“There are hotels, and then there is the Coex InterContinental”

InterContinental Seoul COEX
Ranked #33 of 500 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 1 July 2014

From the moment you walk into the hotel everyone treats you like you are a rock star! The front staff could not be nicer. If you so much as looked like you had a question or a concern the hotel staff would run to your side to see what you needed. My room was a single king and the bed was like sleeping on feathers. The room was spacious, clean and the housekeeping staff was excellent. I had breakfast in the Brasserie during my stay and the meals were delicious. If you are in Seoul for a convention at the Coex, then this is your hotel. There is a mall connected to the hotel, if you are bringing kids they have a movie theatre when they or you need some down time. I did have time to swim in their pool a few times and would highly recommend there pool and gym. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for your fantastic 5* detailed review of our hotel, much appreciated.

The team takes great pleasure in ensuring our guests feel welcomed and taken care of from their first arrival experience through until the departure date and your review has clearly highlighted this.

I love sharing these types of comments and feedback with them as it really gives them a great boost when recognized for all their hard work.

Thanks once again for highlighting the many great aspects of our hotel and we all hope to welcome you back to the InterContinental next time your travels bring you to Seoul.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Seoul COEX

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This hotel needs to train their people a bit on how to handle complaints. I paid $19.00/USD in the lobby for a a small glass of grapefruit juice. Having had that horrible experience, I thought it best to check and see how much I was paying for a very small can of Coke out if the mini bar in my room. Needless to say, it was outrageously high, $9.00/USA. I understand hotel prices are high, however that's no excuse to gauge their customers. To add insult to injury, the prices were not posted, at least in my room.
When I asked to see a manager, I was confronted by the most arrogant Hotel manager I have ever talked with. All he would say is that hotel prices are high and that's that. All I wanted was some acknowledgement that I had a legitimate complaint. I for one will not use this hotel again. There are too many other hotels in Seoul where the staff knows how to deal more effectively with customers. Oh yea, watch out for the $45.00/USD breakfast buffet, another of the many rip offs in this hotel.

5  Thank Joseph D
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Joseph,

Apologies for the lack of hospitality which you have been shown on your recent visit....
Naturally I was very disappointed to read this as we generally receive a lot of positive feedback, especially in relation to the friendliness of our employees.

I shall contact you via your email address linked here to TripAdvisor as naturally I would like to look into this further and speak with the team member responsible.

Once again my apologies for the lack of response and recognition and I do hope to hear back from you at your convenience.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I usually stay here when I visit Korea and have visited about 4-5 times.The Coex mall and underpath to subway station/department is under renovation, but after it is completed there will be much more food and shopping choices around.
The interior and design is not modern or fancy, but is very well maintained and clean.
Staffs are nice, but sometimes the amenities are not filled up so I had to ring housekeeping a few times every visit. Responses are quick and polite.
Breakfast buffet is excellent with a lot of choices. Some male staffs in the buffet restaurant needs more smile.
I have taken out one point because of the hotel guests. Group tourists are frequent and can be quite noisy. Some guests smoke in the non smoking area and in the lift. Had seen several occasions of this.
Price is reasonable compared to the quality and service and especially to its sibling hotel, grand intercontinental or parnas. Intercontinental seoul parnas is mor expensive than coex but the staffs are not as nice or professional as this hotel.
Overall it is a very nice hotel and I will return here for my next visit to seoul.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hayon L
Darren M, General Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Hayon,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, much appreciated.

You have raised a number of good points which we can discuss with the team to ensure that we remain as your favourite hotel in Korea, your return business is greatly appreciated.

You will be pleased to hear that the Coex Mall renovations are all on track and expected to be completed by November of this year, however I hope on your last visit you did get to see Phase 1 which has already reopened?

We are all looking forward to this and in conjunction with that we are pleased to say that the hotel will also have a new subway station directly connected to the hotel which is also due to be finished and operational by the end of this year.

Thanks once again for your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the InterContinental Seoul Coex sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were in Seoul for a conference, with some serious sightseeing on the side. The hotel is connected to the Coex convention center and mall, which gave us lots of room to walk off our jet lag. There is a metro station in the mall, so it would be possible to use it to get around,although we were lucky enough to have local guides. The room was comfortable, though small, and the service was excellent.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JudyZ167

Dear Judy,

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor much appreciated.

As you have highlighted our location and facilities are truly second to none with direct access to the Convention Centre the Coex Mall downstairs and even a 1200 year old temple across the street we certainly are a great place to base yourself whilst visiting this bustling city!

The team will be very pleased to hear your comments on the service being excellent and thank you for recognising the team for this, it makes a huge difference.

Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we do hope that next time you visit Seoul you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Location:
Very good location with lots of places to eat nearby. A subway station is also not too far from hotel. THere is also a shuttle that goes to the Incheon Airport (32,000 WON)

Breakfast: Huge selection of everything one can wish for, from western choices to oriental. But this wide selection comes at a price of 45,000 WON (roughly 32 € - the most expensive breakfast I ever had!)

Internet: W-LAN with amazin speed (35 MB/s download and 12 MB/s upload)

Room: Very spacious room, very clean.

Bathroom: very clean with white, spotless towels..

Minibar/Fridge: available.

Overall impression: Very nice, very clean but also expensive, recommended to business travelers or those who can afford it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic 5* review of our hotel, much appreciated.

I was very pleased to read your feedback and whilst Seoul certainly is not the cheapest city in the world to visit, on comparison to our competitors we do believe that we continue to provide better service, quality and variety which makes your stay better value for money overall.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we do hope that should business bring you back to Seoul that you will again choose the InterContinental Seoul, Coex.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is my 2nd trip staying in this hotel. The service was superb from the moment I stepped off the taxi. Check in was done quickly and I was sent off to my room. Though I would have preferred a room on a higher floor, this time around I stayed around the lower levels. The bathroom set up looked a little dated but the rest of the room was good and comfortable. It had all the necessary amenities to meet the needs of a business visitor.

The adjoining Coex Mall had a number of restaurants open, so looking for food was convenient too.

Looking forward to a next visit.

1  Thank CarLi_1911

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review here on TripAdvisor, much appreciated.

Repeat clientele is the true measure of our success so I was very pleased to read that this was not your first visit.

Thank you also for highlighting the excellent service as this makes such a difference to our very dedicated team.

We hope to be able to welcome you back time and time again whenever your travels bring you to Seoul.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went there twice with my Mom few months ago and she loved it. Mainly because the breakfast and service I think.
The breakfast has heaps of options and food great.
During our second stay she spotted two hairs on a supposedly fresh towel and had me call the front dest to report the incident. Soon after a staff that spoke Mandarin called up to apologise again, changed our towel and sent up fresh juice and dessert to appease her anger …My Mom was happy about how they handled the issue and was happy to let go.

Concierge staff very friendly and helpful.

My mom's opinion aside, I think the room is quite pricy for the small room you get. but location is good, well connected and right next to a big department store and numerous restaurants.

Will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you to both you and your mother for your feedback following your stay, much appreciated.

I was pleased to read that when you did raise an issue with our team that they quickly corrected this for you.

With your overall comment being “Great Service, Breakfast and Restaurants” I can only say thank you and I am sure the team will be very pleased to hear of your feedback, this makes such a difference to them all.

As you have highlighted our location is truly second to none with Shopping, Entertainment, Dining all within the one complex and all centrally located in downtown Gangnam.

Thanks again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the InterContinental Seoul Coex sometime in the near future.