold.

The next day, the TV wouldn't turn on.

I would not stay at this hotel, nor recommend it to anybody else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank BostonianT
marumachi, 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear. BostonianT

Good afternoon, sir.
First of all, thank you for using our hotel.
I’m writing this letter to express sorry after I read your opinion on the ‘Trip Advisior’ homepage.
I apologize for the inconvenience and uncomfortable experience you may felt.
We feel sorry that we provided you with a bad service although we always try to provide the best services to our customers that are always our priority.

Thank you for the opportunity that enables us to look for better ways to manage our hotel more efficiently.
We are going to do our best to each of our customers through this opportunity you gave us.

We can make progress through these opinions like yours. Please give us your full of care and love, and we will sincerely provide you with a better service if you visit us in the near future.
Lastly, if you have any inquiry and something to ask, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

I hope your days are going well with lots of happiness.

17th of July, 2014
ROOMS, LOTTE CITY HOTEL
HEAD MANAGER, JUNG HEE YOON

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Spend 1 night, excellent restaurant ground floor with very good buffet menu. Fair wine selection. Little or no noise from airport across the street. Elevator 1 floor down leads to Lotte shopping mail behind hotel, vast selection of shops, restaurants, etc. Recommend location if you have late or early morning flight. Price hotel little high but well worth it. Friendly staff, good English.

Room Tip: Room on shopping mall side, not front of hotel towards airport terminal.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Chris3436
marumachi, 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Thank you for your stay at LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT

First of all, we are very grateful for your valuable feedback.

Our hotel is located from 10min from GIMPO AIRPORT. And there are 3 lines of subway underneath out hotel building and lots of bus stop around hotel. So, I think that we have the best accessibility to public transportation system.

If you stay our LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT next time when you visit Korea again, Please visit our hotel again. We will assist you with developed service.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback for LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT.

If you need any further assistance not only our hotel, also anything about Korea,
please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Good facility. Room is quite small, however, it is good for business purpose. Staffs are very kind!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JH S

Thank you for your stay with LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT
I am very delighted that you had wonderful experience with our hotel.
Your review on tripadvisor.com will be valuable advice for not only the other potential guest to decide our hotel also LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT. I hope to see you again in near future.
If you have any further inquiries regarding hotel, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Have a nice day
HEE YOUN JUNG
Manager
LOTTE CITY HOTEL GIMPO AIRPORT

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The facilities are very good, brand new, the room is spacious and very modern, very quiet, bed and pillow very confortable.
The staff very friendly and helpfull.
The location is excelent cause is located right by the train station as well inside a mall, very convenient.
The breakfast not good, not many western food options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank renata g
marumachi, 매니저 at Lotte City Hotel Gimpo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

It's always a great pleasure to have you regularly here at Lotte City hotel Gimpo Airport, and thank you for your loyal patronage.
Your review on Tripadvisor is very much appreciated and encouraging our entire staff, we are extremely happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our Hotel.

We will try our best to help you to have great business trip at all times, and our entire staff members are looking forward to meeting you the nearest future.

We will guarantee you another wonderful stay.

Warm Regards,