Lowest prices for your stay
£180
Get rewarded with One Key
travelup.com
£177
2,153 results
All reviews business trip food street executive room mini bar fitness center subway station hotel is located convenient location gangnam concierge hyun sauna accor charger asia line bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 July 2019

-- Same review sent as private feedback to Accord

TLDR: Broken AC, had to ask 3 times for a fix, no fix was provided. Changed rooms only to realize other room had dirty bathroom (black hair). Ended up checking in at Le Méridien.

I want to say first and foremost that the personnel of this hotel was very nice and courteous and hope my comments won't reflect badly on them. I am usually a big fan of Accord hotels (Mercure, Novotel, Sofitel, Fairmont...) and have recommended the chain to at least a dozen people over the past few years, always being greatly satisfied until now.

The beginning of my stay went well, the personnel is very welcoming and I thought this hotel upheld the great standard set by Accord.

Unfortunately, on the third day of my stay, the AC in my room started acting erratically and was unable to cool the room properly. I asked the front desk to please send someone to fix it in the morning - again, I want to stress that the personnel was very courteous and understanding of the situation. Upon my return around lunch time, I was told the AC had been fixed. When I got up to the room, I realized the situation was still the same, the AC was not able to cool the room properly.

Leaving in the afternoon, I inquired again and asked for them to please have a better look at the situation (the AC was working but kept turning on and off, unable to cool the room below 25 Celsius. Upon my return past 11pm, exhausted from a long day of meetings, I had the displeasure of noticing the AC had not been fixed.

Asking the front desk for assistance again, well into the night, they decided to move me to another room which seemed fine at first. The AC did work in this room.

Unfortunately, running a bath in the morning, I noticed black hair (I'm blond) floating to the surface. Upon closer inspection, the bathroom was dirty. I checked out of the hotel and ended up checking next door at Le Méridien which provided me with much better accommodation.

It is unfortunate that I had such a bad experience with the Novotel Seoul Gangnam. I will be staying in other Accord hotels but in the future, I will be staying at Le Méridien for any future trip to Gangnam.

I believe this is mostly a management and policy issue as the personnel was again very nice and I believe, was just following standard unfit procedures. It is unfortunate but I am very disappointed.

Room tip: avoid this hotel, better hotels in the area
1  Thank charlietravels2much
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2019

Dear.charlietravels2much

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Novotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Guest Experience manager

Reviewed 26 July 2019

Near to the train station, walking distance to access the Gangnam Street food.
Cozy place with good Gym facility.
Convenient store is just across the street in case you would like to grab something quick

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2019

Dear.kayzthe3

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam.

Reviewed 22 July 2019

This is the second time I've stayed here, and really enjoy the hotel, staff and location. Located a short walk from Gangnam (down a steep hill), and near hundreds of restaurants. Room was on the 15th floor which is the executive floor, and is perfectly adequate. My room had a leeking bath that ended up flooding the bedroom carpet, but they quickly sent in engineering and offerred me to swich rooms.
Breakfast on the 2nd floor was plentyful, but the executive floor breakfast was very lacking.
Still, would stay here again.

1  Thank Oliver W
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2019

Dear.Oliie1979

Reviewed 19 July 2019

As an international chain, this hotel lacks the service oriented attitude you would expect from Accor Hotel Group. We booked our rooms through Expedia despite the rates being the same through Accor. Upon check-in to my room, I noticed a chip in the bathtub that could cut your foot. Informed the front desk and they sent maintenance. Instead of changing my room, they ask me to wait while the maintenance staff would caulk the chip and cracks in my bathtub. When I complained, they were unwilling to change the room as they didn't have any at the same rate class. They didn't think I would understand what they were saying in Korean but I got is all. Finally, the manager reluctantly changed my room. Other experiences related to front desk committing, but not being about to deliver and when they get called on it, pretend like whatever. The renovated rooms were fine and the location is great...however I would not recommend staying here unless:

(1) You get a renovated room
(2) Service drastically improves and that includes the attitude of the front desk staff

Room tip: Ask for a renovated room. Currently only ~35 to 40% have been renovated
1  Thank kaontong

Dear.kaontong

For your comments,We will pay more attention overall attitude and service of front desk staff.

Reviewed 8 July 2019

Excellent place you have there. I believe all participants Inclusive of myself had a wonderful experience at the hotel.

This was coupled with the fact the food was deliciously exquisite and the ambiance very marvelous.❤

Room tip: No didn't give one
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NovotelSeoulGN, Guest Experience Manager at Novotel Ambassador Seoul Gangnam, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2019

Dear.Global45659557410