Chocolate Tree
  • Restaurant
US$174
US$164
Agoda.com
All reviewssinchon stationchocolate crepesinchon areausual hostelpeanut butter jellybudget optiongreen eggsprivate bathroomcommon kitchenbathroom doorgreen linefree breakfastfloor heatingcomfortable stayconvenient locationairport bushongdae
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Our 2 nights stay here were great. Location is near to Sinchon station, just a 5-minute walk. Staffs I met are all friendly.Room space is not that big but just enough for its price. Bathroom is a little bit small for me. Overall, our stay was great and would like to go back here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My wife and I was fortunate to chose Chocolate Tree (CT) for our lodging in our first trip to Seoul. Despite us arriving really late (1am+), Sam was there to receive us and assist us in great details on where, when and what to do for our impromptu Seoul trip. Throughout our stay, all of the staffs never fail to make us feel welcome and help us out in booking and checking reservations for shows, air port queries on claiming tax and etc.

The room and toilet is clean, cosy and comes with strong wifi signals. On top of the basic facilities in the room, there is a desktop PC for surfing the net and a enormous LED TV. Nearby are dotted with convenience stores and a few famous eateries. Our favourite BBQ happens to be right beside CT, is always buzzing with customers,to try out BBQing meat on oil barrels stoves if you are there!

Sinchon subway station is a short walk away and easily connect us to everywhere esle in Seoul City. For those that has problem climbing stairs however, do try to arrange your rooms to be on the ground level. Overall the experience with CT is excellent.

Room Tip: For those that has problem climbing stairs however, do try to arrange your rooms to be on the ground level. There are no lift in this low rise, walk up apartment style guesthouse.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Desmond N
Reviewed 9 September 2013

It's my second times to stay in chocolate tree(CT) ;)the staffs from the CT are really nice and friendly,they will just treat u as their own friends.When you visit CT,you will feel like being back home ,caus CT has everything u want like laundry room,kitchen ,free WIFI ...etc. n CT located near from Subway station,its really convient for travellers n alos CT is a good place to meet new friends from all over the world;)they have party on Wednesdays ,it was really fun to join with them drinking n talking ,pretty cool;)in CT, travelers could really have great time in Seoul!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Viola C
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I was nervous for my first trip to Seoul, especially by myself, but as soon as I came to Chocolate Tree, I felt right at home. The staff was so helpful, kind, and spoke English well. It is close to Sinchon subway station and the airport bus stop, and super easy to find, even when I was tired from jet-lag and carrying my luggage. Jin even ordered chinese food delivery for me one night when it was raining crazy monsoon-style - thanks again for that, you're a lifesaver, Jin! I appreciated all the free amenities, especially wi-fi and breakfast. Such a good value in the middle of Seoul! Thanks for everything, I will come again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dorthy S
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Chocolate Tree is situated relatively near to the Sinchon subway station. The rooms are clean and big enough able to accommodate the three of us and our large luggage. The room itself is well-equipped with a flat screen TV, desktop, and a private bathroom. The beds are slightly harder than we expected, but are still comfortable enough for us to sleep through the night. Face towels are also provided.

The staff are all friendly and can converse well in English. We were welcomed warmly despite arriving late in the night. Throughout our stay in Chocolate Tree, we have received endless help from the staff. A special thanks to Jin, who was always ready to help with our numerous requests and questions. Chocolate tree also provides services like wifi egg rental and booking of NANTA tickets at discounted prices.

Chocolate Tree provides a cozy feel – especially the basement where breakfast is served. The staff were a great help to us during our visit in Korea and we would definitely choose to stay at Chocolate Tree again for future visits!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends