“Great location”

Ranked #29 of 471 Hotels in Seoul
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were in Seoul for a conference, with some serious sightseeing on the side. The hotel is connected to the Coex convention center and mall, which gave us lots of room to walk off our jet lag. There is a metro station in the mall, so it would be possible to use it to get around,although we were lucky enough to have local guides. The room was comfortable, though small, and the service was excellent.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JudyZ167
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Judy,

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor much appreciated.

As you have highlighted our location and facilities are truly second to none with direct access to the Convention Centre the Coex Mall downstairs and even a 1200 year old temple across the street we certainly are a great place to base yourself whilst visiting this bustling city!

The team will be very pleased to hear your comments on the service being excellent and thank you for recognising the team for this, it makes a huge difference.

Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we do hope that next time you visit Seoul you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Kassel, Germany
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Location:
Very good location with lots of places to eat nearby. A subway station is also not too far from hotel. THere is also a shuttle that goes to the Incheon Airport (32,000 WON)

Breakfast: Huge selection of everything one can wish for, from western choices to oriental. But this wide selection comes at a price of 45,000 WON (roughly 32 € - the most expensive breakfast I ever had!)

Internet: W-LAN with amazin speed (35 MB/s download and 12 MB/s upload)

Room: Very spacious room, very clean.

Bathroom: very clean with white, spotless towels..

Minibar/Fridge: available.

Overall impression: Very nice, very clean but also expensive, recommended to business travelers or those who can afford it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic 5* review of our hotel, much appreciated.

I was very pleased to read your feedback and whilst Seoul certainly is not the cheapest city in the world to visit, on comparison to our competitors we do believe that we continue to provide better service, quality and variety which makes your stay better value for money overall.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope that should business bring you back to Seoul that you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my 2nd trip staying in this hotel. The service was superb from the moment I stepped off the taxi. Check in was done quickly and I was sent off to my room. Though I would have preferred a room on a higher floor, this time around I stayed around the lower levels. The bathroom set up looked a little dated but the rest of the room was good and comfortable. It had all the necessary amenities to meet the needs of a business visitor.

The adjoining Coex Mall had a number of restaurants open, so looking for food was convenient too.

Looking forward to a next visit.

1 Thank CarLi_1911
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.

Repeat clientele is the true measure of our success so I was very pleased to read that this was not your first visit.

Thank you also for highlighting the excellent service as this makes such a difference to our very dedicated team.

We hope to be able to welcome you back time and time again whenever your travels bring you to Seoul.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went there twice with my Mom few months ago and she loved it. Mainly because the breakfast and service I think.
The breakfast has heaps of options and food great.
During our second stay she spotted two hairs on a supposedly fresh towel and had me call the front dest to report the incident. Soon after a staff that spoke Mandarin called up to apologise again, changed our towel and sent up fresh juice and dessert to appease her anger …My Mom was happy about how they handled the issue and was happy to let go.

Concierge staff very friendly and helpful.

My mom's opinion aside, I think the room is quite pricy for the small room you get. but location is good, well connected and right next to a big department store and numerous restaurants.

Will stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you to both you and your mother for your feedback following your stay, much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that when you did raise an issue with our team that they quickly corrected this for you.

With your overall comment being “Great Service, Breakfast and Restaurants” I can only say thank you and I am sure the team will be very pleased to hear of your feedback, this makes such a difference to them all.

As you have highlighted our location is truly second to none with Shopping, Entertainment, Dining all within the one complex and all centrally located in downtown Gangnam.

Thanks again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the InterContinental Seoul Coex sometime in the near future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here with our 8 month old baby for one week while visiting with friends and sight-seeing in Seoul. We found it to be affordable, spacious, and well-staffed. An obvious older property, the decor is somewhat out-dated but this was quickly over-looked as there were so many other wonderful things about our stay:

- Very new Bloom crib was provided for our baby (they provided sheets as well, but I brought our own from home)
- Beautiful view of the river from our room on the 29th floor
- Spacious room and bathroom, especially by Asian standards
- Housekeeping was very thorough in cleaning our room everyday during our stay, including vacuuming the floor which our baby crawled on and dropped a few Cheerios on daily
- Generous and delicious breakfast buffet with American and Asian dishes (I wish we had included this in our room rate, as it would have been cheaper than paying separately.)
- No freezer in-room or in the club lounge for breast milk, but guest services was very kind and speedy in running my cooler back and forth from the service freezer on the first floor at all times of the day and night
- Boguensa Temple across the street was an excellent place to walk our baby around in the morning
- Many cafes and restaurants are walking distance from the hotel. This was important to us so we could put the baby to sleep some nights in his stroller and then take him with us to dinner without waking him up to get in a cab or fumble around on the train.
- Note: The COEX mall was under construction while we were there, but this was not an issue for us as the Hyundai department store is also very close

Room Tip: 29th Floor, River view was beautiful day and night
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic 5* star review of our hotel here on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us, much appreciated.

I think you have been our first customer to actually mention about their experience when travelling with a baby and therefore I was very interested to read your feedback.
Thank you for also highlighting and sharing the many great things about not only our hotel but also the many accessible areas and things to do around the hotel, day or night time.

With a new subway connection to the hotel opening later in the year this will also give guests another reason to base themselves here in the InterContinental.

Thank you once again for your fantastic feedback and sharing your experience when travelling with a young family.

We hope should your travels bring you back to Seoul that you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul Coex.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a real Intercontinental Hotel. Located in Gangnam-gu, connected to the Coex exhibition center, easily reachable from the airport using the KAL Limousine bus. It features everything a traveler may need, in a very decent and luxurious ambience. Of course this has a price, the hotel is by far not cheap, but I still would really recommend it.

1 Thank Gilles R
Dear Gilles,

Thank you for taking the time to share and ultimately recommend our hotel, much appreciated.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and yes you have highlighted some of the many great features and ease of accessibility from both the Incheon and Gimpo airports with many daily direct connections.

Should your travels bring you back to Seoul we do hope that you will continue to choose the InterContinental Seoul Coex as you base when visiting this great city!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I found this hotel to be a nice, 5 star standard property but with not too many redeeming features to make it stand out. Service was sound, but the issue of dealing with a new Ambassador level member seemed beyond the staff (which was handled superbly by the Ambassador website on my return). I was upgraded to a river view room which is the same room as the city view and you got to see some of the river; which is my opinion is no different to having a city view room.

Rooms are equipped well as per 5-star standard, and I have to mention the gym is fantastic. Massive, well equipped and also an decent sized indoor pool. Location of the hotel is a little far away from the popular places, but it is adjacent to Coex centre which is why most of us were staying there I guess.

Dining was satisfactory, but note the restaurants close at 9.30 which seemed early to me. Breakfast was a good variety of all food types with fresh juices as well. Overall a good stay for a conference.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us, much appreciated.

My apologies for the delays or confusion caused with your check-in, especially given your status with us as an Ambassador member. I have already spoken with the team to look into the current levels of understanding and improve where necessary, especially given the large amount of repeat Ambassador member’s visiting our hotel.

Thanks for your feedback on other items/areas including as you have for highlighted our fantastic fitness facility overlooking the 1200yr old Bongeunsa temple. We do hope to be able to welcome you back to the InterContinental sometime in the near future.