“Great services and great location!”
Review of Chocolate Tree

Chocolate Tree
Ranked #15 of 959 Seoul B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Chocolate Tree is a really good place to stay at. One of the most important reasons is because of its great location. It is near some of the great universities like Yonsei, Ewha and Hongik (which means there are also many shopping places and restaurants!). You'll just have to walk a few minutes to get there, no need for you to ride a bus if you are really trying to save your money for shopping like me haha. Also, the guesthouse is near subway stations. Seogang is the closest, just maybe 1 to 2 minutes walk which is very convenient! CT is also close to Sinchon subway ^^
Another great thing about its location is that there are many restaurants, cafes and convenience store near CT. Some of them are even open for 24 hours so you won't have a problem when you're hungry late at night.

Another good thing about chocolate tree is its excellent services. We really love how clean and comfortable our room was (we stayed in a double room for 3 nights and a twin room for 4 nights). There is a private bathroom with shampoo, body wash, facial wash and tooth paste that you can use! I think it is very convenient for travelers like us so thank you CT! ^^

Oh, there is also a widescreen tv, mini fridge, computer and a blow dryer inside the room which I think is perfect, all the things that i really need was provided in the room.
Another great thing about CT is the dining area where you can get a free breakfast (toast, jam, coffee, tea etc.). Me and my friend were always having our breakfast at around 10 or 11am. It was really late but we could still eat the free breakfast there unlike in other guesthouses wherein you can only eat your free breakfast within a certain time. So yeah, this is great for travelers who wake up late but wants to have a quick breakfast before going out :)
And by the way, you could also use the mini kitchen if you want to cook something (we cooked some ramyeon late at night hahaha.)

Lastly, I like Chocolate Tree because of its friendly staffs. We felt really comfortable talking to them, especially Eric, who always greeted us with a smile. He was really funny and kind. We are also very grateful to Roy (i think that's his name), Mei and Dee. Everyone was always willing to help us. I remember Dee who actually cooked our ramyeon for us because we didn't know how to use the stove (actually we didn't know how to cook the ramyeon hahahah)

One thing i have to say though, the twin room that we got was really good but the only problem that we had was the location of the tv. normally the tv would be in front of our bed but it was on the opposite side so yeah. Not really a big deal though because we don't watch tv that much but maybe some people who will be staying in the same room might not like it. :)

But really, all in all, Chocolate Tree is definitely an excellent guesthouse and we will surely come back here when we go to korea again! ^-^ Thank you Chocolate Tree!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andrea C

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is my second time in seoul, and I chose CT this time. CT located in Sinchon, which near ihwa university and hongik university, super great for shopping.

The room which I stayed is quite big, and has individual toilet, with shampoo, cleaning foam and other basic stuffs.

And the staffs in CT are all very friendly, all of them can speak English, and a staff can speak Cantonese and madarin.

Highly recommend ^^

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

First time staying at CT, those staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean and comfortable.
However, I hope that a coin exchange machine will locate beside the laundry dryer machine because the machine can only accept one 500 coin.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Highly recommended hostel in Seoul. This is my first time staying in a hostel as Im not comrtable with toilet sharing. T...he toilets come with shampoo, bath form and facial wash with towels provided. Very Convenient location with food and shopping everywhere.The most important thing is the great friendly staff at Chocolate tree! They were very helpful , gave us directions to places of visit.Thanks to great friendly staff. During our stay my friend and myself watned to develop some photos and one of the staff helped us with the that without us having the hassle to go around around looking for photo studios. My friend wanted mail back some of her shopping and the staff helped her with that!Thanks so much to the great homely service...I would give Chocolate tree a Wow!5 star! will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is my second time staying over at CT, however this is my first attempt staying alone. The staffs has been very helpful and the room has been very clean and comfortable. However would like to feedback that the wifi in the rooms and the wifi egg that has been provided for rental has been a bit weak. If the strength can be improved that will be greater.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location is good and is easy to transfer to any other places. The room is clean and cozy. Can sence their circumspection from all the facilities and services they provide. The staff are all friendly and helpful. It is the place where I will choose again for my next trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I had a great stay in Chocolate Tree. The room were clean. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. CT is near Sinchon Station where it is convenient for travelling. Overall, it is a comfortable stay. :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family