“Complete Picture of Stay”

InterContinental Seoul COEX
Ranked #35 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A complete summary of my stay at the hotel, location, price, staff etc.

Location
My Korean colleague travelling with me was certainly puffed the first night of arrival as it was a 20 minute power walk from the nearest train station on a hot night. We suggest to get around the easiest way is a taxi, thankfully taxi's are very cheap

Not to confused with The Grand Intercontinental Hotel
Just a block away is another intercontinental hotel, make sure your instructions are very clear to the driver which one you want to go to. We were taken to the wrong one a couple of times!

Friendly Staff
Staff will open your car door, carry your luggage, wait with you while you check in, take you up the lift, assist you into the room and explain what all the buttons on the remote control do. The service is great and very friendly, just be prepared to say hello to everyone as you walk past each time.

English
The spoken english is very good, I had some great conversation with the hotel staff. The only difficulty I had was when I called the front desk from my room, the person on the receiving end was unable to speak english.

Function Centres
The function centres are quite nice, modern and we enjoyed a very tasty 5 course meal during one of our events. Certainly a good dynamic space to hold a business event

Temperature
Each rooms has its own climate control, hot or cold it worked really well!

Rooms
Rooms were clean, comfortable, spacious, with complimentary slippers, fresh towels daily, made beds, if you leave items lying around whoops they will place everything in straight rows for you. The toilet seats are also heated! That was a surprise! haha.

Price
You are paying for a 5 star hotel, yes it is going to be expensive, thankfully I was there on business. However comparatively the prices seem reasonable to other 5 star hotels in some countries! However, the food is certainly overpriced, neighbouring restaurants are not far, don't be afraid to head into Gangnam to get some tasty local food!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Emjae25

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff and services at this hotel really are top grade. Nowhere else I stay do I find the staff more polite or willing to help in any way.
Undoubtedly this hotel is aimed at the business traveller, being conveniently linked to the Coex Exhibition Centre, but within 5 minutes walk there are plenty of little bars and restaurants, and the Metro station is less than 10 minutes walk away.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here for the Seoul Character and Licensing Fair. It was my 2nd time at this hotel.
Lobby is modern and spacious. This hotel was convenient as we were attending an event at COEX. Rooms are well equipped and a good size. Bed was comfortable. Lots of small cafes with good food at the COEX underground mall.
There are also good restaurants outside the hotel. There are Korean bbq restaurants across the road.
Prices are as expected for a hotel in this category.
The staff were easy to find, very helpful and friendly.
Would recommend this hotel.
KAL bus from airport stops outside the door. Subway is connected to underground mall which is connected to the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms I have seen are good.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was my first time to Seoul and the purpose was for work. The Coex is definitely a business hotel. By that I mean there isn't much character or charm. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. There are a few restaurants on site and they are good but not great and the price is much higher than nearby restaurants outside the hotel.

My room was clean and comfortable and had a decent view of the city. The bed was nice and everything in the room was in good working order.

The gym was one of the better ones I've seen in a hotel. There was plenty of equipment, around 10 treadmills and 10 elliptical machines and a large assortment of strength training equipment. Another nice feature of the gym is that it looked out across the street at a temple.

The hotel is within walking distance of at least two interesting sites. The Bongeunsa Temple is right across the street and the Seolleung Tombs are a 20 minute walk away.

If you are taking the limousine (bus) to the airport make sure you allow enough time. I arrived late at night and there wasn't much traffic. I would guess it took about an hour. On the return trip we stopped at a handful of other hotels and the traffic was terrible. It took over 90 minutes for the return trip.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for a better view.
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Our flight to Shanghai got diverted to Seoul and the airline put us up in this hotel for 1 night....for an unexpected overnight stay, the hotel was fine...but wouldn't choose this hotel for the following reasons...

Convenience....if you are going to take the 70 min ride from the airport, at least stay in an interesting hotel....

Location....walked around for 45 mins or so to get the feel of the area....not much going on...on a Saturday night, the local restaurants and bars were surprisingly dead...there is a casino very close by...but not anything that interests me...

Room...clean, fairly nicely appointed box...

Nothing horribly wrong...but this is exactly the type of hotels I avoid....my theory is that the reason why you see so many lifeless, grumpy business travelers is because they eat boring food and stay in generic hotels like this...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Seoul COEX, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear DSTSS,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We are sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not satisfied with the conditions of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my two nights stay here. Staff is great and very helpful.

I ate my dinner at Brasserie, they have very good variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian food. Their hostess is a very nice person.

I was particularly impressed with their flexibility- they helped me in having my breakfast at Intercon grand instead of Coex.

My only complaint is room size that are quite small.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well what to say , the hotel rooms are good and enough luxury. Shower which is clean and big, also a bath. Location is perfect and the service very attentive. But : early check in. 30% extra charge , room charge also too high if comparing to other brands 4 star plus. Food and drink the same. Overpriced. Ok the breakfast was great and a big choice but my general feeling is overpriced.

Stayed: July 2014