“Convenient Location, Friendly Staff & Value for Money Stay!”
Review of Chocolate Tree

Chocolate Tree
Ranked #12 of 958 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We (two couples) stayed a total of six nights from 23 Apr 14 to 29 Apr 14 in two double en-suit rooms (Rooms 302 and 303). Chocolate Tree is conveniently located as it is within 5-minute walk from Sinchon subway station and walking distance from Hongdae and Ewha shopping areas. There are also a number of eateries near Chocolate Tree which served yummy good food (e.g. Seo Seo Galbi for stand-and-eat beef, Palsaek Samgyeopsal for 8-flavoured BBQ pork and Issac Toast for delicious sandwiches for breakfast). The rooms and toilets are clean and cosy. Each room comes with toiletries (shampoo, body shower, facial foam, towels, etc), a fridge, a desktop computer for surfing the net and a large LED TV which will be even more wonderful if complete with a TV guide. The staff at Chocolate Tree are so friendly and helpful and we would like to say a BIG Thank You to Eric and Mei for the great hospitality!! We will certainly stay at Chocolate Tree again!!! :))

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank weifanggg
There are newer reviews for Chocolate Tree

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed for 17 nights in Chocolate Tree and I like to recommend it to everyone who plans to visit Seoul.
The hotel staff is very friendly, helpful and speaks very good English. They take very good care of their guests, and help you with all your questions in all situations.
The rooms are very clean, comfortable and very good equipped so you could rest or sleep very well there. The hotel has a very good service, you can borrow a lot of things if you need something , or you can order food, as well as an airport cargo etc..
The hotel is located 5 minutes from Sinchon station. Based on the directions you can find the hotel very easy. Near to that place there are many shops , restaurants , metro, as well as bars or clubs . The hotel is very central and therefore easily accessible.
I felt very good at Chocolate Tree and when I get back to Seoul I definitely would choose Chocolate Tree again .
Chocolate Tree is the best decision for a good place to live in Seoul.
Thank you very much for the great time & see you soon :)!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kimberly783
Reviewed 19 April 2014

CT guesthouse is conveniently located in Sinchon, within 5 mins walking distance to Sinchon subway station. From here I walked to the Ehwa Women Uni and Hongdae area nearby. The G-Mart is just next to the subway station and you may consider to buy your stuffs here if you don't want to purposely travel to Lotte Mart in Seoul Station.
The staffs at CT were very helpful and accommodating. They even sell stamps and helped me to post my postcard.
I stayed in the basement double room for 3 nights. It's a bit small for the two of us with big luggages. The toilet has a translucent glass but it also comes with a curtain. Shampoos and even face cleanser and toothpaste are available in the toilet. The room has a heating-floor which kept me warm during the cold days. Each room is equipped with a desktop and also a TV. Free wifi access is available in the room. But unfortunately I couldn't enjoy this facility as the desktop was unable to connect to the internet during my stay there. The dining area is at the basement. It's easy for us to reach the dining area but on the other hand, we were being disturbed by noises when people gathered in the dining area. Free nail polishes are available at the corner of the dining area. There is also a weighing machine available near the reception.

Room Tip: choose the higher floor if you don't want to be awakened by noises from the dining area, but you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank June H
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

I recently got married in Seoul and I booked rooms in CT for my parents and best friends from Canada, as well as a room for my husband and I for our wedding night~! The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean, and we all felt really comfortable. The staff even bought us a cake to congratulate us on getting married ^^ The location was great too - near the subway, near Hongdae, and near our wedding festivities! Thanks CT.

Also, my friend wanted to say sorry because her husband thought the facewash was his wife's and packed it >< They didn't mean to take it and wanted to say sorry!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovecbc
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Stayed at Backpackers Korea (by the same boss) the first time I went to Seoul 2 years ago. It was an awesome stay so I decided to go back to them with no second thoughts for this trip.

Location: Just about 5mins walk from Sinchon station which is just one stop away from Ehwa Women's Uni and Hongdae. Sinchon itself has almost all the facial brands too. Just be prepared for a short steep slope just before reaching the hostel. Oh. There's a unique bbq place just up the slope too. People just stand around some big drums and bbq. Long queue during lunch time and closes quite early.

Room: Simple and clean with all the basic needs. Private toilet, not like most hostels where you have to share. TV, computer, wifi, hairdryer, fridge, shampoo, shower foam, toothpaste, towel.

Facilities: Pantry where you can mingle with the staffs and other travellers. Bread, jam, coffee, tea, radio, guitar, and even nail polish! I think there's a mini kitchen and washing machine too.

Service: Awesome young team of staffs who know english and some chinese too. They have a drinking night every wednesday if there is enough people at 5,000won only. Free wifi egg available for rental (promo period only I think) so that you have internet connection everywhere you go. Think they offer tours to some places for minimum 4 pax too.

Price: Reasonable price and you get all the good stuffs mentioned above!

Highly recommended!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Linnyhanny
Reviewed 7 April 2014

-all the staffs are so helpful and friendly, very informative
-location is good, nearby the Sinchon metro station
- Environment and facilities is so great, i feel like just stay my home in Seoul

Little improvement
- no water in each room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Hi~This is my Second times to stay at chocolate tree. All staff are so nice. We had a great time at there. All the Environment and
facilities are great. I think i will stay at chocolate tree next time. Hope can see you soon!!! Thank U^^

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends