Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam
US$138
US$124
  • Restaurant
1,622 results
All reviewsbusiness tripsinnonhyeon stationnice business hotelbreakfast buffetexecutive floorhealth clubfood streetsuperior roombit datedlobby barincheon airportrestaurants and shopspleasant stayhotel is locatedfitness centersouth koreaconvenient location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Visited with a friend, each getting single rooms. Arrived on a Friday evening from Shanghai looking forward to 3 days of relaxation and good eats. Check in friendly and smooth with great English.

I had a Northern view which was decent. I think you should request higher floors. Though only on the 5th floor the hotel rests somewhat on a hill so I could see a distance. Our rooms a bit dated, but the bed was perfectly comfortable. Bathrooms very small and with a tub shower, which at 192cm is not ideal for me. Japanese-ish toilets, but not Toto quality.

On our second day here I visited the fitness center. This is an incredible facility that clearly has lots of locals and expats as members. Rarely do I see hotel gyms with this much cardio and resistance training equipment. Essentially everything you could want and plenty of space. Great indoor lane pool with a few lanes and a kiddie area. Sauna, steam room, massages and grooming services also available. An older Korean fellow is ready to give you a haircut and shave pretty much most of the day. As a bonus, there's an indoor driving range and putting green. Instructors seem to be available, but you'd need to verify this.

The real gem of this place is that it's in a great location, but doesn't come at the hefty price that the Ritz Carlton next door has. You are across the street from a massive eating and drinking neighborhood that can satisfy many cravings, or a few doors down and to the left another food and bar street exists where the best fried chicken I've ever had in my life was served to me.

Concierge was very good at securing addresses in Korean for us, as I hadn't been able to find a good resource to do this. I can read Korean, but don't speak much so these guys were a great help. When we asked for specific kinds of food, they steered us in the right direction every time.

We did not dine in the hotel, so I can't comment on that. There are a few mini bar offerings, though they charge about $5USD for a toothbrush rather than giving you a free one as I'm used to in Asia. Not a big deal, but I asked them to wave it.

We paid around $165 per night for each single room and it was good value. The location, fitness center, cleanliness, and quiet rooms make this a good choice when visiting Seoul and Gangnam in particular.

PS. Friday and Saturday you'll find Tracks nightclub open. It's right between Ritz Carlton and Novotel, and was formerly known as Eden. Expensive, but fun mingling for singles and dancing for couples.

Room Tip: As usual ask for a high floor, facing north.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelSeoulGN, Resident Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear DrZForbes ,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your positive comments with future Travellers to Seoul.
Glad that you enjoyed our credit, fitness center and our local neighborhood including Restaurants, shopping and great night life.
As Disposable items the government has suggested we discontinue offering to every guest to assist in Seoul "Sustainable" approach.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very comfortable and conveniently located. Good amenities and facilities. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel and was very pleased by the staff-Friendly and courteous. Good gym but needs an upgrade on free weights. Otherwise pretty good. I would recommend to others and will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Resident Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Fred H ,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was my third stay at the Novotel Ambassador and it is always nice to be here.
The location of the hotel in Gangnam is perfect. Easy access to the Metro stations and to a lot of shops, bars and restaurants.
Perfect service, nice welcome and very kind staff at the reception. Perfect breakfast offer even for european guests. I can fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
NovotelSeoulGN, Resident Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Matthias S ,

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Very centrally located hotel 250m distance to famous Gangnam street. Comfortable with many different facility services . Most of all very helpful and friendly staff especially Mr. Andrew and Taylor from bellroom were so positive and helpful. Overall was very satisfactory stay in this hotel and next time I will pick this again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear TMERIC,

Glad that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for your positive comment especially on our service. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our recent stay at the Gangnam Novotel was outstanding due to them having a great bell staff. These guys made us feel comfortable in a big foreign city. Andrew and Tyler were so kind and helpful from helping us use the ATM machine, helping me find my cell phone, to writing down specific places in Korean for our taxi drivers to smiling and welcoming back every time we returned to the hotel.

This was a special trip traveling with a friend to adopt a baby girl and me going back to my birthplace and orphanage for the first time after leaving Seoul 49 years ago at the age of 10 months old. So to be treated so kindly during such an emotional trip really meant a lot to us.

The only opportunities were that the rooms were a little dated on the 5th floor; however they were clean and large. And the restaurants were very expensive with the pricing did not match the quality of the food.

Thanks Andrew and Tyler for such a nice Gangnam Style Stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jconway01,

Glad that you enjoyed your stay for this special and emotional trip to Korea. Also appreciate for your kind comment of our bell staff which I will share with my team. We newly completed our Executive floor and plan for others in near future. Will look into the food. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon again!